iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #527 of 881
Well, then you're lucky (or maybe iOS 9.2 fixed it), because I experienced it and many users of MacRumors forums experienced it.

Maybe...Please keep in mind also that, as you wrote, many of these issues are software dependant, which means that they get resolved with updates. In any case as Arunabha wrote above rather correctly, iPhone 7 will be the most important hardware update, if Apple resolves the audio problem, which I believe they will!

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #528 of 881
I have both near me. My wife disabled touch ID on 6 because of that non existing lag.

Sorry but as you understand I have no reason to lie about something like that, I don't earn any money:)) For one year now I have been using my iPhone 6 with only touch id. Just put code when turning on as asked. No problem at all, never...Maybe there is another problem with her phone, maybe thrown down, maybe some humidity inside...I don't know. I just use my fingerprint and phone opens instantly. Even doing repeatedly works as expected! Maybe 6 plus is of a slower touch id than 6...just guessing...

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #529 of 881
I have both near me. My wife disabled touch ID on 6 because of that non existing lag.

There is also a possibility that her fingerprint has not been accepted fully by the device. There is an initial procedure taking all parts of your print which if not accomplished properly there may always be delays. I recommend to cancel your wife's fingerprint from the device and redo the whole procedure...

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #530 of 881
There is also a possibility that her fingerprint has not been accepted fully by the device. There is an initial procedure taking all parts of your print which if not accomplished properly there may always be delays. I recommend to cancel your wife's fingerprint from the device and redo the whole procedure...

this is getting too much offtopic, but would you post a short video of touch id on 6 in action?
I'm pretty sure we have different sence of 'instant'

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #531 of 881
this is getting too much offtopic, but would you post a short video of touch id on 6 in action?
I'm pretty sure we have different sence of 'instant'

I really don't get you! You just wrote that your wife disabled touch id all together! Do you want me to believe that she disabled a so important feature because she thought it's not so instant as on your phone? We disable something when it's not working, not when we think that it should be some milliseconds of milliseconds faster!! And you write comments on Head Fi which is an audio forum, advertising an audio defective device, according to your own initial post, just because you suppose it has some milliseconds of milliseconds faster touch id??!! OK, what can I say?

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #532 of 881
I really don't get you! You just wrote that your wife disabled touch id all together! Do you want me to believe that she disabled a so important feature because she thought it's not so instant as on your phone? We disable something when it's not working, not when we think that it should be some milliseconds of milliseconds faster!! And you write comments on Head Fi which is an audio forum, advertising an audio defective device, according to your own initial post, just because you suppose it has some milliseconds of milliseconds faster touch id??!! OK, what can I say?

so at audio forum ~1000ms delay can be considered as "instant"?

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #533 of 881
so at audio forum ~1000ms delay can be considered as "instant"?

Her iPhone 6 is problematic and I recommend you to take it to Apple. I invite anyone here with an iPhone 6 to confirm that an iPhone 6 does not get 1000 ms delay when using touch id. It would be quite ridiculous to get 1000 ms delay on that feature! Unbelievable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back