Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #211 of 3,645

Quote:
Hah! I actually thought that I had done that but no. The uninstall instructions on the Freemyipod site were somewhat buried but they worked. It invokes an innate protocol in the Classic to communicate with iTunes so that one can re-esatbllsih communication and Restore the iPod. I am satisfied now that the installation should always be reversible. (PM me if you get into trouble.)

thanks, will take it into consideration. but I wont get my ipod back until some weeks from now, brother has it.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #212 of 3,645
...I get a little ticked because iTunes keeps trying to pop up when I plug mine into either of my machines. Both run Vista (urgh...I know...need to upgrade). Its not a big deal though. I just shut it as soon as it pops up and carry on...

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #213 of 3,645
Does anyone know if this theme could be put onto and iPod Classic 6G or converted to a rockbox theme because this is the most amazing theme I've seen for an iPod!  http://theislander1.webs.com/ipodvideohacks.htm  I know it's the Zune theme, but I think it's absolutely beautiful and the themes for the iPod on the Rockbox website aren't very good at all.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #214 of 3,645

Quote:
Does anyone know if this theme could be put onto and iPod Classic 6G or converted to a rockbox theme because this is the most amazing theme I've seen for an iPod!  http://theislander1.webs.com/ipodvideohacks.htm  I know it's the Zune theme, but I think it's absolutely beautiful and the themes for the iPod on the Rockbox website aren't very good at all.

i don't think so. those look like custom firmwares.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #215 of 3,645
DukeDudez, what you are looking at is a theme for ipod 5/5.5g (video) using a resource editor called IpodWizard. IpodWizard doesnt support ipod classic 6th or 7th gen.

Jul 31, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #216 of 3,645
Ok just discovered my wife has a pristine 80 gig ipod 5G with silicon cover and screen and rear covers since new sitting in her bedside cupboard. So I swapped hers for my 160gig  6th gen.

Rockboxed it and am now listening to "A love Supreme" 73meg flac file

beyersmile.png

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #219 of 3,645

Quote:
Ok just discovered my wife has a pristine 80 gig ipod 5G with silicon cover and screen and rear covers since new sitting in her bedside cupboard. So I swapped hers for my 160gig  6th gen.

Rockboxed it and am now listening to "A love Supreme" 73meg flac file

beyersmile.png

room40....  Hmmmm I need an 80GB ipod 5.5g. I am going to modify it to a 240GB and RWA Imod it and you just find one laying around. Man so not fair.

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #220 of 3,645

Quote:
room40....  Hmmmm I need an 80GB ipod 5.5g. I am going to modify it to a 240GB and RWA Imod it and you just find one laying around. Man so not fair.

I know I know.. I couldnt believe it. I knew she had a classic but thought it was a 6th Gen.. when I looked I couldnt believe it! She was happy to swap too as she picked up a 160 gig iPod classic from me.. but even unamped the 5th Gen rockboxed with flac files on my IE8s is noticeably different. 

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #223 of 3,645
Will rockbox uncap any volume restriction imposed on the apple firmware if there is any? I suspect my classic is volume capped somehow. Though its neither US nor European one. I got it from India. The hpo is really really weak in my classic. Say its something like 70% volume of my iphone or shuffle on full blast. Moreover the volume bar seems to respond effectively only between 75% to 100% of its range. Hoping if rockbox can save its hpo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back