ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #2,701 of 5,044
So, the express mail is worthless? Kinda need to know if they get to EU fast or not, and if they are using dhl... Already mailed penon but no response so far
I also live in Europe, in Spain. I have ordered an EST50 iem and it comes via HK post. It is very very slow. It has not reached me yet and the tracking number is not updated.
DHL is faster; But it has the problem that Customs always stops it and they make you pay taxes, since they are themselves, DHL, who controls customs.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #2,703 of 5,044
I also live in Europe, in Spain. I have ordered an EST50 iem and it comes via HK post. It is very very slow. It has not reached me yet and the tracking number is not updated.
DHL is faster; But it has the problem that Customs always stops it and they make you pay taxes, since they are themselves, DHL, who controls customs.

Thanks. I live in Portugal which is close. Do you not pay taxes if it comes trough the slower method?

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #2,705 of 5,044
I also live in Spain and I'd like to know the answer to this question please?
Thanks
This is not always the case, at least in Spain. Before, customs practically did not review shipments that arrived with slow shipping; but now yes. Now they pretty much check everything and stop everything, and make you pay for almost everything. Lately I have received little things from aliexpress, such as cables and others, and if the value is higher than € 22, in half the cases they have made me pay customs fees.
In addition, with the new law that has come into force since July 1, when buying on websites outside of Europe, you already have to pay VAT when making the purchase.

No siempre es así, al menos en España. Antes, aduanas practicamente no revisaba los envíos que llegaban con envío lento; pero ahora sí. Ahora practicamente lo revisan todo y lo paran todo, y te hacen pagar por casi todo. Ultimamente me han llegado pequeñas cosas de aliexpress, como cables y demás, y si el valor es superior a 22€, en la mitad de casos me han hecho pagar las tasas de aduanas.
Además, con la nueva ley que ha entrado en vigor desde el día 1 de julio, al comprar en webs de fuera de Europa, ya tienes que pagar el iva al realizar la compra. (para el Español) :relaxed:

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #2,706 of 5,044
This is not always the case, at least in Spain. Before, customs practically did not review shipments that arrived with slow shipping; but now yes. Now they pretty much check everything and stop everything, and make you pay for almost everything. Lately I have received little things from aliexpress, such as cables and others, and if the value is higher than € 22, in half the cases they have made me pay customs fees.
In addition, with the new law that has come into force since July 1, when buying on websites outside of Europe, you already have to pay VAT when making the purchase.

Yeah, that's why I'm gonna start using DHL. I'll be paying taxes anyway so...

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #2,708 of 5,044
I'd love a tribrid $500-$700 comparison. Maybe a shootout between the EST50, the EJ07m, and the Mangird Xenns up.
Don't forget the Variations

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #2,710 of 5,044
Just finally got H40’s and I’m blown away by how good they sound! This is like my perfect sound, wow! Thanks guys for your thoughts on all these! :thumbsup: :drum: :sunglasses:

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,713 of 5,044
I have an EST50 that has cleared US Customs (on the 10th ... what gives?). I go on record now that I'll be very surprised (pleasantly) if I enjoy them nearly as much as my H40. I've got IEMs that cost more than 10x the H40 that I don't enjoy as much.

That's a fine selection of inventory you have there, sir.

(Also eagerly awaiting impressions.)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,714 of 5,044
The graph that was posted here for EST50 doesn't look like most other graphs here or on other forums. Does anyone have a different graph for it? It would be good to be able to compare it to the graphs at squig.link.
It hasn't been reviewed widely yet, but I'd like to know if the graph resembles the H40 in most ways or if there are significant differences. To me, the treble looks to be quite rolled off and not extended. People claimed that the IKKO OH1 had extended treble with great resolution but instead I feel it's their biggest weakness. The LZ A6 is too bright for me, but I wouldn't want to buy something this expensive if it doesn't have clear and present treble all the way.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,715 of 5,044
Holy Crap, my EST50 finally passed customs clearance 11 days after leaving Hong Kong. Let's see how much longer it takes for delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back