JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #2,791 of 10,743
Hopefully hkimo case is a one off. Cut him some slack guys, he is just sharing his experience. Perhaps its a case of lack of communication or maybe the guys at JH are so swamped with orders they really missed out on his monitors?

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #2,792 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact, I am e-mail to Jerry.
But, he reply my first and second e-mail and tell me it will not later than next end week.

It is my last message from JH.

I also call JH to ask the tracking number, they promise me but never get it.
I also contact Brittany,But still the same.

MabyeI hestiate to received and has no patience.
Finally I got it.
but my passion has be deducted.

I can understand your feelings. Just hope that everything will be ironed out soon.

By the way you said that "Finally I got it." What do you mean--you got the tracking number or the patience or what? Anyway, all the best

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #2,793 of 10,743
I got mine today, I've ordered on June 22.
color scheme is, shell - clear black, cable - black, with black JH girl logo.

Click picture to see larger.

My first impression is, the sound signature is somewhat similar to ES3X but cleaner and more transparent. I felt spacious sound-staging as others stated. Highs are sharp and well defined, bass is tight and not prominent, I think the frequency balance is good.
Very nice one!

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #2,794 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To anyone in the SF Bay Area who's been following this thread:

JH Audio is sending me the demo units of the JH13, JH11, and JH10x3 for the meet being held near SFO airport this weekend. Come hear what everyone's been talking about! See the following thread for more details on the meet: NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009 - Page 15 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #2,795 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very nice one!

Trans black always looks awesome.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2,796 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully hkimo case is a one off. Cut him some slack guys, he is just sharing his experience. Perhaps its a case of lack of communication or maybe the guys at JH are so swamped with orders they really missed out on his monitors?

x 2 -- Seems anyone saying anything negative will be eaten alive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first impression is, the sound signature is somewhat similar to ES3X but cleaner and more transparent. I felt spacious sound-staging as others stated. Highs are sharp and well defined, bass is tight and not prominent, I think the frequency balance is good.
Very nice one!

Nice succinct impressions.

I believe HPA & Sasaki are the only ones to have all 3 flagship IEMs (UE11, ES3X & JH13), but I don't expect Sasaki will be writing a long review or answering many questions here.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #2,797 of 10,743
Well look at the thread it is a apprieciation thread not come on here and rip on a company because of customer service issues due to swamp of orders (be my guest to start a new thread about the service). But anyways nice impressions sasaki I like the color!

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2,798 of 10,743
Sure it is an appreciation thread but I see nothing wrong with a balanced approach. He has a right to express himself.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #2,799 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x 2 -- Seems anyone saying anything negative will be eaten alive.

Nice succinct impressions.

I believe HPA & Sasaki are the only ones to have all 3 flagship IEMs (UE11, ES3X & JH13), but I don't expect Sasaki will be writing a long review or answering many questions here.

There are many other custom iems in the pricerange, but only those three american companies are in the spotlight. in europe, there are several more, some which cost more. another, hidition.co.kr, admittedly, an ugly site and not pretty phones, had a 5 driver a year before JH13pro made six.

flagships exist from many companies and are not contained within one continent, but yes, Sasaki and HPA may be the only two at headfi that we know of who have flagships from those companies.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #2,800 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many other custom iems in the pricerange, but only those three american companies are in the spotlight. in europe, there are several more, some which cost more. another, hidition.co.kr, admittedly, an ugly site and not pretty phones, had a 5 driver a year before JH13pro made six.

flagships exist from many companies and are not contained within one continent, but yes, Sasaki and HPA may be the only two at headfi that we know of who have flagships from those companies.

And here we all are, waiting for HPA's formal review and impressions of the BIG three! Ah, the impatient waiting with bated breath, watching the watched pot that never boils, listening and looking, tongues (a)wagging...
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #2,801 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact, I am e-mail to Jerry.
But, he reply my first and second e-mail and tell me it will not later than next end week.

It is my last message from JH.

I also call JH to ask the tracking number, they promise me but never get it.
I also contact Brittany,But still the same.

MabyeI hestiate to received and has no patience.
Finally I got JH 13 PRO.
but my passion has be deducted.

6 months from now you probably won't even remember your experience with JHA; you'll be too busy enjoying your JH13's. It seems even the best companies may slip inadvertently from time to time. It's nothing to fuss over, really, considering you'll be enjoying their product for years to come.

I'm sorry that a certain person didn't respond to your comment more tactfully. Maybe he had a bad day, and maybe he really believed he had valid reasons to respond in that manner; but I personally think rude comments are worse than off-topic comments, and should be given just as much attention from forum administrators.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,802 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure it is an appreciation thread but I see nothing wrong with a balanced approach. He has a right to express himself.

x2

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,803 of 10,743
I understand completely but to take over a thread and go on and on about an issue that has already been noted is not productive. Going back on topic has there been anyone beside headphoneaddict that had fit issues? Seems like jha is doing pretty well there.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #2,804 of 10,743
I would say if you are in the United States, you can figure 4-5 weeks out from when they sent you your request form. They recieved my impressions on the 7th of July and I got the request form from Britney emailed to me on July 13th. I am not expecting mine until sometime after mid August. If it comes before that, then it is unexpected suprise. When they get your order, they may tell you 2-3 weeks, but don't hold them to that because it is not happening.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #2,805 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well look at the thread it is a apprieciation thread not come on here and rip on a company because of customer service issues due to swamp of orders (be my guest to start a new thread about the service). But anyways nice impressions sasaki I like the color!

As far as I know most, if not all, so-called appreciation threads have mostly positive but also a fair share of negative comments to balance things out -- that IS healthy and helpful to all members and lurkers. Otherwise, such threads should be called Fanboyism Threads.

I don't remember jamato8 being flamed when he first heard his JH13's and wasn't overly impressed. Of course, he's one experienced head-fier and can pretty much say anything and people will not lynch him. I don't think that if HPAddict, Jude, boomana, Eedwood, Iron_Dreamer and so on, expressed anything negative that you or anyone might dare to challenge their views, unless it's another one of the big boys.

New members or not so new ones but not well known, on the other hand, as long as they keep the praise coming they're VERY welcome. The moment a not so prominent member dares to say anything remotely negative about any aspect of the JH13's, some people will jump on their throat or start rationalising why that thing cannot possibly be a mistake/ wrong.

Yes, more experienced members have, er, experience and credibility, but many others' views should be respected as long as there not insulting.

Case in point, the artwork seems to have become a non-issue quite quickly-- it's a non-issue for me as I've said before -- but it's something that's been just swept under the carpet and the rationalization being "Hey, but they sound great. After all artwork doesn't really matter" Well, it matters to some, and it's something that's being offered/ sold by JH Audio but just not up to the standard of other aspects of the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back