Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 26, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #1,711 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm using aroldan's Rockbox builds since June/July in my 160GB Classic that I bought new, and I've yet to find a bug. Zero problems so far in my case...

if u dnt mind can u pm me da link to download as well as a installing guide.. sry for being a pain dude.. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #1,713 of 3,645
Quote:

No, we just set the volume to 0dB for the line out.  Its actually fully adjustable though, so you could pretty easily hack up the source to change the line out level if you want by just calling audiohw_set_lineout_vol from inside the audiohw_set_master_vol function.

And while I don't mean to pick on you guys since this seems like a common misconception, but line out doesn't 'bypass' anything, and you certainly are 'double amping' if you hook up another amp to the line out. On modern electronics, a line out is basically a second amp that has its volume adjusted independently of the headphone amp for use with powered speakers. Its to prevent you from blowing out accessories while allowing the DAC vendor to save money by not including the whole cost of a second headphone amp. Usually its just a cheaper amp that doesn't need as much current capacity since its discharged into a higher impedance load then the main amp. Unless something is weird with the design, the output into a high impedance load should be identical. Given how well the Classic's headphone amp drives a high impedance load, there is almost certainly no improvement from using the line out.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Is this a cut and paste from someplace? LOD is not a direct inline it i controlled internally?

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,714 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm sorry I don't understand. Is this a cut and paste from someplace? LOD is not a direct inline it i controlled internally?

No its not copied from somewhere, why would it be?  And yes, the volume on the line out is controlled by the driver.  You can set it to whatever you like by calling the functions I listed above.  

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #1,715 of 3,645
Quote:

No its not copied from somewhere, why would it be?  And yes, the volume on the line out is controlled by the driver.  You can set it to whatever you like by calling the functions I listed above.  

Ok...the reason I asked about cut and paste was in case there is more to read.

I always thought that the LOD was a in line connection with no ability to be 'tweaked' from inside the iPod. The only way to transform the sound and control the volume was from whatever source the LOD went to.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #1,716 of 3,645
Quote:

I always thought that the LOD was a in line connection with the data coming out having no ability to be 'tweaked' from inside the iPod. The only way to transform the sound and control the volume was from whatever source the LOD went to.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #1,717 of 3,645
Quote:

I always thought that the LOD was a in line connection with no ability to be 'tweaked' from inside the iPod. The only way to transform the sound and control the volume was from whatever source the LOD went to.

No, its no different from the headphone jack aside from the higher output impedance on it's amp.  Makes it a little cheaper to make and probably saves some battery since the amp is much less powerful.  

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,718 of 3,645
aroldan's latest Rockbox build (121026) up and running over here. Flawless as usual! Thanks, aroldan
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,720 of 3,645
Oct 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,724 of 3,645
My iPod 6th gen 1 80gb, running rockbox arnoland's build for 2 days until now, and its good, I love it.
But, I found some issue.
1. When I turn on my rockboxed ipod and I plug my UE TF10 iem, I hear a hiss noise. After I play some songs then pause it, the hiss gone. But if I turn the ipod off and on again, the hiss alwais heard.

2. When I turn the volume up and down while the player in pause mode, I hear a noise...

How can I fix it?

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #1,725 of 3,645
looks interesting!
im getting an ipod video 5g but havent played around with it yet
suppose i dont like rockbox and want to switch back to the original apple interface- just use itunes to factory reset?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back