ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #3,871 of 5,044
I have had the privilege of hearing every ISN IEM except for the ISN Audio D02 and H30. But the H30 is in the mail to me as we speak. I would be surprised, as every ISN IEM replays a certain character that holds certain values close to home. Meaning I would be very surprised if it wasn’t just lack of burn-in or bad synergy in a single use that was generating such sound. Have you tried a bunch of sources, what about burn-in?

In other words, ISN Audio is consistent, so such a finding is out of the ordinary to say the least?
I have many sources , the burn in is bull💩 mainly for armatures

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,872 of 5,044
Don't buy the ISN H30 ! Weak bass, zero subs, but the splashy metallic fatiguing highs is the most horrible. After five minutes of listening u want to throw it far away. The shape is ridiculous: little shell, very long nozzle(for what ?). Some driver flex on both sides. Good overall clarity ,below average technical capabilities. Don't buy it, doesn't make any sense .
This was my impression at first listen. 30 minutes later and switching to my preferred tips and a better cable, and it’s much more like Dsnuts described.

Vocal centric, with good detail and timbre and slightly elevated bass. I only got it yesterday, but so far am liking it a lot. Though I suspect the included cable is responsible for the initial weak bass.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #3,873 of 5,044
I have many sources , the burn in is bull💩 mainly for armatures
Regardless of burn-in, I’m not sure what to say, except I should have a personal pair in a week, and I can try them out and relay my thoughts here.

But also, I am the king of figuring out a signature too soon. I have often jumped the gun, only to have a 180 degree different opinion in a week! Meaning just give them time. Time for both your mind to adapt to a new sound and (like the other posts suggests) change tips. ISN has a very good track record, so........?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #3,874 of 5,044
Regardless of burn-in, I’m not sure what to say, except I should have a personal pair in a week, and I can try them out and relay my thoughts here.

But also, I am the king of figuring out a signature too soon. I have often jumped the gun, only to have a 180 degree different opinion in a week! Meaning just give them time. Time for both your mind to adapt to a new sound and (like the other posts suggests) change tips. ISN has a very good track record, so........?
I accept that you already have an opinion about it and you haven't heard it yet. I am not a Penon employee ,unfortunately I can say this and nothing more.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #3,875 of 5,044
Tips affect the H30 quite a bit. It seems your not getting optimum fit on them. They do have a longer nozzle for their given size. But not too much longer than any of the other ISN IEMs. They are kinda strange in that they are smaller than medium but has a longer nozzle.

I can see how they can sound bright if you aren't getting a good seal. I would try larger fitting tips as well.

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #3,876 of 5,044
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/laleeee.530939/

No, I don’t have an opinion on the IEM. I’ve never heard it. I’m simply suggesting that you may need more time with it. Of course you could be right, that the ISN Audio H30 is not for you. But still your descriptions just don’t seem to blend with the rest of the line-up. Let me give you an example. The D10 for me was a “wild-card” I put off reviewing it, and honestly I didn’t respect it that much. At the start I simply gave it a few quick listens and made up my mind on what I thought it was/what it truly sounded like. Then came the time to do the actual review. And then the serious listening finally started. I came out the other end of my listening time having a totally different idea as to what the ISN D10 was. It simply took time to warm-up to, that’s all. I hope you realize I’m not questioning you, there are a whole group of IEMs I also don’t like either.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #3,877 of 5,044
Tips affect the H30 quite a bit. It seems your not getting optimum fit on them. They do have a longer nozzle for their given size. But not too much longer than any of the other ISN IEMs. They are kinda strange in that they are smaller than medium but has a longer nozzle.

I can see how they can sound bright if you aren't getting a good seal. I would try larger fitting tips as well.
Tips affect all the iems a bit. I have all the existing tips in the universe. I have good seal

Sep 30, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #3,879 of 5,044
This was my impression at first listen. 30 minutes later and switching to my preferred tips and a better cable, and it’s much more like Dsnuts described.

Vocal centric, with good detail and timbre and slightly elevated bass. I only got it yesterday, but so far am liking it a lot. Though I suspect the included cable is responsible for the initial weak bass.
Your right about the cable. It is very basic ISN copper cable. Its ok but nothing that will optimize the sound for the ISN H30.

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,880 of 5,044
Am I missing something here guys???
Is it possible for H30 to be THAT BAD???
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #3,881 of 5,044
Am I missing something here guys???
Is it possible for H30 to be THAT BAD???
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
Laughingly......even though I haven’t heard it.......no. The answer is no. ISN doesn’t throw stuff against the wall to see how it sticks. Not possible, here.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #3,882 of 5,044
Sep 30, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #3,883 of 5,044
1664557819961.png

So I got a new Penon cable on the ISN H30 called the Obsidian. Listening right now as I type using the Fiio BTR7. Yes these scale exceptionally well to upgraded cables.

I have no time to throw in earphones that are not any good. I own way too many IEMs for that nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back