ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Mar 18, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #812 of 5,078
Have you found the Azla tips to be a little loose on the H40?

They fit snugly on the H40. Do not cling to my ears when I remove the H40

Mar 19, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #814 of 5,078
Have you found the Azla tips to be a little loose on the H40?

Yes the nozzle diameter width on H40 isnt too wide, so not all wide bores eartips can fit nicely on them. The Azla will fit OK, even though they are a bit wobbly, but they wont stuck left in my ear when I pull out the H40. With spiral dot / dot++ also same case, a bit wobbly but OK as they dont make gap between eartips bore and IEM nozzle, still usable, not perfect but pretty much usable.

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #815 of 5,078
I get on the ISN H40 cart, a week after receiving it.
I'm writing the review during this week of home confinement and teleworking.
After all this time, I've only used the H40s, looking for what makes them so special... I must say, I wasn't surprised at first. The bass is big, defined, deep and controlled, just the way I like it. I can't conceive of IEMS without bass and H40 gives me what I need. Great! I was just hoping for a little more enlightenment. But ISN has redirected its efforts to create a very analog and realistic sound, without falling into artifices or magic tricks.
It's going to be very difficult to get these IEMS out of my ears...
What do you think of my graph? Does it match what you hear?

ISN H40.png

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #816 of 5,078
I get on the ISN H40 cart, a week after receiving it.
I'm writing the review during this week of home confinement and teleworking.
After all this time, I've only used the H40s, looking for what makes them so special... I must say, I wasn't surprised at first. The bass is big, defined, deep and controlled, just the way I like it. I can't conceive of IEMS without bass and H40 gives me what I need. Great! I was just hoping for a little more enlightenment. But ISN has redirected its efforts to create a very analog and realistic sound, without falling into artifices or magic tricks.
It's going to be very difficult to get these IEMS out of my ears...
What do you think of my graph? Does it match what you hear?

is that compensated?

*edit : I checked your site with other IEMs, seems like your rig is lower down high mids to high frequencies (3 khz above) to me compared to other rig like crin's or BGGAR. but for bass portion, more or less I hear that way.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #817 of 5,078
is that compensated?

*edit : I checked your site with other IEMs, seems like your rig is lower down high mids to high frequencies (3 khz above) to me compared to other rig like crin's or BGGAR. but for bass portion, more or less I hear that way.

Currently I have bought a new microphone, the miniDSP UMIK-1, with which I am trying to compensate the losses in medium and high frequencies.
This measure has been done with this new microphone.
I have to open the new section for this new microphone, so you can see the differences with respect to the old measurements.
Although, it is true that there are still differences in the mid and high frequencies with respect to the other charts you mentioned. In that sense, the coupler used and the insertion distance, can be much more determinant than the mere comparison with other charts. If the insertion is deeper, that middle and high zone is triggered. So I have always tried to make the measurements under the same fitting parameters, even using, whenever possible, the same silicone tips, in order to compare the graphs among my other measurements.
I understand that the purchase with other graphs will always be more complicated.

Mar 20, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #821 of 5,078
Very very very early impressions.
DSC07035.JPG

These guys just can't do no wrong. So early prediction but these are gonna fly off the shelves for ISN. Zero burn in. ISN thought I had the C4 already so they didn't include the C4 cable is what I was told these will come with. I do have the C4 cable but it is in 2 pin. I will put on an adapter to try out with that but I just had to take a listen.

Used the ISN S4 instead. I am not 100% positive but you might be able to choose this cable instead of the stock C4.

So what am I hearing?

Housing is physically smaller than the H40. Still a touch bulky but I can tell the comfort will be better for many. It looks very nice in person a dark purple hue but looks black.

I can tell they are using all that space in that shell because the sound is spacious much like the H40. I can clearly tell these are brothers from the same mother. Stage is wide sounds deeep. Clean, clear, spacious. It is more of a fun tuning vs the H40. Sub bass is amazing. Mid bass is punchy but I want to say is not as prominent as the H40. Similar levels, coherency seems better on the D10. Mids take just a slight step back from the H40 tuning but has very nice clean spacious clarity to the mid bands. Absolutely zero haze or veil in any part of the sonics with zero treble grain of any type. The treble on the D10 sounds very even clean again, excellent clarity and definition in the region. Treble is non fatiguing but has every note represented. The overall sound is airy with that large sense of stage.

These sound Fantastic and I haven't even burned them in at all. ISN has done it again. These will give the FDX1 some very stiff competition, actually sounds more refined than them even though these have some heavy hitting sub bass. Don't know exactly what driver they are using on this but they nailed this one. It sounds way more engaging out of the box over the FDX1. I was told these will compete with earphones in the $300 plus range. Ya we will see was what I thought. Yet another serious contender.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #822 of 5,078
Very very very early impressions.

These guys just can't do no wrong. So early prediction but these are gonna fly off the shelves for ISN. Zero burn in. ISN thought I had the C4 already so they didn't include the C4 cable is what I was told these will come with. I do have the C4 cable but it is in 2 pin. I will put on an adapter to try out with that but I just had to take a listen.

Used the ISN S4 instead. I am not 100% positive but you might be able to choose this cable instead of the stock C4.

So what am I hearing?

Housing is physically smaller than the H40. Still a touch bulky but I can tell the comfort will be better for many. It looks very nice in person a dark purple hue but looks black.

I can tell they are using all that space in that shell because the sound is spacious much like the H40. I can clearly tell these are brothers from the same mother. Stage is wide sounds deeep. Clean, clear, spacious. It is more of a fun tuning vs the H40. Sub bass is amazing. Mid bass is punchy but I want to say is not as prominent as the H40. Similar levels, coherency seems better on the D10. Mids take just a slight step back from the H40 tuning but has very nice clean spacious clarity to the mid bands. Absolutely zero haze or veil in any part of the sonics with zero treble grain of any type. The treble on the D10 sounds very even clean again, excellent clarity and definition in the region. Treble is non fatiguing but has every note represented. The overall sound is airy with that large sense of stage.

These sound Fantastic and I haven't even burned them in at all. ISN has done it again. These will give the FDX1 some very stiff competition, actually sounds more refined than them even though these have some heavy hitting sub bass. Don't know exactly what driver they are using on this but they nailed this one. It sounds way more engaging out of the box over the FDX1. I was told these will compete with earphones in the $300 plus range. Ya we will see was what I thought. Yet another serious contender.
I have the D10 too. Think you are mistaken regarding the cable that it will come with. The stock cable for D10 is S4 and not C4, https://isnaudio.com/iems/isn-d10. Anyway, agreed with you, it sounds fantastic. :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back