JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #46 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one I mainly see jumping to conclusions here is you, so eager to try and play devil's advocate and be that "cool one" that has to do the opposite of everyone else to stand out from the crowd. Your comments essentially imply that Alex, an individual that has earned his excellent reputation around here for being polite, knowledgeable, and providing an extremely high level of quality in his work, is lying about all of this.

What exactly does he stand to gain from doing that? Please explain.

Well, Alex heard the story from the customer. It is possible that the customer is biased, so it'd be nice to hear JL's story.

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #47 of 626
Quote:

"....Your comments essentially imply that Alex, an individual that has earned his excellent reputation around here for being polite, knowledgeable, and providing an extremely high level of quality in his work, is lying about all of this.

What exactly does he stand to gain from doing that? Please explain...."

He will gain nothing, but you are going a little too far as well, as Alex has never said that he had contacted JL to find out what was the real truth, or their side of the story, at least he had not said so, so probably he has only the customer side of the story, (unless he had called JL) but now knowing that there is another side of the story...
confused.gif

BTW I do not care who is right or wrong, nor who in guilty or innocent, and I have nothing against one or the other, to me both are very nice dealers till now, but I was just trying to put things in perspective according to the facts we have seen here till now...

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #48 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you contact Jena Labs? You appear to have nothing to do with either party.
confused.gif

Because he wants to see the fireworks. Sit back and get some popcorn.

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #49 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, people can have their opinion and should be able to express it without being pushed into a corner. All Morph201 said was that there are two sides to an story, which is true of any story. So please lets not put words into someones mouth nor attack if you do not agree.

People are certainly entitled to their opinion, however when they present it with a complete lack of tact they should expect replies such as these.

I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to take him seriously after labeling everyone in the thread "a bunch of wild monkeys"?

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #50 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**As the World Turns.. sheesh
rolleyes.gif

I have been in contact with the owner(s) of JenaLabs, and I would advise everyone to at least hear BOTH sides of the story and not run to the assumption that JenaLabs is at total fault. I sympathize with the R10 owner if everything he said is completely accurate, but I also find it VERY hard to believe that a reputable company such as JenaLabs would conduct themselves in a less than professional mannner. JenaLabs deals with equipment worth a lot more than R10s, do you honestly think they would risk their name for a pair of headphones??

If what JenaLabs has told me is true it's truly SICKENING that someone would try to damage their reputation in such a manner!!

so what did jena labs say?

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #51 of 626
I haven't come to any conclusion yet, but it's pretty clear the phones were mangled by someone. Whether that was JenaLabs, the owner of the phones himself or some other party we're not aware of yet we just don't know for sure.

I do know Alex's character pretty well though, and I'm pretty sure that he believes the owner, or I doubt he'd post about it.

So at this juncture I'm leaning toward believing that JenaLabs is at fault. That doesn't make it true, and there may well be something I'm not aware of. But until JenaLabs supplies us with some solid information to make us doubt this, I'll continue to give credit to Alex's story.

We all have biases, and it's silly to pretend we can be completely unbiased after hearing a side to a story like this. Admitting that you jumped the gun after being proven wrong is also something I have no problem doing. So if indeed JenaLabs has a credible side to this story that proves my bias wrong I'm more than willing to apologize for my haste.

So...Let's here from you JenaLabs & R-10 owner.

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #52 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys lets back off a bit. I own three of Alex re-cable jobs and I am very happy with the work and sound and I am considering sending a 4th headphone to get re-cabled.
biggrin.gif

However, people can have their opinion and should be able to express it without being pushed into a corner. All Morph201 said was that there are two sides to an story, which is true of any story. So please lets not put words into someones mouth nor attack if you do not agree.

Just my thoughts.

Wow! Someone with intelligence....
wink.gif
Thanks!

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buying their products does not make this situation "your business". Furthermore, unless you have spoken with the owner of the headphones as well it appears YOU are the one jumping to conclusions based on one side of the story.

It is my business, that's all YOU need to know..
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #55 of 626
Quote:

It is my business, that's all YOU need to know..
wink.gif

Sorry, you don't get to play all CIA secret spy guy, and not give out info you may or may not have, and then tell us we're being hasty in our opinions. It doesn't work that way. Speaks to credibility my friend.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #56 of 626
Quote:

People are certainly entitled to their opinion, however when they present it with a complete lack of tact they should expect replies such as these.

I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to take him seriously after labeling everyone in the thread "a bunch of wild monkeys"?

It's not like the lack of tack was subtle. I completely agree.

Quote:

Wow! Someone with intelligence....
wink.gif
Thanks!

I also believe that there's two sides to the story.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #58 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, you don't get to play all CIA secret spy guy, and not give out info you may or may not have, and then tell us we're being hasty in our opinions. It doesn't work that way. Speaks to credibility my friend.

Ok, I have an email from Michael and Jennifer stating, in full, the events as they saw it. I would copy & paste it into this thread, but I feel I should not overstep Michael and Jennifer... I believe they will post their response soon enough. I'm not taking sides in this, just trying to remain objective and withhold any judgement until both sides have spoken. The attack on their credibility was launched, so they should be allowed to defend it, that's all.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #60 of 626
Quote:

Ok, I have an email from Michael and Jennifer stating, in full, the events as they saw it. I would copy & paste it into this thread, but I feel I should not overstep Michael and Jennifer... I believe they will post their response soon enough. I'm not taking sides in this, just trying to remain objective and withhold any judgement until both sides have spoken. The attack on their credibility was launched, so they should be allowed to defend it, that's all.

Fair enough, I too believe they should probably be the ones to tell their side, and I look forward to reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back