ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 8, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #1,126 of 5,044
So I got a bit of an update on the recent issue with parcels out of Penon. They are based in Hong Kong and it seems the reason why your orders is being delayed is due to lack of flights to other countries. International flights in general has been hit hard due to Covid 19. So it isn't that they are not shipping parcels out quick or packaging getting lost. It has to do with international flights. So while this is a big inconvenience to everyone. It should and will get to you. Not to make an excuse for Penon but ya we are still living in a Pandemic unfortunately.
One of the reasons I've not ordered in a while (not that I order much anyway), particularly abroad.

May 8, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,127 of 5,044
Its a damn shame but what can you do. I do know that if you pay extra for quicker shipping via DHL or Fed Ex. Your stuff will get to you much faster but that defeats the whole purpose of free shipping.Usually free shipping out of Penon took only 2 weeks at the most, usually got stuff in 6-8 days.

We just need a damn vaccine already is all I am saying.

May 8, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #1,128 of 5,044
Its a damn shame but what can you do. I do know that if you pay extra for quicker shipping via DHL or Fed Ex. Your stuff will get to you much faster but that defeats the whole purpose of free shipping.Usually free shipping out of Penon took only 2 weeks at the most, usually got stuff in 6-8 days.

We just need a damn vaccine already is all I am saying.
I would normally agree with you on the shipping but my last update on my order is march 28th. Nothing has happened since then. Are trying to tell me that in almost 6 weeks, there is not a single plane doing Hong-Kong -> USA? I have placed some orders on Aliexpress on March 27/28th and these ususally take a month to arrive. I received 3 orders on Monday... from Mainland China... Sorry but I am not buying that. In 2 weeks I'll cancel my order. 2 months to deliver, pandemic or not is more than enough. Commercial flights might be cancelled but shipping companies are still operating despite the pandemic. I'm annoyed. Sorry for the rant.

May 8, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #1,129 of 5,044
I would normally agree with you on the shipping but my last update on my order is march 28th. Nothing has happened since then. Are trying to tell me that in almost 6 weeks, there is not a single plane doing Hong-Kong -> USA? I have placed some orders on Aliexpress on March 27/28th and these ususally take a month to arrive. I received 3 orders on Monday... from Mainland China... Sorry but I am not buying that. In 2 weeks I'll cancel my order. 2 months to deliver, pandemic or not is more than enough. Commercial flights might be cancelled but shipping companies are still operating despite the pandemic. I'm annoyed. Sorry for the rant.
There might be more to a international logistics situation that we know but i cant see it being affected that much. I mean i got my bloody masks in 2 weeks from china
Only other thing i can imagine it affecting is high demand and struggle with reduced production capacity due to covid 19

I am not trying to bash Penon as i am in no rush and i appreciate the situation. there is more than just a shipping that can be affected.
Just a bit strange that it takes so long for some.

May 8, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #1,130 of 5,044

Same, mine have had no update in a month....just sitting in china or hong kong. $60 cable and im thinking of cancelling at this point as well. Really wanted to try the isn s4 but, after they started shipping penon sent an email stating it didnt have ear guides on the mmcx 4.4mm version, which is probably a deal breaker anyways. That leaves virtually no strain relief and will most likely end up in a loose solder joint from what ive seen before. That piece IS NOT penons fault, but the shipping seems to be. My piece from aliexpress has made progress, the isn cable from penon has not

May 8, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #1,131 of 5,044
Just got an update a few minutes ago :

hi dear friend
we are really sorry about this . it is out of control now , we checked that your parcel is the last batch sent by Hong Kong Post Office,after which Hongkong Post began to stop sending to the United States, Canada, and some other countries, because there are no flights ,so it delays so long,and according to Hong Kong post policy ,we can submit a claim 2 month after the posting date . so it should be May 28 , then we will issue full refund if you still not received the parcel .
best regards

May 9, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #1,132 of 5,044
Just got an update a few minutes ago :

hi dear friend
we are really sorry about this . it is out of control now , we checked that your parcel is the last batch sent by Hong Kong Post Office,after which Hongkong Post began to stop sending to the United States, Canada, and some other countries, because there are no flights ,so it delays so long,and according to Hong Kong post policy ,we can submit a claim 2 month after the posting date . so it should be May 28 , then we will issue full refund if you still not received the parcel .
best regards

Oh wonderful....so we wait 2 months to even just begin a refund process

May 9, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #1,134 of 5,044
2 months from the moment they handed the parcel to Hong Kong post... But yeah, it's long but at least they acknowledge that this is beyond normal, even during a pandemic...

Penon has been really good with me in the past so i wont put this on them. It seems legitimately out of their control. Oh well, ill email them to cancel my s4 order as well i suppose. Thanks for the info

May 9, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #1,136 of 5,044
I recently bought some cables from Penon. The package was sitting in a Hong Kong post office from March 14 to April 22 when it finally shipped. Got it a few days after that. So be patient, you will get your stuff eventually.

May 9, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #1,137 of 5,044
Penon has been really good with me in the past so i wont put this on them. It seems legitimately out of their control. Oh well, ill email them to cancel my s4 order as well i suppose. Thanks for the info
For what it’s worth, s4 was a bit of a let down on the D10 (and t800 - I’m sticking with s16 on that) for my tastes, a little too much sizzle up top and some weird bloom in the bass - made it sound airy but a bit ill defined. I treated the D10s to some neotech 7n copper litz and am really happy with them now, much more defined texture and detail across the whole spectrum, the bass imaging in particular has improved dramatically. Plus it matches the iems better :wink:
27415800-A2D2-4610-9FFB-963B34063C1D.jpeg

May 9, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #1,138 of 5,044
Right now dhl fedex ups is not the solution because the total transport time for me was 20 days including a quarantine of 10 days in Dubai !!!
In addition, with the covid-19 crisis, even on parcels with a weak customs declaration, they charge taxes and handling fees.
For a h40 by Dhl (therefore + 10 €), in declared value 45usd we paid 38usd of customs clearance costs included !!
For these carriers, there are increases in air traffic, loss of turnover, so to recover losses, they now practice even for low value packages the customs declaration + costs and this systematically !!
These last two months I made 3 orders on alliexpres with free delivery and I received everything in less than 20 days for France without customs fees.

May 9, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #1,139 of 5,044
Right now dhl fedex ups is not the solution because the total transport time for me was 20 days including a quarantine of 10 days in Dubai !!!
In addition, with the covid-19 crisis, even on parcels with a weak customs declaration, they charge taxes and handling fees.
For a h40 by Dhl (therefore + 10 €), in declared value 45usd we paid 38usd of customs clearance costs included !!
For these carriers, there are increases in air traffic, loss of turnover, so to recover losses, they now practice even for low value packages the customs declaration + costs and this systematically !!
These last two months I made 3 orders on alliexpres with free delivery and I received everything in less than 20 days for France without customs fees.
Thanks for heads up. If that is really true i need to reconsider some US purchases for time being.
I have found some online shops in europe that are actually way cheaper.
There might not be much of chifi selection. But known brands from US with very competetive prices.
Google translate is awesome for that.

Only thing i do to be sure is drop an email and see if they respond in english to avoid future customer service issues.

May 9, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,140 of 5,044
For what it’s worth, s4 was a bit of a let down on the D10 (and t800 - I’m sticking with s16 on that) for my tastes, a little too much sizzle up top and some weird bloom in the bass - made it sound airy but a bit ill defined. I treated the D10s to some neotech 7n copper litz and am really happy with them now, much more defined texture and detail across the whole spectrum, the bass imaging in particular has improved dramatically. Plus it matches the iems better :wink:
Looking ace!
Share some details or links to the cable.
I too like my music darker and fuller.
On my ASG 2.5 many were using silver cable.
I use copper.
I prefer the laid back darkness.
I am burning in my H40s.
Man i can't believe it. They sound fantastic.
I need more mmcx cables.
I got an mmcx to 2 pin adapter but the adapter along with the 2 pin connector makes the whole thing too long sticking 1 cm over my ear like a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back