JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #32 of 626
Reminds me of some high-end watches I've seen butchered by "experts"; this is not unique to headphones. A lot of hacks count on owners not being able to judge the quality of work or inspecting it afterwards.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #35 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe we are all presume innocent until proven guilty, no?

Yeah in first grade. Do you still believe OJ didn't do it?

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #36 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me of some high-end watches I've seen butchered by "experts"; this is not unique to headphones. A lot of hacks count on owners not being able to judge the quality of work or inspecting it afterwards.

Yeah no kidding. These repair experts are quick to point out flaws that need fixing but then when they botch it up, all of the sudden they turn deaf/blind and say that's the way it was or is supposed to be.

Like how the dealer put a scratch in the bezel of my brand new watch, and told me it was there to begin with.

Or the body shop who couldn't see the obvious a very mismatch in a repainted color.

The visual evidence here is very damning....unless the owner had it recabled before JL, I really can't see how JL would ever admit to a botch job like that.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #38 of 626
I think we should all be patient and wait for the owner of the headphones to tell his side of the story. It's not really prudent to steal his thunder for one, and it's just a guessing game until we know more facts anyway.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #39 of 626
Quote:

**As the World Turns.. sheesh
rolleyes.gif

I have been in contact with the owner(s) of JenaLabs, and I would advise everyone to at least hear BOTH sides of the story and not run to the assumption that JenaLabs is at total fault. I sympathize with the R10 owner if everything he said is completely accurate, but I also find it VERY hard to believe that a reputable company such as JenaLabs would conduct themselves in a less than professional mannner. JenaLabs deals with equipment worth a lot more than R10s, do you honestly think they would risk their name for a pair of headphones??

If what JenaLabs has told me is true it's truly SICKENING that someone would try to damage their reputation in such a manner!!

Why would you contact Jena Labs? You appear to have nothing to do with either party.
confused.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #40 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you contact Jena Labs? You appear to have nothing to do with either party.
confused.gif

Why not? I buy their products, besides that was my perogative, as opposed to jumpin to conclusions based on one side of the story.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #41 of 626
Quote:

Why not? I buy their products, besides that was my perogative, as opposed to jumpin to conclusions based on one side of the story.

So what's the other side.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #42 of 626
Quote:

Oh, so you've talked to the owner of the headphones and gotten his side too?

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #43 of 626
Quote:

The one I mainly see jumping to conclusions here is you, so eager to try and play devil's advocate and be that "cool one" that has to do the opposite of everyone else to stand out from the crowd. Your comments essentially imply that Alex, an individual that has earned his excellent reputation around here for being polite, knowledgeable, and providing an extremely high level of quality in his work, is lying about all of this.

What exactly does he stand to gain from doing that? Please explain.

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #44 of 626
Hey guys lets back off a bit. I own three of Alex re-cable jobs and I am very happy with the work and sound and I am considering sending a 4th headphone to get re-cabled.
biggrin.gif

However, people can have their opinion and should be able to express it without being pushed into a corner. All Morph201 said was that there are two sides to an story, which is true of any story. So please lets not put words into someones mouth nor attack if you do not agree.

Just my thoughts.

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #45 of 626
Quote:

Buying their products does not make this situation "your business". Furthermore, unless you have spoken with the owner of the headphones as well it appears YOU are the one jumping to conclusions based on one side of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back