JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 15, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #1,757 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey thread, love the look of your JH13's. What color are they...clear? smoke? Whatever that color is, I think that's the color for me. Love seeing the insides like that.

Thanks! I asked for clear with 25% trans black.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #1,759 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoX7521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's still an opinion whether I've heard it or not. But it's a pretty clear fact IEM's are not great for soundstage and immersive experience. I doesn't matter how hard I try and close my ears and imaging myself being there I cannot fool my brain. The sound is too closed in to give me that feeling. Maybe the JH13 Pro may be a bit more expansive than top universal IEM's but still it won't fool my brain into thinking I'm at a live concert.

I never driven a Ferrari before, but I know it won't handle like a F22 Raptor.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #1,760 of 10,743
I just deleted a whole lot of thread crapping. Knock it off, people.

On-topic now: I'm really hoping to have mine before the end of the week.
smile.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,761 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just deleted a whole lot of thread crapping. Knock it off, people.

On-topic now: I'm really hoping to have mine before the end of the week.
smile.gif

What color are you getting?

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #1,762 of 10,743
Quote:

What color are you getting.

Hopefully, a very light rose (not pink), almost clear color with my avatar as the art. I have my fingers crossed that it will come out as designed, and that I'll have no fit issues (I did with my UE11s).

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #1,763 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by balu_613 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hadn't even heard of JH13 until yesterday and stumbled quite by accident upon this thread. After reading all the comments I feel I must get myself a pair. But I need to get my ear impressions done first. Can someone recommend a good audiologist in the San Francisco Bay Area (preferably in South Bay, Peninsula or Fremont)?

balu, there are good ones everywhere around here. I got mine done in San Leandro for $25. Found them following the links from Jerry's site.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #1,764 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey - HPA and Ed, I own then ES3X at the moment, and as you know I listen almost only to Classical music - would you recommend me to also get the JH-13? are they better for classical music?

Can you describe their sound signature in comperision? Are the 13 birhgter/warmer? flatter/less? smoother/less? more/less bassy? more/less transparent? more/less detailed? less/quicker?

If I own the ES3X is it smart to invest another 1K$ over the 13?

After spending 48 hours with both over the weekend I would say yes, but people might want both - it's like having a properly amplified HD800 or HP-1000 (ES3X) and Stax O2 (JH13Pro) both in the house at the same time (while the UE11Pro are more like a Grado PS-1 or L3000 that would be nice to add to the first two if you can).

I can't say more till my review is done.

Quote:

In terms of raw detail and sound quality yes these IEM's can compete with or even beat high end full size headphones and speakers but in terms of soundstage and the immersive feeling of being inside your music these IEM's cannot touch a headphone or even come remotely close to set of floor standing speakers.

We had the exact same sentiments and discussion about high sound quality and compromises in soundstage in the ES3X thread.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #1,766 of 10,743
So let me get this straight. Because most recordings are done with speakers being listened to in mind, we will never have sound stage coming from IEMs as we do from speakers... okay. So, my question is: if recordings were done with headphone listeners in mind, would binaural be the ideal method??

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,767 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So let me get this straight. Because most recordings are done with speakers being listened to in mind, we will never have sound stage coming from IEMs as we do from speakers... okay. So, my question is: if recordings were done with headphone listeners in mind, would binaural be the ideal method??

tigon_ridge, that an interesting question that would be a great topic for a new thread. Why don't you start one? Hoping to keep this thread on track.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #1,769 of 10,743
Quote:

It's still an opinion whether I've heard it or not. But it's a pretty clear fact IEM's are not great for soundstage and immersive experience. I doesn't matter how hard I try and close my ears and imaging myself being there I cannot fool my brain. The sound is too closed in to give me that feeling. Maybe the JH13 Pro may be a bit more expansive than top universal IEM's but still it won't fool my brain into thinking I'm at a live concert.

You're just trying to justify not buying the JH13, like me! NO WAY IT CAN HAVE SUCH A BIG SOUNDSTAGE, NO WAY.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #1,770 of 10,743
Quote:

Oh wow. I didn't mean to offend any of you guys. It's like I was trying to take one of a mother animals egg and that mother jumps at me with anger. I'm basing this soundstage info off of the IEM's I own now compared to the headphones I own and have heard. So you say the JH13 Pro has a better soundstage than the HD800 or many other full size headphones? That's crazy.

you are partially correct: iems in no way can compete with speakers - there is no visceral impact on your body in any way. even customs which are leagues better than the best universals only impact your inner and outer ear.

but customs are in no way comparable to other iems - bone conduction alone makes up for most of the problem relating to an audio instrument being stuck inside the ear.

but, if going to a concert meant feeling and hearing the music, the life around you, etc - there is no way that iems can come close to speakers which agitate the body as well as the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back