JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 5, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2,851 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening right now to Aquarium Rescue Unit's Mirrors of Embarrassment. It's an absolutely smoking live rock recording from the early 90's.

The sound, in a word; stunning.

Dammit I can't wait to have these. I doubt I will be disappointed but I am still sceptical. I mainly want them for the comfort. I have had major problems with universal IEM's. As long as they beat my SE530's and are super comfy I am happy.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #2,852 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FALC0NR14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dammit I can't wait to have these. I doubt I will be disappointed but I am still sceptical. I mainly want them for the comfort. I have had major problems with universal IEM's. As long as they beat my SE530's and are super comfy I am happy.

They destroy the SE530s.

I had the SE530s made into custom monitors 2 years ago, and loved them. But, they are not even close to being in the same league.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #2,853 of 10,747
Quote:

They destroy the SE530s.

I had the SE530s made into custom monitors 2 years ago, and loved them. But, they are not even close to being in the same league.

When you say things like this my wallet feels like Mike tyson hit it. But on the up side they are much better than my SE530's. Hey Rlanger what's the artwork like on yours? Plus is it peeling/fading or being scratched off?

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #2,854 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FALC0NR14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you say things like this my wallet feels like Mike tyson hit it. But on the up side they are much better than my SE530's. Hey Rlanger what's the artwork like on yours? Plus is it peeling/fading or being scratched off?

I didn't get standard artwork. I had Adam embed a pewter charm and it turned out great. Although, I bought the charm online and had it sent directly to them, so didn't get a chance to see it first, and wish it were just a bit larger.

IMG_1477-1.jpg

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #2,855 of 10,747
Quote:

I didn't get standard artwork. I had Adam embed a pewter charm and it turned out great. Although, I bought the charm online and had it sent directly to them, so didn't get a chance to see it first, and wish it were just a bit larger.

IMG_1477-1.jpg

That's an awesome idea. I was thinking about getting artwork but if it peels or looks **** I wouldn't bother.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #2,856 of 10,747
Perspective check!!!
For everyone who is frustrated about waiting longer than anticipated from a company who does custom work, I have 2 words (well, actually, one word and some numbers):

[size=medium]Sennheiser HD800[/size]

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #2,860 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by WithBadIntent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but just how portable are they?.

You missed my point.

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #2,861 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perspective check!!!
For everyone who is frustrated about waiting longer than anticipated from a company who does custom work, I have 2 words (well, actually, one word and some numbers):

[size=medium]Sennheiser HD800[/size]

cancelled my artwork until they get the machine that prints directly on there. hen we'll see just how willing I am to send them back across the pond and be without them in the meantime.

for the moment though, I will be content with a dark black/red/purple (transparent) kinda like a really oxygenated blood colour sort of a bit more purple and dark. so mine should not take them very long now. I hope there is no bubbles

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #2,862 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you notice any hiss on iMod headphone out with JH13? I did notice a slight hiss on my 5.5G iMod with UM3x but it is dead quiet with my iPhone. Unfortunately I will not able to try until late Aug or early Sept.

The JH13pro hiss less than my ES3X, so the 5.5G iPod video headphone jack hiss is very mild with the JH13Pro and slightly louder with the ES3X (but the 5.5G still has less hiss than my Macbook Pro headphone out, or ALO Amphora)

Quote:

They destroy the SE530s.

Agreed - my SE530 were made into customs a year and a half ago and the JH13Pro wipe the floor with them them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cancelled my artwork until they get the machine that prints directly on there. hen we'll see just how willing I am to send them back across the pond and be without them in the meantime.

for the moment though, I will be content with a dark black/red/purple (transparent) kinda like a really oxygenated blood colour sort of a bit more purple and dark. so mine should not take them very long now. I hope there is no bubbles

If you study my JH13Pro art very closely you can see what looks to be some digital jaggies in the flames edges/outline, but from 2-3 feet away it is not noticeable at all.

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #2,863 of 10,747
I love my iPod 5G soo much since I rockboxed it. I have so little hiss now it's unbelievable to think its the same iPod. On stock apple firmware it hissed so much I didn't use it. This is with my SE530's BTW. I will be useing JH-13's with this iPod as well.

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #2,864 of 10,747
Quote:

They destroy the SE530s.

Were they custom tipped or were they full shells?

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #2,865 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were they custom tipped or were they full shells?

Full custom shells. They were made in Japan by the same guy who makes the 5 driver FIT EAR Customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back