Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,726 of 3,645
Quote:
looks interesting!
im getting an ipod video 5g but havent played around with it yet
suppose i dont like rockbox and want to switch back to the original apple interface- just use itunes to factory reset?
thanks

the answer is in the 1st page of this thread
wink_face.gif
or use this - http://freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Uninstallation

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #1,728 of 3,645
My iPod 6th gen 1 80gb, running rockbox arnoland's build for 2 days until now, and its good, I love it.
But, I found some issue.
1. When I turn on my rockboxed ipod and I plug my UE TF10 iem, I hear a hiss noise. After I play some songs then pause it, the hiss gone. But if I turn the ipod off and on again, the hiss alwais heard.
2. When I turn the volume up and down while the player in pause mode, I hear a noise...
How can I fix it?

Not sure if it's my imagination or not but I think I'm definitely getting a lot more hiss now that rock box is installed than I used to. Hmm

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,729 of 3,645
I have a question regarding the file system and database.  After RB install, all the music files installed previous with itunes were still on my ipod and i used the database and i am able to access from there but i cant seem to locate any of the same files when using the "file" option.  How do i locate these files that are listed under the data base? 

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #1,730 of 3,645
Quote:
looks interesting!
im getting an ipod video 5g but havent played around with it yet
suppose i dont like rockbox and want to switch back to the original apple interface- just use itunes to factory reset?
thanks

The 5G is a completely different device, so basically nothing you read in this thread applies to it.  Unlike the 6G, the 5G can dual boot both the apple and rockbox firmwares.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,731 of 3,645
ok thanks for the help
for rockboxing my ipod video, do i just the software from the official rockbox website and thats it?
and is there any thread or website to read up about rockboxing an ipod video (eg. features, customizing... etc)

also for all those with rockbox, any mp3 player, how much better is the SQ and battery life?

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,734 of 3,645
Quick question!

I just updated my rockbox to aroldan's newest build and I also added a new theme. I then unplugged my iPod, said yes to the reboot, and now it seems frozen. It has been on the "ROLO...Loading" screen for the past thirty minutes. Is this normal? What should I do?

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #1,735 of 3,645
Quote:
Quick question!

I just updated my rockbox to aroldan's newest build and I also added a new theme. I then unplugged my iPod, said yes to the reboot, and now it seems frozen. It has been on the "ROLO...Loading" screen for the past thirty minutes. Is this normal? What should I do?

Hmmm... No, it's not normal. Press and hold "MENU" + Select (middle of the wheel button) simultaneously until it reboots and see what happens...

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,736 of 3,645
Quote:
I have a question regarding the file system and database.  After RB install, all the music files installed previous with itunes were still on my ipod and i used the database and i am able to access from there but i cant seem to locate any of the same files when using the "file" option.  How do i locate these files that are listed under the data base? 

It's because that Folder is flagged 'hidden'. There is a setting for the filebrowser to show everything, though, I don't exactly know what it's called by now. Just take a look around, I'm sure you can find it.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,737 of 3,645
Hello guys,

I am about to sell my Ipod Classic because I heard the Sansa Clip Plus and it is much better in my opinion...
BUT i fail to uninstall rockbox.
I connect the Ipod to my PC, pres Menu and Enter for like 15 seconds until the screen goes black, open Itunes and click repair Ipod... but then Itunes says: The iPod can not be Identified, please reconnect (or something like that I translated from Dutch).

My rockboxed iPod worked (and still is working) like a charm but I cannot restore it to its normal software :s
Any thoughts ?

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #1,739 of 3,645
Quote:
Hello guys,

I am about to sell my Ipod Classic because I heard the Sansa Clip Plus and it is much better in my opinion...
BUT i fail to uninstall rockbox.
I connect the Ipod to my PC, pres Menu and Enter for like 15 seconds until the screen goes black, open Itunes and click repair Ipod... but then Itunes says: The iPod can not be Identified, please reconnect (or something like that I translated from Dutch).

My rockboxed iPod worked (and still is working) like a charm but I cannot restore it to its normal software :s
Any thoughts ?

PROBLEM SOLVED
By trying a different usb port...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back