ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 11, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #2,687 of 5,046
OOTB - Bass bloat, weird soundstage. Need burn-in. Did mine ~30 hours. Problem solved
Yeh EST50's good cept for the price. :beyersmile:
Piezo can't compete with EST.
Stock green tips make bass bloat

Same experience with the H40 - ridiculously bloated OOTB, but also settled down very quickly.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #2,689 of 5,046
I selected and paid the extra $1 for the order but it doesn't appear as though they paid attention at shipping.
I did a little more digging and it seems Penon used a new Intl parcel option called "Vantage". I looked at the Hong Kong Post web site to see what the expected time frame is for that class of delivery service and it seems as though it is not offered for delivery to the United States. Since the item has been stuck for 8 days now I'm now going to predict the item gets returned to Penon at some point. Question is, what is a reasonable time to wait before I insist an alternate solution is offered? The web site suggests it should take 10-16 working days which is really 3 weeks plus a day as I don't think they count weekends as working days. I guess it's only been technically half that so far so I guess I'll have to be patient. I replied to Penon and suggested they reconsider this service as a substitute for the normal DHL option.

OK, I'm done with my rant...

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #2,690 of 5,046
I did a little more digging and it seems Penon used a new Intl parcel option called "Vantage". I looked at the Hong Kong Post web site to see what the expected time frame is for that class of delivery service and it seems as though it is not offered for delivery to the United States. Since the item has been stuck for 8 days now I'm now going to predict the item gets returned to Penon at some point. Question is, what is a reasonable time to wait before I insist an alternate solution is offered? The web site suggests it should take 10-16 working days which is really 3 weeks plus a day as I don't think they count weekends as working days. I guess it's only been technically half that so far so I guess I'll have to be patient. I replied to Penon and suggested they reconsider this service as a substitute for the normal DHL option.

OK, I'm done with my rant...
I'm sorry to hear about this situation, it is indeed a disappointment. However I can offer my own experience with Hong Kong Post which is that the tracking never updated after it departed from their logistics center and randomly showed up at the office one day. So you may still get it fairly soon. Apologies if this turns out to be false hope...

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #2,692 of 5,046
I'm sorry to hear about this situation, it is indeed a disappointment. However I can offer my own experience with Hong Kong Post which is that the tracking never updated after it departed from their logistics center and randomly showed up at the office one day. So you may still get it fairly soon. Apologies if this turns out to be false hope...
No, I appreciate the feedback. I hope for the best but expect the worst.

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #2,694 of 5,046
So, the express mail is worthless? Kinda need to know if they get to EU fast or not, and if they are using dhl... Already mailed penon but no response so far

My previous orders have arrived within a week to UK via DHL and DPD.

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #2,698 of 5,046
I do have the tracking number inserted into my USPS app in the event it does show up but so far nada.. DHL is definitely better.

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #2,699 of 5,046
I do have the tracking number inserted into my USPS app in the event it does show up but so far nada.. DHL is definitely better.
DHL is significantly better. I get it within the week when they ship that way. I did however show up on the USPS site when I input the tracking number from Hong Kong post. Was expected in 30 days but USPS said it will be here in 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back