JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 23, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #18 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why I leave my headphones stock except for repairs.

I couldn't agree more.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #20 of 626
Wait... the pictures Alex took look like an R10 with the stock cable. If the recable was done by JenaLabs... shouldn't we be seeing the same copper cable in the pictures on the JenaLabs site? Now I'm a bit confused at what happened. Recabled and then decable and recabled back to original and then finally saved by Alex? o_O

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #23 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait... the pictures Alex took look like an R10 with the stock cable. If the recable was done by JenaLabs... shouldn't we be seeing the same copper cable in the pictures on the JenaLabs site? Now I'm a bit confused at what happened. Recabled and then decable and recabled back to original and then finally saved by Alex? o_O

They were recabled by JenaLabs. The same headphone was sent back to them 2 times for recable because the customer said that there is something wrong with them when he got them back. I won't get into what all JenaLabs said to him as I believe he will be posting all of this himself here on Head-Fi. In the end he sent them back one last time to get the stock cable put back on and then they made their way to us here at APureSound where I personally worked on the headphones and discovered all of this.

Thanks,
Alex

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 626
That's utterly disgusting how they butchered the R10. You put your trust that they know what they are doing, and look what happens.

Especially laughable considering how they brag about their recabling of the R10's on the own web site.

At least the R10's are back in working order.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 626
I've met Alex on several occasions. I've had the pleasure of listening to most of his cables. I've always said and continue to say that they are the best sounding cables I've yet heard period.
Alex is the most professional of builders, and his work is awe inspiring at times. Even his everyday stuff is flawless. I can't imagine a better choice of who to send these R-10s to for resurrection.
I do a lot of restoration work on Victorian homes, and detail is something I'm quite familiar with.
Alex is the master at the details.

It's my understanding that we may be hearing more about this debacle from the owner of the phones, and I think we all have a vested interest in knowing exactly what transpired here.

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #28 of 626
**As the World Turns.. sheesh
rolleyes.gif

I have been in contact with the owner(s) of JenaLabs, and I would advise everyone to at least hear BOTH sides of the story and not run to the assumption that JenaLabs is at total fault. I sympathize with the R10 owner if everything he said is completely accurate, but I also find it VERY hard to believe that a reputable company such as JenaLabs would conduct themselves in a less than professional mannner. JenaLabs deals with equipment worth a lot more than R10s, do you honestly think they would risk their name for a pair of headphones??

If what JenaLabs has told me is true it's truly SICKENING that someone would try to damage their reputation in such a manner!!

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #29 of 626
Hmmm, And what reply would one expect from a manufacturer that completely botched a pair of very expensive headphones "yeah that's right, we totally screwed those up", doubtful. If indeed the story is true, and by virtue of who restored the R-10s and has discussed the job done to them, I have every reason to believe it is, I seriously doubt that JenaLabs would own up to it, based on what has been said about their actions in this case so far.

The truth is we may never know the full truth, but I'd be very interested in hearing what the owner of these headphones has to say.

The pictures speak volumes.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #30 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The truth is we may never know the full truth, but I'd be very interested in hearing what the owner of these headphones has to say.

Well, whichever side you "decide" to take, what you said earlier speaks volumes.. I'm sure JL wouldn't be in business if this was common procedure with them... but hey, it's not my battle to fight, the only thing I said was it would be prudent to hear both sides before jumping to immediate conclusions like a bunch of wild monkeys..

I do believe we are all presume innocent until proven guilty, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back