I've recently bought a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Golds...
Jun 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #16 of 27
I'm back, and here's what happened. I called Monster to double-check on what accessories should have been included, and as expected, they offered to send me my missing eartips, but they reassured the fact that my warranty was not valid. Their reason was that I had bought the IEMs used.

I e-mailed the seller, and he nicely replied saying I could return them for a full refund, even though that design piece which I mentioned earlier is missing. My suspicions are telling me that he sold me actual used IEMs, and he was just being very nice to avoid future problems/bad reviews, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If you're wondering, his Amazon account name is handgun7.

So here's what anybody who's reading this can learn from my experiences:
  1. Monster does not provide their full-life warranty for used products or products sold by non-authorized resellers.
  2. If you're buying expensive IEMs, it probably isn't worth it to be cheap and buy them used. Spend the extra money, and enjoy the extra satisfaction that comes with a brand new product.

Again, thanks everyone for your helpful and quick support and advice. I was having a frustrating time, and it was much appreciated to received help from random strangers online.

Anyway, I'm left with the curse of listening to my Zune earbuds after experiencing the bliss of $300 IEMs. Anybody have any useful advice for dealing with this problem?

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 27

Quote:

Anyway, I'm left with the curse of listening to my Zune earbuds after experiencing the bliss of $300 IEMs. Anybody have any useful advice for dealing with this problem?

Message Soundmatters12 and ask him whos the best seller of the Monster IEMs you want and buy them new from an Authorized Seller!!! 
wink_face.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #18 of 27
Now you have learnt, I did said somewhere at the last page that peace of mind=priceless. If you're spending a few hundred, and if spending another 50 bucks will get you the genuine thing with warranty, why not spend the extra money? Of course, it's always good if you can get them cheap, but the risk is also higher.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
Except for above I am very impressed by this IEMs, maybe this is not as fast as BA (I mainly listen to metal (from power via gothic, symphonic to melodic death), blues, rock, r'n'b and rege) but has definitely fine soundstage, space/air, very good details and deep bass.

Give them some burn in time, they were definitely fast enough for death metal when I heard them.  They were able to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6kZ99YSV1k

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #20 of 27

Quote:
Now you have learnt, I did said somewhere at the last page that peace of mind=priceless. If you're spending a few hundred, and if spending another 50 bucks will get you the genuine thing with warranty, why not spend the extra money? Of course, it's always good if you can get them cheap, but the risk is also higher.

It would've been a hundred bucks more... but I get the point
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #21 of 27
At $300 that's a ripoff for the Golds imo. Well I'm assuming you are going to get the refund so if  you still want the Golds I would use the onecall offer and they quoted me something like 175 or something like that when I asked a while ago.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #23 of 27
Monster Gold current price is around there, provided you know where to find the deal. $180, brand new. I thought you have done your research first before buying.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=101211#tab3

Quote $180 at my price tab, and see what they will reply you with. It's better for you to return your Gold (if you bought it for $300), and get it for a cheaper price.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #24 of 27
Gosh dude, I'm on the internet all the time, but I'm guess I'm not the best shopper. (I researched a lot on the IEMs, but apparently not so much on the prices) Thanks for the message--that was a godsend because $180 is definitely within my price range.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Hello,
I also recently bought Monster Turbine Pro Copper but from an authorized Monster reseller. What was my disappointment when I opened the box (I suppose that this one was made on Monday:wink:. This is short list:
- plug is crooked,
- cable clip is missing,
- missing standard silicone tips, size M (there are 1xS, 2xL(M?)),
- missing white hybrid tips,
- missing circular tip holder.
What I've got:
- IEMs (that is gooood:wink:,
- cases 2x,
- std silicon size 1xS, 2xL
- silicon w/ gel 1xS, 1xL(M?),
- triple flange 1xS, 1xL,
- 1x 1/4 adapter,
- manual.
So sh* happens even with "authorized Monster reseller" :frowning2:
Regards,

omg. u really got screwed with these man. maybe they were made on a weekend? lol.

guys, does onecall.com only deliver within US? do they support Asian countries at all? :frowning2: their prices are really a steal

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #27 of 27
Wow, I just bought the pro golds on amazon from the exact same guy!

I'm trying to see if it's the same pair as the one you described, but the logo on the right headphone still seems to be intact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back