I've recently bought a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Golds...
Jun 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

unblevable

New Head-Fier
I've just bought a pair of these IEMs from a seller on Amazon.com, but it seems that some of the accessories are missing, i.e. the SuperTips which were the eartips I was really looking forward to use. For anyone who has bought the MTPGs, can you provide me with a full list of the accessories provided in the box?, since I can't seem to find this info anywhere, even on Monster's website (or in the booklet in the box).

Could it just be possible that I've just ordered an older version of the MTPGs that doesn't include some of the accessories I was expecting? All I received were a bag of the basic silicon tips in 3 sizes, a bag of the triple flanges in 2 sizes, 2 carrying cases, and a the shirt clip.

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 27
PM soundmatters12, he should hook you up w/ a plethora of tips.

The original box did come w/ black gel supertips though, 1-2 pairs, don't recall exactly.  I think soundmatters12 can get you 11 pairs of black gel supertips and white hybrid supertips combined.

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 27

Quote:
I've just bought a pair of these IEMs from a seller on Amazon.com, but it seems that some of the accessories are missing, i.e. the SuperTips which were the eartips I was really looking forward to use. For anyone who has bought the MTPGs, can you provide me with a full list of the accessories provided in the box?, since I can't seem to find this info anywhere, even on Monster's website (or in the booklet in the box).

Could it just be possible that I've just ordered an older version of the MTPGs that doesn't include some of the accessories I was expecting? All I received were a bag of the basic silicon tips in 3 sizes, a bag of the triple flanges in 2 sizes, 2 carrying cases, and a the shirt clip.

My package included 5 different sizes of white hybrid foam tips, 6 different sizes of black supertips, basic silicon tips in 3 sizes, 2 sizes triple flange, 1 foam tip (looks like comply), 2 carrying cases, 1 shirt clip, 1 1/4 adapter, 1 circular tip holder, 1 monster clean cloth, warranty papers and manuals.

You probably got the old version. How much did you get it for?

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 27

Quote:

Return the iems, you want to buy from an authorized Monster Seller. Amazon is, but sellers who are not Amazon but sellers on Amazon marketplace AREN'T. No Monster warranty.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 27

Wow you guys are great. I just took a shower, got out and now I see three replies!

Quote:
My package included 5 different sizes of white hybrid foam tips, 6 different sizes of black supertips, basic silicon tips in 3 sizes, 2 sizes triple flange, 1 foam tip (looks like comply), 2 carrying cases, 1 shirt clip, 1 1/4 adapter, 1 circular tip holder, 1 monster clean cloth, warranty papers and manuals.

You probably got the old version. How much did you get it for?

Unfortunately, I took a risk on an open, but never used, box from a guy on Amazon who was selling it for $159 plus $5 shipping (which I thought was a pretty good deal). I emailed the guy about my problem, and he kindly but wrongly said that only the Coppers included the additional accessories I mentioned.

Also, one of the black/white headphone design things on the back of my right earphone fell off apparently from weak gluing. Is this a common problem for these IEMs, or did I just get very unlucky because I've heard a lot of good things about the Turbines' build quality.

So, the guy did say he'd provide an extra warranty on top of the warranty that Monster gives. Should I even bother the guy about these missing accessories/the small problem, or should I just contact the Monster rep (whose username is soundmatters12?) like you advised?

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 27
You have missing black geltips and pieces falling off your IEM's??  Honestly I would have the guy warranty them to Monster for a new box if pieces are coming off and have him ship you the new warrantied ones if he really is legit about offering his own warranty.  This transaction is beginning to scare me.  If he tries to screw you PM me, I have some thoughts on how you might be able to salvage your situation.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 27

Quote:
You have missing black geltips and pieces falling off your IEM's??  Honestly I would have the guy warranty them to Monster for a new box if pieces are coming off and have him ship you the new warrantied ones if he really is legit about offering his own warranty.  This transaction is beginning to scare me.  If he tries to screw you PM me, I have some thoughts on how you might be able to salvage your situation.

x2

Jun 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #10 of 27
Okay, so I'm going to e-mail this guy back and I'll keep things updated. Just to be sure, is Monster's warranty only valid when you buy from them or one of their authorized resellers?

Btw, this is a good lesson for me to be very careful when buying expensive IEMs, or expensive anythings for that matter.

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 27
Hello,
I also recently bought Monster Turbine Pro Copper but from an authorized Monster reseller. What was my disappointment when I opened the box (I suppose that this one was made on Monday:wink:. This is short list:
- plug is crooked,
- cable clip is missing,
- missing standard silicone tips, size M (there are 1xS, 2xL(M?)),
- missing white hybrid tips,
- missing circular tip holder.
What I've got:
- IEMs (that is gooood:wink:,
- cases 2x,
- std silicon size 1xS, 2xL
- silicon w/ gel 1xS, 1xL(M?),
- triple flange 1xS, 1xL,
- 1x 1/4 adapter,
- manual.
So sh* happens even with "authorized Monster reseller" :frowning2:
Regards,

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 27

Quote:
Okay, so I'm going to e-mail this guy back and I'll keep things updated. Just to be sure, is Monster's warranty only valid when you buy from them or one of their authorized resellers?

Btw, this is a good lesson for me to be very careful when buying expensive IEMs, or expensive anythings for that matter.

yes to both.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 27

Quote:
Hello,
I also recently bought Monster Turbine Pro Copper but from an authorized Monster reseller. What was my disappointment when I opened the box (I suppose that this one was made on Monday:wink:. This is short list:
- plug is crooked,
- cable clip is missing,
- missing standard silicone tips, size M (there are 1xS, 2xL(M?)),
- missing white hybrid tips,
- missing circular tip holder.
What I've got:
- IEMs (that is gooood:wink:,
- cases 2x,
- std silicon size 1xS, 2xL
- silicon w/ gel 1xS, 1xL(M?),
- triple flange 1xS, 1xL,
- 1x 1/4 adapter,
- manual.
So sh* happens even with "authorized Monster reseller" :frowning2:
Regards,

Plug is crooked??  you know its 'L' shaped I presume.  But yes, you can have manufacturer defects, thats what the warranty is for. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 27
@dar00:

My coppers from onecall came with exactly yours except i got the cable clip, I think I might have gotten more normal silicon tips though. According to soundmatters12, this is what the first batch came with.

PM soundmatters12 and he'll help you out.

Barring that, you could always call up the warranty line at monster and complain about some issue with the sound. After you send yours back, they'll send you a new box.

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 27
Yes, plug has got "funny angle" :) A little more than 270o or - if you want - a little less than 90o. Look at the picture (sorry it's from HTC's HD2 camera), as you can see there is a little space at right while left is ok (edges adhere to each other).

Besides, I thing that there could be some issue with the sound. It's strange: when I turn fully on mach3bass at my Cowon (D2 @ D2+, 3.11fw) there is sometimes a little harsh with a deep bass bump (no matter if it is mp3 v0, ogg q8..q10 or FLAC). There is no such thing with my old UE SFi5.PRO.

Anyway I PM Soundmatters12 and will see.

Except for above I am very impressed by this IEMs, maybe this is not as fast as BA (I mainly listen to metal (from power via gothic, symphonic to melodic death), blues, rock, r'n'b and rege) but has definitely fine soundstage, space/air, very good details and deep bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back