ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Mar 21, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #856 of 5,046
Don't think so. That's my only complaint with these (treble). Vocals seem ok to me. Maybe slightly, slightly recessed at times. They are good but i'll probably wind-up selling them down the road. Maybe, i'll be the first for sale :)
Change to different tips! Whack the Azla Sedna tips on and there is a definite increase in treble.

Mar 21, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #857 of 5,046
Change to different tips! Whack the Azla Sedna tips on and there is a definite increase in treble.
Gunna try to roll em. Don't have any of the azla tips but I'll give them a shot. Thank you! I really want the mids/vocals/treble to come forward to be more balanced with the bass. Bass is running the show to my ears. And I'm mostly a basshead!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #858 of 5,046
@Dsnuts which one has the tightest and fastest bass between the dunu dk2001, isn h40 and isn d10?

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #859 of 5,046
DK2001 But I haven't really tested out bass yet on the D10. It seems to have a fairly tight bass end from what I initially heard. DK2001 having a coating of beryllium really seems to give it an edge. I don't perceive any of the others you mentioned having a slow sloppy bass per se but the DK2001 does have a large 13mm beryllium coated dynamic that is more specialized for bass.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #860 of 5,046
Trying out some speed metal on the D10. Testament. Bass is indeed tight on the D10 and speedy. If I was a guessing man I can swear the bass characteristics is like a carbon based dynamic. Carbon nanotube or graphene. These don't sound like a garden variety dynamic driver to me. But I could be wrong.

Sounds great on the DX160 by the way.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #861 of 5,046
Trying out some speed metal on the D10. Testament. Bass is indeed tight on the D10 and speedy. If I was a guessing man I can swear the bass characteristics is like a carbon based dynamic. Carbon nanotube or graphene. These don't sound like a garden variety dynamic driver to me. But I could be wrong.

Sounds great on the DX160 by the way.
Is the bass speed and clarity better on the D10? How about overall balance?

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #862 of 5,046
Balance is good. It isn't mid forward but I don't feel is recessed at all. Mid forward guys might look for something like a moondrop blessing2 or something like a TSMR-3 pro but overall balancing is very good on them. The sense of stage is excellent on these. Sounds more expansive than when I heard it last night.

One aspect I like about the D10 over the DK2001 is that stage. The one knock on the DK2001 is the stage is a bit intimate on them. Very average stage wise for iems but ISN iems both models have excellent spacious quality to the sonics both having some of the wider stages for in ears.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #863 of 5,046
Balance is good. It isn't mid forward but I don't feel is recessed at all. Mid forward guys might look for something like a moondrop blessing2 or something like a TSMR-3 pro but overall balancing is very good on them. The sense of stage is excellent on these. Sounds more expansive than when I heard it last night.

One aspect I like about the D10 over the DK2001 is that stage. The one knock on the DK2001 is the stage is a bit intimate on them. Very average stage wise for iems but ISN iems both models have excellent spacious quality to the sonics both having some of the wider stages for in ears.
Definitely agree on the staging. Best expansion I've heard on the price range. May be competition for the ie80.

Do you have a recommendation on a cable to bring the mids/vocals forward and tame the bass a bit on the H40? Maybe coming from the it03 I'm accustomed to very little mid bass but it's hard to get past what I hear as huge bloom into the mids.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #864 of 5,046
If you just got it. I would burn them in. The bass end of my pair don't have the same punch I heard on open listen. It is much more in line with the rest of the sound. With the bass tightening after some burn in the mids and treble will balance out a bit more.

As per cables. Once I get some time I will post some cables with different effects on the H40. I have to do a TSMR-4 pro review I have to post first but will be working on some cables for the H40 and will post it here since it is applicable to guys that have the H40.

If you guys have been following this thread since it was created. I have tried more cables on the H40 than any other IEM I own because each cable brings slight changes and additions to the sonics. H40 has become my test bed for new cables. H40 is an awesome tester for cables by the way.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #865 of 5,046
If you just got it. I would burn them in. The bass end of my pair don't have the same punch I heard on open listen. It is much more in line with the rest of the sound. With the bass tightening after some burn in the mids and treble will balance out a bit more.

As per cables. Once I get some time I will post some cables with different effects on the H40. I have to do a TSMR-4 pro review I have to post first but will be working on some cables for the H40 and will post it here since it is applicable to guys that have the H40.
Super helpful. I'll burn them in overnight. Thank you!!

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #866 of 5,046
I highly recommend just letting music play at moderate volumes. Do not burn in BAs with high volumes. This can damage your BAs. Moderate as if your listening to music. Should be good enough. The bass dynamic comes a bit brawny on open listen and is a bit loose sounding too.

All that changes with some work in on the dynamic portion of the H40. I actually recommend a good weeks worth actually. Give it a listen tomorrow but real burn in takes a bit of time.

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #867 of 5,046
Just got em in. H40 is a very cool iem. Bass is out of this world. I'm hearing a strong L shape out of the box. Details not that sharp, but good enough. The stage is a definite upgrade from the it03. Treble is quite subdued and so are vocals. Everything else is top notch for the price. Does clarity improve with burn in? Or perhaps there is a cheap cable upgrade that bring the sparkle up and midass down?
Gunna try to roll em. Don't have any of the azla tips but I'll give them a shot. Thank you! I really want the mids/vocals/treble to come forward to be more balanced with the bass. Bass is running the show to my ears. And I'm mostly a basshead!
Definitely agree on the staging. Best expansion I've heard on the price range. May be competition for the ie80.

Do you have a recommendation on a cable to bring the mids/vocals forward and tame the bass a bit on the H40? Maybe coming from the it03 I'm accustomed to very little mid bass but it's hard to get past what I hear as huge bloom into the mids.

if you read my impressions out of the box and after, that exactly what i was hearing. Burn in does help to tighten the dynamic driver, bass is tighter, The bass was overwhelming for me, but after 100 hours + (mine currently roughly 150 hours+) and with wide bore eartips (azla sedna, spiral dots) the mid bass is lowered down, while open up mids a little bit. That way you can crank up a little bit more and mids - highs will be more increased (fletcher munson curve effect). Other tips that i recommend is Spinfit CP145, this bring up air and highs with a bit reducing sub bass - mid bass portion.

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #869 of 5,046
Awesome. I'm a sucker for this spacious soundstage so I'll take both of your recommendations. Also, the fit/build is downright perfection. Never had such a good fit.

consider that a great gift. If H40 can fit on my ears perfectly, Ill be happier and maybe stick with them for a very long time. It's not bad, i still can use them nicely, only not so comfort after long sessions because a bit hot on protrude part.

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #870 of 5,046
First there is zero mud or veil on both. The mid range being dimensional on the H40 has a slight warmth to it, which with nicer cables the tonality changes. You can get it to be as clear as you want. The D10 has slightly better clarity for mid bands but don't sound as dimensional. Again it comes down to the designs. For sub bass wow that is a toss up. I do like how the sub bass of the D10 just integrates with the sonics on that D10 again that coherency of using a single driver design.

You really can't go wrong with either. But I think bass guys will like the D10 a bit more. That sub bass rumble is no joke.
Yeap, this pretty much sums up the difference. Can't go wrong with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back