Is anyone building the KGSSHV?
Jan 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #316 of 499
The smallest KGSSHV in existence was built by me and this one uses the same chassis.  No way to cram these boards into a smaller chassis than 480*400mm...   

I've already drawn up smaller offboard PCB's and a new PSU so a very small HV is in the cards...
redface.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #319 of 499
Ok Temporaryname and I have secured some boards from Lil'Knight (thanks Lil'Knight) but something tells me that was the easiest part. Looking for any resources/links on the build if anybody has any.

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #321 of 499
Just seeking advice, has anyone used the TKD 4CP-2508-S for their KGSSHV? How would they compare against the RK27 or RK50?

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #323 of 499
Just seeking advice, has anyone used the TKD 4CP-2508-S for their KGSSHV? How would they compare against the RK27 or RK50?

If you ever buy it, Sean, please squeeze a couple for me :) Don't know what to do with them but they are one of the quad attenuators that I still haven't tried.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #324 of 499
Quote:
If you ever buy it, Sean, please squeeze a couple for me
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't know what to do with them but they are one of the quad attenuators that I still haven't tried.

On that note, does anyone know where to get these in the States? I've only seen the dual stepped pots (2508)...I was about to pull the trigger on 2 of these for my next build.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #325 of 499
I've never seen them in the US. Percy Audio, Partsconnexion both handle TKD, but stereo only. A german vendor does have the quads:

http://www.thel-audioworld.de/bauteile/regler/Potis.htm

I'd agree that these are better than RK27s, but not as good as an RK50 (but then they don't cost ~1K either). Penny and Giles is another one you could look at, though I've heard their pricing has gone up to near RK50 levels.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #326 of 499
Feb 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #327 of 499
Finding a reliable builder for the KGSShv can be a challenge. Especially considering
the likes of Fishski won’t touch HV or Tran who is just too busy. So I had to search out for alternatives.

I stumbled across Headincloud’s listing for his on-board, inquired about the possibility
of shipping overseas, but was informed it was no longer available. Just my luck, right.
Well, Geoff had other ideas and thus began our journey.

Initially Geoff had drawn up a proven design, which was simple and reliable,
but I had other ideas. More than willing to give it a shot we came up with a design 
with a smart look, completely inspired by Headamp’s current offerings. 

An all aluminum off-board w/servo. Polished front and top panel with the A-D 41-step attenuator.

Being a DIY project there was much risk doing the metal work, luckily, it turned out really great. Thanks to Justin for sharing his knowledge and experience in dealing with the metal. Learned a good deal and can fully appreciate how difficult it is to get Headamp quality.

Thanks to Geoff for putting up with my schiit, being flexible and getting things done right. I was rather lucky to find such a good builder and an utter gentleman. 

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, this was definitely a fun process.

And yea, it sounds  damn great. 
L3000.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #328 of 499
Hi Para,

Excellent impressions,and glad you are more then satisfied
Pics are excellent
I know the wait was long,but,now,you are Endgame--RIGHT-lol
Use it in Good Health,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back