iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #511 of 881
6s 64GB (Finland, Samsung CPU) + Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro = I can hear it:
- unlocking with touch ID
- app switch
- pull notifications panel e.t.c.
- sometimes, even when I touch nothing and just watch at album art in default music app (!)

With screen off - good so far.
So my solution for super quiet tracks is to turn screen off.

Of course, this is disappointing. But not enough to exchange my 6s with 6.
(I went from 5 to 6s, and my wife is happy to exchange her 6 with my 6s )

Why? What's the problem of iPhone 6? What's the real so astonishing difference that you are expecting to see on the 6S which makes you to want it so badly in comparison to 6?? I mean really your remark is so strange since audio is proven to be much better on 6 and the actual differences are minor and insignificant without major improvement in anything on 6S! Or you just like to have the newest iPhone so it's a different case then...

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #512 of 881
Why? What's the problem of iPhone 6? What's the real so astonishing difference that you are expecting to see on the 6S which makes you to want it so badly in comparison to 6?? I mean really your remark is so strange since audio is proven to be much better on 6 and the actual differences are minor and insignificant without major improvement in anything on 6S! Or you just like to have the newest iPhone so it's a different case then...

Admittedly I came from a 5S not 6 but the 6S is an excellent phone. Lightning fast and near instant fingerprint sensor. I have had no issues with the audio and to my ears it sounds excellent. I wouldn't want to be using older technology just because of some intermittent problem under some circumstances. If I was that bothered I would probably go for a separate DAP. YMMV of course.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #513 of 881
I use my iPhone 6S as my primary DAP, but pretty much all my listening is done via my Centrance HiFi-M8 and Ether C headphones. Interesting news for iPhone owners, more speculation that Apple is coming out with hi-res support.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/12/20/apple-high-resolution-audio/

It mentions that there will be a new lightning cable that can extra 24bit audio from the iPhone.

Given Audeze's news re: its new EL-8 Titanium edition that also comes with a special lightning cable allowing 24bit extraction, looks like that's definitely on the horizon.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #514 of 881

If I was to have latest iphone, don't you think, that I could not go from 5 to 6s and live for two years with 'not latest'?

I just like force touch and 2gb of RAM. Both help me using the device more efficiently for work.

And the audio issue I can hear is so minor, that it's not enough to get 6. Although it definetely exists.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #515 of 881
Admittedly I came from a 5S not 6 but the 6S is an excellent phone. Lightning fast and near instant fingerprint sensor. I have had no issues with the audio and to my ears it sounds excellent. I wouldn't want to be using older technology just because of some intermittent problem under some circumstances. If I was that bothered I would probably go for a separate DAP. YMMV of course.

IPhone 6 is lightning fast as well and its fingerprint sensor is 100% instant. I find funny for someone to believe that 6 is old technology but 6s is new:)) Even my 5s was awesome, I just find its screen rather small for my needs, but that's all there is to it!! Try to not swallow that easily the marketing policies!...

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #516 of 881
If I was to have latest iphone, don't you think, that I could not go from 5 to 6s and live for two years with 'not latest'?

I just like force touch and 2gb of RAM. Both help me using the device more efficiently for work.

And the audio issue I can hear is so minor, that it's not enough to get 6. Although it definetely exists.

I don't comment on force touch but I just would like to pass the info that, as mentioned here previously, most probably force touch' bad implementation is the cause of iphone's 6s noisy audio background...In any case if you find it that useful it's up to you! But I would really like to hear what you can do more on just a phone ( I am pointing out that it cannot get the exact uses of a computer due to lack of peripheral connections, small screen etc), with its 2 gb RAM that you could not do on iphone 6. Please pass exact examples with execution time differences for particular aspects between 6 and 6s...

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #517 of 881
6s is new and the most powerful phone to date. But that just doesn't mean 6 is any slouch. In real world scenario all day to day task should be blazing fast in 6. It's true 2 gb ram can make a lot of difference, especially in multitasking and browsing the Web in more than one tab. But other than that there's not a night and day difference between them. 3d touch has a long way to go and by that time iPhone 7 will be available. IPhone 6 is a very good device and I believe will not become obsolete for at least 2 more years.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #518 of 881
IPhone 6 is lightning fast as well and its fingerprint sensor is 100% instant. I find funny for someone to believe that 6 is old technology but 6s is new:)) Even my 5s was awesome, I just find its screen rather small for my needs, but that's all there is to it!! Try to not swallow that easily the marketing policies!...

come on guys. this is about audio. It is really hard to judge sound issues against non-audio features.

we all seem to agree, that CPU noise on 6s is worst ever even though it's rather minor. Apple has a histoty of 'minor' issues, that are worse. remember retina image retention.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #519 of 881
come on guys. this is about audio. It is really hard to judge sound issues against non-audio features.

we all seem to agree, that CPU noise on 6s is worst ever even though it's rather minor. Apple has a histoty of 'minor' issues, that are worse. remember retina image retention.

Exactly! And because of this "minor issue" which to me is major since audio is one of the most important aspects on an iPhone, more important to me than multitasking to 20 open pages in Safari, that's why I recommend the 6 which has no real world difference from 6s plus it's got 100% silent background audio!

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #520 of 881
I don't comment on force touch but I just would like to pass the info that, as mentioned here previously, most probably force touch' bad implementation is the cause of iphone's 6s noisy audio background...In any case if you find it that useful it's up to you! But I would really like to hear what you can do more on just a phone ( I am pointing out that it cannot get the exact uses of a computer due to lack of peripheral connections, small screen etc), with its 2 gb RAM that you could not do on iphone 6. Please pass exact examples with execution time differences for particular aspects between 6 and 6s...

I can have heavy angular application running in safari, and disscuss it in Slack. On one GB safari would reload that tab every now and then. Background SSH terminal is also more stable. Force touch lets me multitask with a swipe.
I don't think many users have that scenario and I'm not trying to say that 6 is a bad phone. Just for me, the audio issue is less important. If I would already have 6, I don't think I would upgrade, even if I did not know abot the CPU hiss.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #521 of 881
Exactly! And because of this "minor issue" which to me is major since audio is one of the most important aspects on an iPhone, more important to me than multitasking to 20 open pages in Safari, that's why I recommend the 6 which has no real world difference from 6s plus it's got 100% silent background audio!

I had the 6 plus and now the 6s Plus. The 6s Plus is a very substantial upgrade over the Plus. It's just faster all around. And the 2GB of RAM means that app state doesn't get reset like the Plus. That means in Kaisertone, when I pause the music and go do five other things, the music is still saved at the same spot, unlike with the Plus. The Tough ID is noticeably faster. The lag caused by the graphics is substantially reduced. The differences, all together, are great.

I feel bad for those of you who insist on using IEMs that you can hear a mosquito fart with, but that problem doesn't affect me and millions of others. The audio quality for me on the 6s is spectacular.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #522 of 881
I can have heavy angular application running in safari, and disscuss it in Slack. On one GB safari would reload that tab every now and then. Background SSH terminal is also more stable. Force touch lets me multitask with a swipe.
I don't think many users have that scenario and I'm not trying to say that 6 is a bad phone. Just for me, the audio issue is less important. If I would already have 6, I don't think I would upgrade, even if I did not know abot the CPU hiss.

Sorry to say but if audio is less important to you than your so realistic example above, then maybe you are in the wrong forum!...

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #524 of 881
I had the 6 plus and now the 6s Plus. The 6s Plus is a very substantial upgrade over the Plus. It's just faster all around. And the 2GB of RAM means that app state doesn't get reset like the Plus. That means in Kaisertone, when I pause the music and go do five other things, the music is still saved at the same spot, unlike with the Plus. The Tough ID is noticeably faster. The lag caused by the graphics is substantially reduced. The differences, all together, are great.

I feel bad for those of you who insist on using IEMs that you can hear a mosquito fart with, but that problem doesn't affect me and millions of others. The audio quality for me on the 6s is spectacular.

Sorry but I think I hear stories here:)) There is no lag of any graphics or any touch id delay on my IPhone 6 64gb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back