Is my Sansa Clip+'s battery defective?
Jul 6, 2010 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HydroTurtle

100+ Head-Fier
I've been hearing how a lot of people have been getting around 12 hours of playback time from their Clip+'s.  I am really disappointed in mine.  I get about 4 hours of playback with the volume at 75%, playing 320 kbp and less MP3's.  I set all the settings to the minimum, such as setting it to minimal brightness, to increase playback time. 

I have had my Clip+ for about 3 weeks and I am amazed at the SQ, but was disappointed in the battery life.
I usually charge it through a wall outlet and through my PC.  I haven't charged it too many times.

Is it defective?

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 10
I get 12 hours on mine using Rockbox with FLAC files. If I am using 128kps MP3 I get about 14 hours or more.

However, on the stock firmware I was also getting about 6 hours most of the time using FLAC. Try updating your firmware or go with Rockbox.

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
I get 12 hours on mine using Rockbox with FLAC files. If I am using 128kps MP3 I get about 14 hours or more.

However, on the stock firmware I was also getting about 6 hours most of the time using FLAC. Try updating your firmware or go with Rockbox.

The stock firmware is indeed dreadfully inefficient with FLAC files......my old V2 original Clip would drop from 14-15 hours with high-bitrate MP3 to about 8 with FLAC. I have not even bothered with FLAC on the Clip+ asides from testing SanDisk's claims of gapless playback.(which isn't quite there, but much better than the Fuze).

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 10
I use mostly v0 mp3 and some FLAC on my clip+ and I get somewhere between 18-19 hours on rockbox. I never tried the sansa firmware but the previous owner said he got around 6 hours I think.

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I use mostly v0 mp3 and some FLAC on my clip+ and I get somewhere between 18-19 hours on rockbox. I never tried the sansa firmware but the previous owner said he got around 6 hours I think.

I may be coming into possession of a second Clip+ soon....if that comes to pass, then I may give RB a shot on one of them.

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #7 of 10
I get around 9 hours on mine. MP3 files. No RockBox.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 10
I'm listening to it right now and it went from 36% to 19% in like 14 minutes.
blink.gif

What is goin on!  You think I'll be able to get a replacement from Sandisk?

EDIT: And now 19% to 13% in 4  minutes!?!?!?
         ..........It...died..,.................                           

What

Users who are viewing this thread

Back