ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 19, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,747 of 5,078
So far I'm quite pleased but I'm still experimenting with tips to see what works best for me. I do find them a bit forward in the upper mids for my taste but again I'm reserving final judgement until I've tried various tips and sources. I have given the GK10 a brief listen and man are they fantastic OOTB. They feel cheap but sound great. Put the same sound into a nicer shell and cable and I'd easily pay 100USD for them. Gonna break them in and try a nicer cable later.

Jul 19, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #2,748 of 5,078
I'd like your comparison on the EJ07 vs Ej07M since you have/have had both.
I'll try to do that in the next couple days when I can do some back to back comparing. My Variations should be here tomorrow but I won't have a lot of time to spend listening until later in the week. Will try to give a quick impression tomorrow night though.

Jul 19, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #2,749 of 5,078
So far I'm quite pleased but I'm still experimenting with tips to see what works best for me. I do find them a bit forward in the upper mids for my taste but again I'm reserving final judgement until I've tried various tips and sources. I have given the GK10 a brief listen and man are they fantastic OOTB. They feel cheap but sound great. Put the same sound into a nicer shell and cable and I'd easily pay 100USD for them. Gonna break them in and try a nicer cable later.

Better cables and your best tips. They sounded even better with an overnight of music run in.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #2,752 of 5,078
I'm interested in something more exciting sounding than Orb and Dunu Sa6. Recent ROSE QT-9 MK2 really works well with metal that is my preferred genre and are even more comfortable than the other two :)

I'm considering a tribrid that has a potent and efficient bass and some exciting / euforic treble. Being spoiled by penon house mids it's natural to look toward the new Isn.

I wonder how much of a difference will that make with Isn est50 ?
Clairvoyance sounds interesting for this purpose too... I could wait for Volt in custome also. But would rather something easy to drive (dragonfly red, astell&Kern ak70 mk 1, fiio btr5) and heard that volt can be tricky to power properly :)

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #2,753 of 5,078
I'm interested in something more exciting sounding than Orb and Dunu Sa6. Recent ROSE QT-9 MK2 really works well with metal that is my preferred genre and are even more comfortable than the other two :)

I'm considering a tribrid that has a potent and efficient bass and some exciting / euforic treble. Being spoiled by penon house mids it's natural to look toward the new Isn.

Clairvoyance sounds interesting for this purpose too... I could wait for Volt in custome also. But would rather something easy to drive (dragonfly red, astell&Kern ak70 mk 1, fiio btr5) and heard that volt can be tricky to power properly :)
Honestly, that calls for Tansio Mirai LAND. Another reason for that is, as per @Dsnuts 's impression, LAND is a more improved version of QT9 Mk2. I have the LAND, and it truly have that potent and efficient bass and exciting treble. Go get it!
Also, because of his impression, I am now thinking about getting the QT9 Mk2, for on the go purpose. Truly in a dilemma here: should I get this, or should I get a mid focused counterpart of LAND, may be Oriolus Isabellae, or something else...

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #2,754 of 5,078
Honestly, that calls for Tansio Mirai LAND. Another reason for that is, as per @Dsnuts 's impression, LAND is a more improved version of QT9 Mk2. I have the LAND, and it truly have that potent and efficient bass and exciting treble. Go get it!
Also, because of his impression, I am now thinking about getting the QT9 Mk2, for on the go purpose. Truly in a dilemma here: should I get this, or should I get a mid focused counterpart of LAND, may be Oriolus Isabellae, or something else...
How did you know it will be land not isn est50? Did you ever audition est50?

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #2,755 of 5,078
How did you know it will be land not isn est50? Did you ever audition est50?
I did not tell that it will not be EST50. I told that LAND matches those criteria.

Also, there are some posts by Dsnuts in the same regard:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/isn-earphones-impression-thread-new-isn-est50.920551/post-16432515

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/isn-earphones-impression-thread-new-isn-est50.920551/post-16427192

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/isn-earphones-impression-thread-new-isn-est50.920551/post-16425575

Yes I have not heard EST50, but the above posts do provide a good enough impression.

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #2,756 of 5,078

That's what I was thinking about also since I read the impressions made by @Dsnuts he is my IEM guru haha and I really trust his impressions, he was spot on every time :) got Rose because of him and I'm really happy with it, the only gripe is average isolation that's not optimal for very noisy public transportation and maybe unimpressive look:wink: but everything else is great. For walking outside it works perfectly. And the comfort... :)

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #2,757 of 5,078
That's what I was thinking about also since I read the impressions made by @Dsnuts he is my IEM guru haha and I really trust his impressions, he was spot on every time :) got Rose because of him and I'm really happy with it, the only gripe is average isolation that's not optimal for very noisy public transportation and maybe unimpressive look:wink: but everything else is great. For walking outside it works perfectly. And the comfort... :)
I have a conflicting relationship with his impressions: He loves ISN H40, and I hate them, even in modded and burnt in form. However, our impressions match perfectly regarding LAND, and that's the reason why I am inclined to get the QT9 Mk2.

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #2,759 of 5,078

Nowadays, w/ a lot of dac dongles are powerful enough to sing full sizes, the Volts will sing on them very well.
Get the Custom, this was the 1 AND ONLY REGRET on my Volts. Wrong place on saving $$$ & that was just an additional usd.150 from my part (local impression cost for an .stl file & the usd.80 for ciem)
You mentioned Euphoric top end, just be patient - it wont wow you from an entire month of listening, after that BLISS! Very long listening pleasure.
Don't forget, the Penon House sound is a complete tuning package, from that Sub-bass to its top...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back