ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 3, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #3,526 of 5,044
My Initial Impressions of the ISN H50
20220331_144030.jpg

In one word, seriously impressive! Ok those were two words.

Where do I start, they are very easy to drive and for me, a good fit.

The bass is very good quality, fast and well defined. The sub-bass is quite potent, while the mid-bass is very well controlled, so that it is not dominant. The is oodles and oodles of sub-bass and mid-bass but tuned so the bass does not sit above all other notes. I would not classify the H50s as a basshead set
True, I use final type-e black tips on them
but if you want quality over quantity in this price range, these will not disappoint, in fact they will please you.
But I'm a basshead and very happy with the '50s!
For me, the H50s are W-shaped tuning with mids that make vocals and lead instruments more prominent that you would have on a V-shaped tuning.

The treble is detailed and informative, you do not miss out on any detail and with their clarity, there is plenty to love, especially because these are easy to drive. They are generally not sibilant, except the occasional excess, although it is early days.

I will post my detailed impressions of the ISN H50s in due course.
Congrats on the '50s. Enjoy the sparkle, fantastic percussion on them, as well as how they portray the mids...

Apr 3, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #3,527 of 5,044

Congrats on the '50s. Enjoy the sparkle, fantastic percussion on them, as well as how they portray the mids...

the final E Type black tips proved to be the best choice fit and isolation wise for my case as well, custom like fit fo the absolute best sub bass impact... then you understand how the tuning goes how enjoyable and qualitative is this earphone, very very spectacular...

Apr 3, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #3,528 of 5,044
the final E Type black tips proved to be the best choice fit and isolation wise for my case as well, custom like fit fo the absolute best sub bass impact...
This is also true
then you understand how the tuning goes how enjoyable and qualitative is this earphone, very very spectacular...

H50 may be the brightest ISN, yes?

Apr 3, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #3,529 of 5,044
This is also true

H50 may be the brightest ISN, yes?
haven't heard EST50 so far but owning H40,D10 and D02 yes it by far the most awesome bright earphone between those.
way more air flowing between the frequency range..... open and spacious..

Apr 3, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #3,530 of 5,044

The mids are a joy to hear, even before tip rolling and before they have settled.

Apr 3, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #3,531 of 5,044
haven't heard EST50 so far but owning H40,D10 and D02 yes it by far the most awesome bright earphone between those.
Yup, I thought so, too...

Apr 3, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #3,532 of 5,044
I have not heard the EST50 nor the D02s but I agree that (of those I have heard) the H50s are brightest and most airy ISN so far.
Yup, I thought so, too...
Proof that bassheads are not just about the BASS!

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #3,533 of 5,044
I have not heard the EST50 nor the D02s but I agree that (of those I have heard) the H50s are brightest and most airy ISN so far.

Proof that bassheads are not just about the BASS!
A litmus for the '50s. How low can it go. Very, I should say...

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #3,534 of 5,044
it's the H50's weathering turn.
Superb detail retrieval from the get go. From bass all the way to the upper treble.
I'm using Sony Ep-ex11 tips to chase that ISN Bass.

Playing the 38 carat collection album atm..

Using pure copper japanese litz 4 core cable
H50 Weathering
06-Mar = 20hrs
07-11 = 40hrs
13-18 =48hrs
20-25 =48hrs
27-01(apr)=48hrs
----------------
204hrs

We're past the 200 hr mark. So, what changed?
From the Top, i hear better definition, extension, more air, more clarity. It's like 2 ba receivers are working, separation is very defined
Mids on the neutral side (neutral NOT thin). Separation is excellent. Details are very good to excellent.

Bass - tight, what we should expect from a dynamic - well textured, decent rumble. No rewards for quantity, but quality is excellent - zero bleed, sub bass is on the fore...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #3,536 of 5,044
Had to post this one guys....
got the MEXT a day ago and just today started listening to it....
the only reason for posting this one here is for letting everyone know that H50 has nothing to envy from a 1000$ monitor..
in terms of spaciousness, soundstage resolution both are on par....
dare to say I like H50's clarity a bit more..
in terms of signature MEXT is a warm iem, a bass head's dream maybe, very strong low end, mid bass oriented, in opposition to the H50 which has the very distinctive sub bass thumb and a more airy overall signature...
as you can see from the photos MEXT is huge compared to H50 and by far the biggest iem in my collection.
that's a considerably risk for anyone with ears on the smaller side thinking of getting a pair of MEXT, think twice before order....
it really has an addictive signature straight from the first listen with a spacious relaxed and polished presentation, BUT so does H50....
To me Both are winners and on par in terms of sound quality thing that proves that the ISN team are true professionals in audio engineering...... Congrats to those guys...
if I had to keep only one iem between those two it would be a real pain in the ass...

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_173004.jpg
    IMG_20220416_173004.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220416_172932.jpg
    IMG_20220416_172932.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220416_172937.jpg
    IMG_20220416_172937.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #3,537 of 5,044
Had to post this one guys....
got the MEXT a day ago and just today started listening to it....
the only reason for posting this one here is for letting everyone know that H50 has nothing to envy from a 1000$ monitor..
in terms of spaciousness, soundstage resolution both are on par....
dare to say I like H50's clarity a bit more..
in terms of signature MEXT is a warm iem, a bass head's dream maybe, very strong low end, mid bass oriented, in opposition to the H50 which has the very distinctive sub bass thumb and a more airy overall signature...
as you can see from the photos MEXT is huge compared to H50 and by far the biggest iem in my collection.
that's a considerably risk for anyone with ears on the smaller side thinking of getting a pair of MEXT, think twice before order....
it really has an addictive signature straight from the first listen with a spacious relaxed and polished presentation, BUT so does H50....
To me Both are winners and on par in terms of sound quality thing that proves that the ISN team are true professionals in audio engineering...... Congrats to those guys...
if I had to keep only one iem between those two it would be a real pain in the ass...
For whatever reason there are top tier reviewers that won’t go near an ISN iem for a write up which makes them more of an outlier rather than more mainstream. I don’t understand why that is but I think the three ISNs I have are a tremendous value.
BTW I took my EST50’s down from the for sale thread. I had them up there for a week and a half, took them out of the box, plugged them back in and was like “Nah…no way.”

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #3,538 of 5,044
For whatever reason there are top tier reviewers that won’t go near an ISN iem for a write up which makes them more of an outlier rather than more mainstream. I don’t understand why that is but I think the three ISNs I have are a tremendous value.
BTW I took my EST50’s down from the for sale thread. I had them up there for a week and a half, took them out of the box, plugged them back in and was like “Nah…no way.”
despite the fact that EST50 is the only iem that I have not heard from the ISN line, the H40 (my first one was that one) is very close in terms of sound signature with the MEXT, vast/huge bass lines with mids staying lower in the mix and polished non fatigue a bit restraint treble Both of these : home HiFi
set-up presentation....especially the low end in both of them is remarkably
identical...
Those two are my benchmark for a fun and highly enjoyable sound signature...
top tier 🧐 stuff....

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #3,539 of 5,044
anyone here.... just posted briefly my thoughts regarding H40/H50 vs the MEXT as an answer to the latest MEXT review, I had to, not only because of my love for those two great iems, but because I really did extensively A to B comparisons with the MEXT and H40/H50 are without any doubt COMPLETELY ON PAR with the MEXT (a kilobuck iem that is!)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,540 of 5,044
anyone here.... just posted briefly my thoughts regarding H40/H50 vs the MEXT as an answer to the latest MEXT review, I had to, not only because of my love for those two great iems, but because I really did extensively A to B comparisons with the MEXT and H40/H50 are without any doubt COMPLETELY ON PAR with the MEXT (a kilobuck iem that is!)
Try the 50s on this. Very UN-Ba percussion, and that's just for starters. Excellent rendition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back