1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JDS Labs ATOM Amp

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by Mshenay, Nov 15, 2018.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. Mendel
    The problem seems to be gone for good. Maybe the relay just needed to be broken in or something.

2. The Atom was better than my Polaris. I would get the Atom. It's exceptionally clean/clear.

3. waynes world
    Thanks. That must have been an older post of mine. I ended up getting the Spark.

4. Hyp0xia
    This guy also commented on a post I made on my Twitter account about the Atom when the Atom was still just a prototype. He seems to have a hard time with reading dates but still feels the need to evangelize about the Atom anywhere he sees it mentioned.

5. TubeTone
    Honestly this issue was noted in many reviews and some YouTube reviews I watched also. A few reviewers had multiple units that had this issue.

I’d like to try the atom, but this issue seems to still pop up.

6. Mendel
    I reckon the difference between the Liquid Spark and the Atom is such that if you look at the measurements, Atom wins hands down. But can you actually audibly hear a difference? I'd say 99% of cases you can't know which is better if you A/B test them blindly. But theoretically Atom should perform better.

If you consider that they both perform well, then you should take a look at the price... and it's the same.
    Next, the looks and build. Well, many seem to prefer the metal of the Spark but I kind of don't like the non-rectangular shape of it.

What might tip the scales however is the customer service and communication, which JDS Labs has nailed down. I just had a discussion with their representative and I was left with all my concerns answered, educated and got to say quite impressed! Oh and somehow I'm craving for that Element and it's big knob now even though I literally just got the Atom two days ago :D

7. waynes world
    You shoulda got the Spark - nice big knob lol :wink:

Edit: I now see that the Atom has a nice knob, so I had to find images of the element to understand you. Wow, now that's a knob!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  8. riposte
    Received my Atom today...
    sadly I paid more to the customs because I forget to included my tax ID. should be ~15 USD less.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. djyang0530
    wow is it better than o2?

10. riposte
    I don't know, already forget the O2 sound.

11. jaco61
    [​IMG]
    I just upgraded the knob, a nice real metal one for almost nothing from china.. now the Atom is perfect for me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Deftone likes this.

12. I like good products. Sue me. Also, screw you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  13. Tried that and it kept coming off. I didn't have the urge to use glue.

14. They really should offer a premium metal version for more with better build quality.

15. jaco61
    There is an implemented screw in the knob to fix it.

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last