ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 6, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #1,111 of 5,044
I am in the same situation as the others with regards to shipping for my D10. I got a notification that it was handed off to HK Post on March 28, and no updates since :/
Did you get your D10?
I am getting annoyed now. I am receiving some orders from the Aliexpress anniversary sale already and nothing from Penon still, I made the order on March 21st... I am worried they lost the shipment...

May 6, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,112 of 5,044
Did you get your D10?
I am getting annoyed now. I am receiving some orders from the Aliexpress anniversary sale already and nothing from Penon still, I made the order on March 21st... I am worried they lost the shipment...
Sadly no, I haven't received it, and no updates on the package tracking as well.

May 7, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,113 of 5,044
I am also concerned about my package.
Depart from transit country or district
2020-04-23 19:04:13 [GMT+8]

May 7, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #1,114 of 5,044
Yea, shipping delay is quite normal now due to the global pandemic. I have a few parcels that come from different parts of the world and still showing the same status since 2 weeks ago.

May 7, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,116 of 5,044
I have an order from 5 weeks ago, and 6 weeks ago, thru penon, 1 thru ali, neither are anywhere nesr the states still. Long delays

May 7, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,118 of 5,044
May 7, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,120 of 5,044
I've been vacillating about making this post all day but have finally decided to write.

The H40s remind me very much of a junior IT04 but without the higher harmonic sparkle. Coherent sound, from the deep bass to the neutral but clear treble. I think that sums up the H40s very well - balanced / very mild U shape with a wide soundstage that is of average depth. The supplied ISN S8 is an excellent match for these phones. @Dsnuts first post in this thread is a great introduction into cable rolling and I fully endorse his findings. Although the copper cable I made smoothed and warmed the sound, on further listening it was probably a little too smooth and warm for analytical listening. The Penon CS819 hybrid was interesting - the soundstage was wider with a tighter bass but the treble was essentially the same as the SPC - neutral and lacking an element of top end air / harmonics that would really make this set shine.

I cannot fault the build quality: the MMCX connectors are rock solid. The nozzles look a little short but the semi-custom resin extension into the nozzles allows for a fairly deep insertion with foam tips. They rest easy in my ears without discomfort. The little hard case is excellent and there is a generous selection of silicone and foam tips.

Compared to the TRI I3 these sound cooler and more analytical with a drier, crisper sound. The soundstage lacks a little height and depth compared to the I3. This is all relative, mind - the H40 by itself is a great IEM and good value for money. I'm very glad I tried them. They are a mature and confidently designed product that is well worth auditioning and had I not the I3s in my possession, I probably would have been very happy with these. What can I say - the ear wants what it wants!

In the end, it will come down to how you like your music - both sets are mildly U shaped but the H40 is more neutral, the I3 sweeter and more musical.

After all that, I will be putting my pair of practically new H40s up for sale. I will put a sale thread up after the weekend but if anyone is interested please PM me with a sensible offer. UK preferred.

May 7, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,121 of 5,044
I've been vacillating about making this post all day but have finally decided to write.

The H40s remind me very much of a junior IT04 but without the higher harmonic sparkle. Coherent sound, from the deep bass to the neutral but clear treble. I think that sums up the H40s very well - balanced / very mild U shape with a wide soundstage that is of average depth. The supplied ISN S8 is an excellent match for these phones. @Dsnuts first post in this thread is a great introduction into cable rolling and I fully endorse his findings. Although the copper cable I made smoothed and warmed the sound, on further listening it was probably a little too smooth and warm for analytical listening. The Penon CS819 hybrid was interesting - the soundstage was wider with a tighter bass but the treble was essentially the same as the SPC - neutral and lacking an element of top end air / harmonics that would really make this set shine.

I cannot fault the build quality: the MMCX connectors are rock solid. The nozzles look a little short but the semi-custom resin extension into the nozzles allows for a fairly deep insertion with foam tips. They rest easy in my ears without discomfort. The little hard case is excellent and there is a generous selection of silicone and foam tips.

Compared to the TRI I3 these sound cooler and more analytical with a drier, crisper sound. The soundstage lacks a little height and depth compared to the I3. This is all relative, mind - the H40 by itself is a great IEM and good value for money. I'm very glad I tried them. They are a mature and confidently designed product that is well worth auditioning and had I not the I3s in my possession, I probably would have been very happy with these. What can I say - the ear wants what it wants!

In the end, it will come down to how you like your music - both sets are mildly U shaped but the H40 is more neutral, the I3 sweeter and more musical.

After all that, I will be putting my pair of practically new H40s up for sale. I will put a sale thread up after the weekend but if anyone is interested please PM me with a sensible offer. UK preferred.
Where was you 2 weeks ago i was looking to buy them used and i live in UK haha.

Nice write up, describes it quite well. Though it seems like it all depends on what you expect from them.
I personally bought them with the idea of selling it after some listen as i am not a hoarder type and am quite happy with current iems. But who knows H40 might be not the ones that get sold.
A lot of people seem to be quite happy with them

May 8, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #1,122 of 5,044
Where was you 2 weeks ago i was looking to buy them used and i live in UK haha.

Nice write up, describes it quite well. Though it seems like it all depends on what you expect from them.
I personally bought them with the idea of selling it after some listen as i am not a hoarder type and am quite happy with current iems. But who knows H40 might be not the ones that get sold.
A lot of people seem to be quite happy with them
I'm not a hoarder either, I like variety and novelty. The H40s were a gamble for me sonically as I have had IT04 and wanted something a little different. The fact that I don't see them for sale on here is a testament to their abilities.

May 8, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #1,123 of 5,044
So I got a bit of an update on the recent issue with parcels out of Penon. They are based in Hong Kong and it seems the reason why your orders is being delayed is due to lack of flights to other countries. International flights in general has been hit hard due to Covid 19. So it isn't that they are not shipping parcels out quick or packaging getting lost. It has to do with international flights. So while this is a big inconvenience to everyone. It should and will get to you. Not to make an excuse for Penon but ya we are still living in a Pandemic unfortunately.

May 8, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,124 of 5,044
Finally!
My H40 is here to give me some joy in these hard times losing my job just yesterday.
I sadly had to cancel my Legacy 9 order but at least i have this new toy to play.
I immediately replaced the cable with a Nobunaga Medusa i had for my Aurisonics SGD 2.5 and paired it with my QP1R.
After 4.5 hours of burning in only they sound great on acoustic guitars.
They sound a bit congested at times with the strumming of the acoustic guitar.
I hope that when they burn in they will sound a lot better.
The first minute i tried them with those silicon green stem tips i thought What? They sound crap!
I used the largest of the foam tips in the package as i do with all of my IEMs now and they sound great.
I'm listening to Uaral - Lamentos.........
What a band!!!!
Any recommendations for a replacement cable 2.5mm balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back