ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 9, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #2,671 of 5,044
Still waiting for my ISN EST50. Penon used Hong Kong Post instead of DHL and it appears stuck on "International transit to destination country" for 6 days now. Must be on a boat instead of an airliner. It's strange that I had to pay $1 more for express shipping without the benefits of "express".
i hope u could get in touch w/ penon 'bout this.
from last year @ covid's peak, they were shipping in the shortest possible amount of time, even if fedex then was doing a banged up job from their side...

1625855118342.png

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #2,672 of 5,044
i hope u could get in touch w/ penon 'bout this.
from last year @ covid's peak, they were shipping in the shortest possible amount of time, even if fedex then was doing a banged up job from their side...

1625855118342.png
I selected and paid the extra $1 for the order but it doesn't appear as though they paid attention at shipping.

Jul 10, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #2,673 of 5,044
I selected and paid the extra $1 for the order but it doesn't appear as though they paid attention at shipping.
oh. human error. yet still pls keep in touch w/ them and have that sorted out...

Jul 10, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #2,674 of 5,044
Overall I would put them
Tansio Mirai Spark
IER Z1R
Penon Volts
CA Solaris
TSMR- LAND
UM- MEST
EST50
CA Andomeda S
Then the too many to list of others I own after that.
In which way Volt outperforms the Land?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #2,675 of 5,044
It is a preference thing. Volts with the Totem is one of a kind type of sound. Especially for vocal lovers. It is astounding. It is to this day the most organic sounding for any of my earphones. LAND is great sounding with the Totems as well but it is not exactly Volts and Totem.

LAND is no weak sauce in that category and folks that like more treble presence will prefer the LAND over the Volts so again it comes down to what you like in a sound. The phones I listed are all great in what they do. It is good to have a choice and I have way too many on top of that list but that is how I would rank what I have. I forgot to list my IT07 which I would definitely put above the MEST. Love those things too.

Haven't been listening to my Luna much lately but those things are amazing for what they do as well. Too many earphones not enough ears to listen to them all.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,677 of 5,044
Overall I would put them
Tansio Mirai Spark
IER Z1R
Penon Volts
CA Solaris
TSMR- LAND
UM- MEST
EST50
CA Andomeda S
Then the too many to list of others I own after that.
very curious, thanks for the info!

could you clarify if you have any moondrop iems on your preference list?

especially would like to know about the comparison est50 vs. variations if you can.

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #2,679 of 5,044
@Dsnuts by MEST you mean the Mk2 revision?

@sutosuto I'm too looking forward to that LZ A7 vs EST50 comparison. As a previous owner of the A7 I know how it sounds in most of its configs (interested more in the red/pop config though 😝).
I own the first one. Never bought into the very slight tweaks in sound balancing was gonna be enough for me to pay up to buy another one.
Same with my Solaris.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,681 of 5,044
My EST50 burn in passes 10 hours already. I love the bass.

I have been looking and asking around to upgrade my LZ A6 (modded blacked nozzle)/A7 (black/gold monitor). I wanted similar sound profile but with bass elevated without sacrifying the quality. I guess my preference is balance with bass boosted.
So far, EST50 fits my preference, it ticks my checklist; good bass with enough quality, vocal clear, clean and not distance, high frequency is detail but not harsh. And one of my most important requirement is big soundstage.
I recall I had problem with A6 treble without modding the nozzle.

@zepmaj D10 is not comparable to EST50. I guess it is 2 or 3 level below. I was under impression D10 is a good basshead but after hearing EST50, the bass sounds bloated.
The D10 is too V profile for me, the vocal sounds too far especially after I listen to EST50.

@felix3650 and @zepmaj with my limited knowledge and experience on audio although I above 45 yo EST50 is much better than LZA7 in all aspect.

EST50 sounds much more natural than LZ A7. Funny, I thought LZ A7 sounds natural until I own EST50.
EST50 has a better bass quality as well as quantity (not too much but just nice). I enjoy EST50 bass very much, punchy.

The vocal on EST50 is very clear and clean. I believe there should be better IEMs out there but this is my most expensive iem at the moment. To me, its vocal is the best part I like the most. I am not saying A7 vocal is bad, it is just not as good as EST50.

The treble is smooth which I want from the upgrade but still detail. Again to me, it is more detail than A7. I hear more sounds which I do not recognize LOL

Technicality; soundstage I think they are comparable but EST50 is slightly wider. It is about same as A6. Imaging, EST50 also smokes the A7. Now, I feel the A7 sounds kind of congested.

Hope above comparison helps.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #2,682 of 5,044
oh. human error. yet still pls keep in touch w/ them and have that sorted out...
So, here is the response from Penon regarding my shipping issue.

"
Hi dear friend,

I'm very sorry, due to the new EU vat policy, Hongkong Post has launched a new transportation and logistics method, where it is stated that it will be 5-10 days to the United States. Of course, there are still parcels sent to EU countries on the same day, so we tried to use new express shipping methods, and we paid the cost of express delivery. If you mind the shipping charge of USD1, we can refund USD1 to you.

You can check the service here : https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/sending_mail/international/courier/vantage/index.html

Any questions,pls feel free to contact us .

Best regards"

Translation: We decided it was cheaper to use HK Post.

Not sure what a delivery to the US has to do with VAT in Europe.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #2,683 of 5,044
So, here is the response from Penon regarding my shipping issue.

"
Hi dear friend,

I'm very sorry, due to the new EU vat policy, Hongkong Post has launched a new transportation and logistics method, where it is stated that it will be 5-10 days to the United States. Of course, there are still parcels sent to EU countries on the same day, so we tried to use new express shipping methods, and we paid the cost of express delivery. If you mind the shipping charge of USD1, we can refund USD1 to you.

You can check the service here : https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/sending_mail/international/courier/vantage/index.html

Any questions,pls feel free to contact us .

Best regards"

Translation: We decided it was cheaper to use HK Post.

Not sure what a delivery to the US has to do with VAT in Europe.
Haha I knew it. The good old $1 refund offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back