JDS Labs ATOM Amp
Jun 19, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #257 of 641
Thanks. I'm also looking at the Liquid Spark. I guess they are both great and very comparable and that one could flip a coin. But I am leaning towards the Spark because I have read that it is a smidge warmer (and maybe even a bit "tubey"), which I think I would prefer.

The Atom was better than my Polaris. I would get the Atom. It's exceptionally clean/clear.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #258 of 641
The Atom was better than my Polaris. I would get the Atom. It's exceptionally clean/clear.

Thanks. That must have been an older post of mine. I ended up getting the Spark.

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #259 of 641
Thanks. That must have been an older post of mine. I ended up getting the Spark.

This guy also commented on a post I made on my Twitter account about the Atom when the Atom was still just a prototype. He seems to have a hard time with reading dates but still feels the need to evangelize about the Atom anywhere he sees it mentioned.

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #260 of 641
Shout out to JDS for servicing my Atom in a quick and painless manner. For whatever reason I had a horrible channel imbalance in low gain that was a mechanical issue of some kind with the switch. They diagnosed with one email, gave me RMA and send it back in a week. I didn't have to fight anyone and didn't have to pay extra. It's now back and flawless. Thanks JDS Labs.
Honestly this issue was noted in many reviews and some YouTube reviews I watched also. A few reviewers had multiple units that had this issue.

I’d like to try the atom, but this issue seems to still pop up.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #261 of 641
I reckon the difference between the Liquid Spark and the Atom is such that if you look at the measurements, Atom wins hands down. But can you actually audibly hear a difference? I'd say 99% of cases you can't know which is better if you A/B test them blindly. But theoretically Atom should perform better.

If you consider that they both perform well, then you should take a look at the price... and it's the same.
Next, the looks and build. Well, many seem to prefer the metal of the Spark but I kind of don't like the non-rectangular shape of it.

What might tip the scales however is the customer service and communication, which JDS Labs has nailed down. I just had a discussion with their representative and I was left with all my concerns answered, educated and got to say quite impressed! Oh and somehow I'm craving for that Element and it's big knob now even though I literally just got the Atom two days ago :D

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #262 of 641
I reckon the difference between the Liquid Spark and the Atom is such that if you look at the measurements, Atom wins hands down. But can you actually audibly hear a difference? I'd say 99% of cases you can't know which is better if you A/B test them blindly. But theoretically Atom should perform better.

If you consider that they both perform well, then you should take a look at the price... and it's the same.
Next, the looks and build. Well, many seem to prefer the metal of the Spark but I kind of don't like the non-rectangular shape of it.

What might tip the scales however is the customer service and communication, which JDS Labs has nailed down. I just had a discussion with their representative and I was left with all my concerns answered, educated and got to say quite impressed! Oh and somehow I'm craving for that Element and it's big knob now even though I literally just got the Atom two days ago :D

You shoulda got the Spark - nice big knob lol :wink:

Edit: I now see that the Atom has a nice knob, so I had to find images of the element to understand you. Wow, now that's a knob!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #263 of 641
Received my Atom today...
sadly I paid more to the customs because I forget to included my tax ID. should be ~15 USD less.
eYF8NDg.jpg

9tFWJaz.jpg

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #265 of 641
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #266 of 641
ob5g4594.jpg

I just upgraded the knob, a nice real metal one for almost nothing from china.. now the Atom is perfect for me.
a>

Attachments

• sr1 (3).JPG
    sr1 (3).JPG
    41 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #267 of 641
This guy also commented on a post I made on my Twitter account about the Atom when the Atom was still just a prototype. He seems to have a hard time with reading dates but still feels the need to evangelize about the Atom anywhere he sees it mentioned.

I like good products. Sue me. Also, screw you.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #269 of 641
Honestly this issue was noted in many reviews and some YouTube reviews I watched also. A few reviewers had multiple units that had this issue.

I’d like to try the atom, but this issue seems to still pop up.

They really should offer a premium metal version for more with better build quality.

Jun 23, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #270 of 641

Users who are viewing this thread

Back