JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #2,612 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Y'know, until the past couple of pages, I was actually getting closer to ordering the 13's...but if this is the effect they have...

wink.gif

...you'll be placing your order even sooner?

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #2,613 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sigh....I think I'm going to wait a year or two until I stop growing....in the meantime...se530 or um3x will have to do..

Many um3x and es3x owners will tell you that the um3x is pretty awesome; and if you can't be happy with the um3x, then you probably won't be much happier with an es3x (especially considering the price tag and the potentially huge overhead of waiting and sending your iems back and forward to be redone). JH 3-way series could be a different story (different specs and sonic presentation). So...you and I will have to be happy with the um3x for a while! ^^ haha

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #2,614 of 10,743
Picking up a Pico dac/amp tonight.

Not sure it will really make a big difference from listening straight out of my Zune, but if it does, then it will should be a pretty amazing setup.

Will post some impressions later tonight.

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #2,615 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my favourite is the voltag3 thread where his fake accounts are sussed out 6 or 7 times in 10 pages... classic.
we are off topic and i think i may have started it with the comment about my audiologist. i am sorry and should probably be banned (no, please don't do it).

Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that thread was quite, er...different and, dare I say, even a classic, but unfortunately the mods suddenly made it disappear a couple of weeks ago.

that's too bad, i'd love to have gotten a chance to check out such an amusing thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyhow, my audiologist had full lucious red lips, long flowing blond hair and a big round ass. Quite an odd looking bloke really!

hahaha, certainly the most amusing comment in this section of the thread.
biggrin.gif

and so as not to stray off topic too much, it looks like i'm biting the bullet and going the custom route (gulp). my impressions were taken last week by Dr. Beth Orliss ((201) 960-3714) and were received at JHA at the beginning of this week. Jerry Harvey considers her one of the two best people in the country at doing this, the other one being Frances Miranda in L.A. ((310) 237-1031) (i think she may have been at canjam) so if you're in either region you have a highly recommended audiologist to go see. their client lists read like a who's who of the music world, no doubt.
(hmmm, i should start a new thread for recommended audiologists.)

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #2,616 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picking up a Pico dac/amp tonight.

Not sure it will really make a big difference from listening straight out of my Zune, but if it does, then it will should be a pretty amazing setup.

Will post some impressions later tonight.

I dunno about the JH13, but The Pico DAC/AMp connected to the zune has improved all my headphones.

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #2,618 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sigh....I think I'm going to wait a year or two until I stop growing....in the meantime...se530 or um3x will have to do..

i would like to do that...and save some money...but i broke the rule already
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #2,619 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno about the JH13, but The Pico DAC/AMp connected to the zune has improved all my headphones.

Actually planning to connect it to my laptop. Not sure I'll use it much with the Zune unless there's a big difference.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #2,621 of 10,743
thanks for the information - people in the usa will love this. but... was she hot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's too bad, i'd love to have gotten a chance to check out such an amusing thread.

hahaha, certainly the most amusing comment in this section of the thread.
biggrin.gif

and so as not to stray off topic too much, it looks like i'm biting the bullet and going the custom route (gulp). my impressions were taken last week by Dr. Beth Orliss ((201) 960-3714) and were received at JHA at the beginning of this week. Jerry Harvey considers her one of the two best people in the country at doing this, the other one being Frances Miranda in L.A. ((310) 237-1031) (i think she may have been at canjam) so if you're in either region you have a highly recommended audiologist to go see. their client lists read like a who's who of the music world, no doubt.
(hmmm, i should start a new thread for recommended audiologists.)

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #2,622 of 10,743
Got my Pico tonight and the sound coming out of my laptop via the Pico dac is definitely a significant improvement over my Zune hp out. I'm not sure it gets much better than this... except for one small problem.

Fortunately, I think it is with my laptop. It's causing intermittent static. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, different USB cable and each port with no improvement.

Any suggestions?

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #2,624 of 10,743
I think he means the DAC/AMp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back