iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 18, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #496 of 881
  I'm glad I'm not as picky as some people here about portable audio. I respect that level of commitment, but I suspect much dissatisfaction comes with it, because phone manufacturers are going to be aiming to please mainstream users, not audiophiles.

+1000

I'm glad I did not read this thread before I got my 6s.

Despite all the angst here, it is still the smartphone experience I've ever had with audio.  And I had to overcome a lot of Apple hate to even buy it!

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #501 of 881
Do iPhone's sound vary with region? Many on net says the the US model sounds good but the UK model is bad compared to it. I live in India. But I have no idea what iPhone in India sounds like. I own a previous gen iPad nano. Paired with my sennheiser HD 598se I would say the sound is quite good. The models that come to India are generally imported from China. No idea where they stand. Is there anyone out here who can clarify on this matter?

Thank you.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #502 of 881
Do iPhone's sound vary with region? Many on net says the the US model sounds good but the UK model is bad compared to it. I live in India. But I have no idea what iPhone in India sounds like. I own a previous gen iPad nano. Paired with my sennheiser HD 598se I would say the sound is quite good. The models that come to India are generally imported from China. No idea where they stand. Is there anyone out here who can clarify on this matter?

Thank you.
Hi Arunabha. I think the main difference is that European iPhones have a legally required volume cap whereas US models do not. I have not read of any difference in sound quality other than this. The volume cap has never been an issue for me. I mainly use CIEM's. For my full size at home I do use an amp. HTH.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #503 of 881
Hi Arunabha. I think the main difference is that European iPhones have a legally required volume cap whereas US models do not. I have not read of any difference in sound quality other than this. The volume cap has never been an issue for me. I mainly use CIEM's. For my full size at home I do use an amp. HTH.

My iPod just says volume limit and I can turn it off. Can't you turn off your eu volume limit? Though it is not of much concern to me as I generally listen to music in moderate volume. This do explain why people are saying us iPhone sounds better. Normally to people loud is always better and strangely brain too perceives it that way. Almost no one does a volume match ABX test.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #504 of 881
A
very nice audio blog .. measurements, reviews in a reliable, down to earth tone .. thank you for the link

Actually got to know about that blog from elfary, so thank you elfary.
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #506 of 881
My iPod just says volume limit and I can turn it off. Can't you turn off your eu volume limit? Though it is not of much concern to me as I generally listen to music in moderate volume. This do explain why people are saying us iPhone sounds better. Normally to people loud is always better and strangely brain too perceives it that way. Almost no one does a volume match ABX test.

There are two levels of volume cap on the EU iPhone. One user defeat able. The other fixed.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #508 of 881
What is the function or advantages of the user defeat able one if it is already fixed?
It seems only UK has the volume cap. It means all other iPhone are similar.... I guess..

The defeat able limiter is lower than the fixed.
I guess you could use it to prevent a child from blasting it's ears. Or if you are a very concerned adult.
Like you I care about my hearing and don't listen very loud so a non issue for me.

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #509 of 881
6s 64GB (Finland, Samsung CPU) + Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro = I can hear it:
- unlocking with touch ID
- app switch
- pull notifications panel e.t.c.
- sometimes, even when I touch nothing and just watch at album art in default music app (!)

With screen off - good so far.
So my solution for super quiet tracks is to turn screen off.

Of course, this is disappointing. But not enough to exchange my 6s with 6.
(I went from 5 to 6s, and my wife is happy to exchange her 6 with my 6s )

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #510 of 881
  6s 64GB (Finland, Samsung CPU) + Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro = I can hear it:
- unlocking with touch ID
- app switch
- pull notifications panel e.t.c.
- sometimes, even when I touch nothing and just watch at album art in default music app (!)

With screen off - good so far.
So my solution for super quiet tracks is to turn screen off.

Of course, this is disappointing. But not enough to exchange my 6s with 6.
(I went from 5 to 6s, and my wife is happy to exchange her 6 with my 6s )

That's really a shame that the problem still exist. I'm ordering the  iPhone 6S+ again because the battery is getting bad of my iPhone 5S. 

Guess I'll just have to accept this defect on the iPhone 6S+. I hope that I will get a TSMC iPhone 6S+ again because the TSMC iPhone 6S+ I had previously had amazing battery life, even under heavy usage such as playing heavy 3D games. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back