JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #466 of 626
Unbelievable how some can mix black and white into a greyish pulp
eek.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #467 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if someone ruins someone R10 it should be kept under wraps? So more people with R10's can get theirs ruined too.

Regardless of whatever happen here, I think if I ever own a pair of R-10, and if I ever decided to recable it, it will never go to JL. First they use a completelly unpractical cable, huge, heavy, and extremelly blinky cable...I personally preffer something more like Alex do, or Drew, or others, more like the original one, second I od not see myself ever spending $1500.00 for a clear insulated cooper wire, nor any other neither...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #468 of 626
Well wait a second here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... now as I do not know the truth behind this, I rather refrain from believing a newbie, than a reputable company, unless I have more elements, whatever was exposed here is not a single fact, all words, that can be said by anybody...

Quote:

... he posted info pertinent to the case, which is what I find wrong...

You say you have no facts and don't know any facts, yet you admit that Alex posted "info pertinent to the case" - and that he is wrong for doing this. Someone you also claim to be an outstanding person and who runs a reputable company?

~WT~

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #469 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really good, concise post!

Yes, curious. The owner apparently heard things from the Singlepower rewiring? If I was doing mods (and I have done work on other people's equipment), I would definitely note that and take a look. When I saw that the product had been modded before (probably just unpacking them and noting the non-stock cable) I would have contacted the customer to discuss this with them before doing anything else.

This I think is one of the most disturbing aspects of this event... they find a problem, "repair" it (apparently half-assed) and do not ever mention it to the owner (until now). If I had been doing this work to a $5K pair of phones (or whatever), I would have stopped and contacted the owner, with perhaps pics of what I saw as damage, and proceed only at the owner's request. And with the owner having a clear understanding of what the risks and possible outcomes would be.

Either way, it's bad. If they're not telling the truth, that the owner reported problems with intermittent sound and break-ups prior to them opening the headphones, that's as unprofessional as it gets. If they are telling the truth, they're admitting to lacking the most basic common sense, and/or have no procedures in place that even the most unethical car repair shops know to be necessary. They're demonstrating they are unprofessional and dismissive of the customer from day one. Lose-lose for JenaLabs.

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #470 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by W.T. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well wait a second here...

You say you have no facts and don't know any facts, yet you admit that Alex posted "info pertinent to the case" - and that he is wrong for doing this. Someone you also claim to be an outstanding person and who runs a reputable company?

~WT~

He posted information, that he beleives was right, about how things happen, but I do not think that he was present while things happen, and probably he is talking for what the customer told him, which he has his prerrogative of trusting or not, but as I do not know him, nor anybody of us, I will take that side fo the story as a grain of salt, period, and he could be right or wrong...same as the other guys at JL...

If you want to read my posts it is fine, otherwise man, I do not have time to say things time after time...

I have read all these pages and still I do not feel that any of the two is 100% believable for me...

Now I'm out, I have better things to do that going in circles in this dead horse beating thread...

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #471 of 626
Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a relationship between the cost of an item and fraud?

As the price goes up, the amount of fakery, fraud, charlatanism, scams, snake oil, and plain old BS increases proportionally.

Money attracts scammers - they see big ticket items and know that anyone buying it has other money to spend. They cook up an ancillary service/product and market it as necessary.

It's not just audio, all sorts of unnecessary crap is sold with any big ticket item.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #472 of 626
Erik: Mainly the amount of noise over the fraud. Seen plenty of scamming even over cheap stuff, it just doesn't involve the fun of police stings and discovering perpetrators that were also running drug labs, had houses full of stolen goods and were wanted in half a dozen states for everything under the sun. Hmmm, yeah, maybe you're right.

Maybe the amount of idiocy increases as well? What do you think?

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #473 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha... Whatever... tell me what did I say that was sooo bad in my PM?? It's obvious you're a waste,among other things. You're now on ignore.

Morph...you are one total delusional wreck.

It's not that you said something bad in the PM, it's the fact you taunted him via PM trying to be that internet tough guy you're so convinced that you are. Immediately after posting to him that he should "get a grip, get a life and move on" you go out of your way to taunt him via PM?!?

God you are a mental case and so fun to watch...like a howler monkey at the zoo.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #475 of 626
Quote:

I have read all these pages and still I do not feel that any of the two is 100% believable for me...

Now I'm out, I have better things to do that going in circles in this dead horse beating thread...

I wholeheartedly agree! The only thing left to this thread is a bunch of chest beating and knuckledraggin'! Sheesh!

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #476 of 626
Quote:

I wholeheartedly agree! The only thing left to this thread is a bunch of chest beating and knuckledraggin'! Sheesh!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #478 of 626
I think Morph201 and Sovkiller should commiserate together. Because, you know, it's they who are right and everyone else who is wrong, the poor deluded slobs. Thank goodness we have your awesome light of truth to illuminate the darkness that blinds us from the pearly understanding you clearly possess and gracefully share with us, ungrateful swine.

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #479 of 626
Quote:

And learning who to put on ignore by posts & PMs, as well per advertisements for future business in the case of JennaLabs and their products too!

Wondering why Morph201 initially alerted me to this thread, and then asked by PM, "Whos side are you on?" ... Leaving me wondering if there was more collusion going on than I at first suspected... (shrugs)

Enjoy the tunes, all~

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #480 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was referring Riboge's defensive of you. You did not ask for sympathy. Your posts asked for responses of suspicion, frustration, and disgust. You toyed with people from the get-go when all they were trying to do was make sense of the situation. You could have made the situation clearer, but you chose the opposite. You refused to answer simple questions...

You boggle the mind with basic incomprehension underlying impressive but irrelevant justifications. I made no defense of him whom I called stupid and of whom I said he showed bad judgment, etc. I was commenting on the likes of you straight out for your over-board indignation and substitution of fascination for your own inner machinations and suppositions for sufficient facts to reach such firm conclusions. I see how he did all that you describe and how aggravating it was. What I don't see is how that justifies your actions or conclusions about anything. His asking for it does not justify or excuse your perpetrating it on him and, worse, enjoying it so much. You must have heard that two wrongs don't make a right very early in your life. That and the golden rule are as simple and fundamental as it gets. No amount of brilliant diatribing overrules either of these.

You don't like how JL Labs behaved, by all indications to this point, in the face of their customer's complaints and others' subsequent criticisms. I don't either. Nonetheless, that will never rightfully serve to resolve the underlying issue of who did what to a pair of R10s and who should pay or do what as a result. That is at best grey to all so far not matter how desperately many want to establish black or white. Many want to declare they have sufficient reasons not to deal with JL in the future. You don't but also don't need to. You're free to do what you choose. You don't need to convince everyone else to support you in it or to defame anyone as a premise for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back