ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 9, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,657 of 5,044
Contact Penon, I'm sure they will make an effort to make it right, they have great customer service.
I just sent them a message so I'll see what they say.

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #2,658 of 5,044
They can't make it right. His item is stuck in Hong Kong shipping hell. What are they gonna do refund him his dollar lol. Making it right would have been sending it through an Express service since he bought a $500 item
Obviously they can't do anything about the shipping situation itself but I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him a concession on the order or future discount or something.

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #2,659 of 5,044
Jul 9, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #2,660 of 5,044
Yea Penon is slipping a little bit. Almost to the point of Linsoul levels. I've purchased close to 20 items from them and I've never had to wait more than a week to NYC. This Sunday also sent Hong Kong post and it's expected in 30 days. Express shipping through DHL or FedEx should be standard for any items over a hundred bucks
They just released a slew of IEMs and they’re probably swamped. Everyone makes mistakes every once in a while. Give them the chance to make it right.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #2,662 of 5,044
Looking forward to your impressions. I've always received them very quickly from them but not this time.
I am not good at describing it actually 😅

OOTB with the blue double flange ear tips, it sounds so bad like cans which shocked me. I have prepared my ears listening at ISN D10 in the last few days expecting to hear huge different from the Sonion EST.

Relieved enough after changing the tips to the green one, no WOW though but much much better than the double flange tips.
While typing this, I swapped back to ISN D10, ohh man, now the ISN D10 sounds so boomy, vocal very distance and much lack of clarity.
My apalogy I should not compare EST50 to D10, it is just me wanted to experience the difference as this is the first time I listen to Sonion EST.
I am happy with what I am listening right now using EST50. Guess I will just burn it in and listen to LZ A6 or LZ A7 (both are my favorite) then see the difference.

Hope you will get yours soon.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #2,663 of 5,044

OOTB with the blue double flange ear tips, it sounds so bad like cans which shocked me. I have prepared my ears listening at ISN D10 in the last few days expecting to hear huge different from the Sonion EST.

Relieved enough after changing the tips to the green one, no WOW though but much much better than the double flange tips.
While typing this, I swapped back to ISN D10, ohh man, now the ISN D10 sounds so boomy, vocal very distance and much lack of clarity.
My apalogy I should not compare EST50 to D10, it is just me wanted to experience the difference as this is the first time I listen to Sonion EST.
I am happy with what I am listening right now using EST50. Guess I will just burn it in and listen to LZ A6 or LZ A7 (both are my favorite) then see the difference.

I will keep you updated. You're not the first person that has mentioned that there is no wow Factor and sounds mediocre out of the box.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #2,666 of 5,044
Not lacking but more not focussed. Flabby one note. Its not what you want to hear from a flagship product out of the box.

Bass end sounds nothing like how I heard them out of the box fortunately.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,667 of 5,044
Not lacking but more not focussed. Flabby one note. Its not what you want to hear from a flagship product out of the box.

Bass end sounds nothing like how I heard them out of the box fortunately.
Good to know they clean up over time. After even more time with them I'm interested to know where you rank them in your personal collection

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,669 of 5,044
Overall I would put them
Tansio Mirai Spark
IER Z1R
Penon Volts
CA Solaris
TSMR- LAND
UM- MEST
EST50
CA Andomeda S
Then the too many to list of others I own after that.
You mean the Mofasest Trio has dropped so far down in rankings?

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2,670 of 5,044

Actually i really like to hear some comparisons between EST50, D10 and LZ A7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back