iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 30, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #871 of 881
Maybe check some DAC amps out for yourself in the light of Adu's post. Just make sure that you can return anything that you buy if you hit the problems I did. For example the Dragonfly Red was great with the 6S if it wasn't for the interferenc

Does the Jitterbug solve the RFI problem with the 6S? If so that is a result! I love my Mojo with my old 5S.
Maybe check some DAC amps out for yourself in the light of Adu's post. Just make sure that you can return anything that you buy if you hit the problems I did. For example the Dragonfly Red was great with the 6S if it wasn't for the interference.

Does the Jitterbug solve the RFI problem with the 6S? If so that is a result! I love my Mojo with my old 5S.

Perhaps Jitterbug influence the final sound but my 6S(A1633) it’s dead quiet with Mojo.

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #872 of 881
Perhaps Jitterbug influence the final sound but my 6S(A1633) it’s dead quiet with Mojo.

Can you try your 6s and Mojo without the jitterbug and see if any difference?

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #873 of 881
Can you try your 6s and Mojo without the jitterbug and see if any difference?

Yes, now I confirm that I've made the test with Jitterbug and without it and the sound it's the same with Mojo, dead quiet; I played DSD files, WAV 24/192.

Attachments

• DSCN9041.JPG
    DSCN9041.JPG
    764.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #874 of 881
Yes, now I confirm that I've made the test with Jitterbug and without it and the sound it's the same with Mojo, dead quiet; I played DSD files, WAV 24/192.

Thanks! Good to know...

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #875 of 881
As for the 6s EMI noise present in the headphone output, it can be heard on my partner’s launch day 6s but the unit I just received (2018) is dead silent and has no EMI noise. Both phones are running the latest software. Seems this was fixed on a hardware level behind the scenes in typical Apple fashion.

That said I will add, coming from an iPhone 5 to a 6s I cannot believe how much better the 6s sounds with both my ATH-M50x and SE-535’s. Music is more punchy and enthusiastic. Dynamics are more dramatic and instrument separation is probably the best I have ever heard out of a phone

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #876 of 881
So my lg v20 actually broke. I'm listening to the iphone 6s plus again. Man this puppy sounds superb. I have to ab test but this sounds better than the v series devices. I definitely don't notice a downgrade. It might not have the amplification power but it definitley has the technical details and separation going on. I wish iphone didn't remove the headphone jack as I imagine it would've continued to get better.

My 2015 macbook pro blows the iphone and the v series devices out of the water btw.

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #877 of 881
So my lg v20 actually broke. I'm listening to the iphone 6s plus again. Man this puppy sounds superb. I have to ab test but this sounds better than the v series devices. I definitely don't notice a downgrade. It might not have the amplification power but it definitley has the technical details and separation going on. I wish iphone didn't remove the headphone jack as I imagine it would've continued to get better.

My 2015 macbook pro blows the iphone and the v series devices out of the water btw.
I totally agree. The iPhone 6s Plus has a very good sound quality. In fact, the output power is not particularly high. But it is still sufficient for most headphones under 100 ohms. I've never heard the sound of an LG V series smartphone. But I've had the Shanling q1 dap at home as a test. The sound of the player was disappointing. The ESS sabre didn't convince me.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #878 of 881
I wish iphone didn't remove the headphone jack as I imagine it would've continued to get better.

from what I read online, iphone sound quality had been steadily getting worse after iPhone 4 but somehow even apple's USB dongles are still superior to Samsung dacs

never looked up MacBook dacs as I don't have one, but maybe the extra battery gives it more power

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #879 of 881
from what I read online, iphone sound quality had been steadily getting worse after iPhone 4 but somehow even apple's USB dongles are still superior to Samsung dacs

never looked up MacBook dacs as I don't have one, but maybe the extra battery gives it more power
I own all iPhones up to the iPhone SE 2020. I can say that the sound quality is best with the 6 / 6S plus / SE 2016 models. Compared to the iPhone 4 / 4S, the 6s models sound more voluminous, clearer and have a larger soundstage. overall, however, there is actually no iPhone that sounds really bad.
The thing with the dongles is one of those things. While the dongles are supposed to sound very good on devices in the USA, I can only confirm that they do not sound good in Germany. Measurement results from "heise" also confirm the poorer sound. Obviously there are differences between the dongles. I personally found the sound of the iPhone 7 to be much worse than that of the iPhone 6s plus.
Here is the link to heise‘s article (you can use the automatic translator in left upper corner on iphone):

https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/iPh...apter-liefert-schlechteren-Sound-3325932.html

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #880 of 881
I use the 6 and 6s with hd58x-sounds superb-have to have it near full volume mind but its such a great match.
i think ive hit the endgame early(the budget end of course),,,,,

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #881 of 881
I can only tell from sites that have tested audio quality of phones 4 5 6s and another site that has apple a2049 and said that its better than a lot of desktop dacs

I use my iPhone 6s and have used a iPhone 5 in the past, I also use apple a2049 with bookshelf speakers

recently I bought a lightning dongle because I found out that even if I can add 24bit audio to my iPhone 6s it can only play 16bit

I feel that apple can make better audio products but can't find the excuse to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back