ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Mar 21, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #826 of 5,054
I just got the h40 yesterday. (1 night burn in)
I had blon, shuoer tape,mh755 and for a week : FiiO fh7, CA andromeda s, CA Vega).
My first impressions:
The stage is like a concert hall in some songs.
Sound is very clean, I actually missing some hiss in the midrange, the sound is ”sterile” .
The house is very big, bigger what I excepted, but the fit is 10/10 for me, the best I’ve ever tried.
The only thing what I missing currently is the mid noise. But I think that’s just a rote.
I hear the driver flex also, but it’s not that bad.
Currently using it with kz starline foam tips.
Source: ATM dragonfly cobalt tidal mqa
Will try it with E1da 9038s balanced

I’m enjoying it a lot. Will update it later :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #829 of 5,054
The D10 is already available at Penon, 175$.
The question now is: H40 or D10?. Prices are similar.
If you want an exciting and clean sound, D10. If you want a smooth and bodied sound, H40. They complement one another very well.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #831 of 5,054
ISN are really shaking up this industry for sure!

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #832 of 5,054
ISN are really shaking up this industry for sure!

Making very good earphones, yes. Shaking up the industry, not quite. If the D10 was $99 then you would be talking shaking things up some.

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #833 of 5,054
H

Does the D10 have similarities with the Ikko OH10 then? I already have the OH10 and the Tri i3.

from the graph, I guess they are similar to them, especially i3 or Kanas Pro/KXXS/Starfield, the moondrops have very similar FR

Mar 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #835 of 5,054
Well I own the Blessing 2 and I can honestly say the D10 is playing at that level sonically.

I agree with audio123. H40 is a bit more bold sounding forward in presentation. Utilizes BAs in the design very well for that dimensional sound and has a bit more in the way of mid range forwardness. Treble sparkle and mid bass punch.

What is crazy about dynamics now a days. I started out this hobby with just dynamic designs. Back then BAs were considered somewhat exotic. If you had 3 BAs in a housing. That cost you $500 plus. Even single BA earphones cost more than your average well regarded dynamic earphone.

Dynamic designs has made new strides. If you guys have ever heard a JVC designed wood dome. They stuck to their guns and never really got into BA designs but minus JVC everyone else in the industry has done hybrids and or BA designs. There is something to be said about a well implemented single dynamic that covers the entire spectrum.

Dynamics with new materials has made a huge comeback. And my Luna is evidence of this. Honestly for the price of these 2 in ears be it the H40 or the D10. Both are very nice examples of the strenths of the design if that make sense.

Coherency, timbre, clarity, stage. D10. Considering the JVC FXD1 cost $250.. I would honestly take the D10 over those every time. The FXD1 I had to use all sorts of cables and tips to get the sound right for me. Those are a love hate type earphone. If you read that thread you will know what I am talking about. Not so much the D10. They are engaging out of the box with no burn in. It has a wow factor due to how complete and technical the sound is right away not to mention that airy large stage. These kill the FXD1 in stage by the way among other aspects.

H40 strengths are more of a 3D type sound as the design utilizes the BAs and has the dynamic doing bass duties. I think the H40 might be the more versatile sound but the D10 for modern, rock, bass genres will be amazing for you.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #836 of 5,054
@Dsnuts , how about D10 vs. the NA1?

Mar 21, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #838 of 5,054
NA1 is more reference tuned. It is tuned to be more revealing more neutral in tuning, If you ever heard the HD800 or any of the higher end Beyer or AKG cans that is the type of the tuning that is on the NA1.

It depends on matter of if that is what your looking for. The D10 is more of a crowd pleaser and I have a feeling it will be more popular. Both have excellent bass performance but the D10 treble is more safe vs the NA1 which has some of the best treble extension that some might not like so much. However if your a treble guy the NA1.

Mar 21, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #839 of 5,054
Does the ds10 have more subbass presence than the h40? More clarity?

First there is zero mud or veil on both. The mid range being dimensional on the H40 has a slight warmth to it, which with nicer cables the tonality changes. You can get it to be as clear as you want. The D10 has slightly better clarity for mid bands but don't sound as dimensional. Again it comes down to the designs. For sub bass wow that is a toss up. I do like how the sub bass of the D10 just integrates with the sonics on that D10 again that coherency of using a single driver design.

You really can't go wrong with either. But I think bass guys will like the D10 a bit more. That sub bass rumble is no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back