iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 22, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #559 of 881
Of course a FEW people are experiencing this, I'm not denying it but IMHO there is a tremendous over-reaction
and influencing potential buyers away from what I (and the vast majority out there) experience as the best iPhone yet
and one of the very best smart phones on the planet today.

I have the iPhone 6s Plus and it sounds tremendous, no complaints and no mosquito fart noise,
no buzzing, no issues when using my headphones (Grado over the ears).

WhatHifi has proclaimed the iPhone 6S Plus among the best smartphone audio available,
better than the 6 Plus, and I agree.

Anyone who argues that the 6S isn't a HUGE upgrade from the 6 is speaking from bias or ignorance IMHO.

The 6s has a much faster engine, pure and simple - cpu, graphics, wifi, twice the RAM (it IS important!),
4K video!!!! The 6S Plus is noticeably smoother than the 6 Plus (just try rotating the home screen).

This is the BIGGEST S upgrade since iPhones began! ...how could you miss that?

Anandtech review:   http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/15

No, it's not perfect...there's always room for improvement and vigilance about weaknesses is  a good
thing as long as it's kept in perspective. 

I'm 100% satisfied with the 6s Plus, as an audiophile and day to day user.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #560 of 881
If you have sensitive IEM's you may well hear a problem. If your 'phones are not very sensitive you will not. Maybe this thread has run its course?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #561 of 881
Well, the new iPhone 6S+ makes noises too. Not sure if the noizes are more than my previous unit. I'll have to test it in a few Apple store tomorrow to see if this unit is worse than the others. 

The bad news is, it's a Samsung phone. My luck. 
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #562 of 881
I personally think iPhone 6s's audio issue is not a quality control issue. I believe it is deeply associated with the hardware decisions apple made. The motherboard is more compact in 6s. Even the battery is shrunk to make room for the 3d touch. Apple is not a naive company and I believe apple is aware of this buzzing issue from the beginning. I believe it's feasible that Apple too decided to go with this hardware knowing a very small portion of customer base would be affected. I haven't used iPhone 6s myself but I know this that 6s is a great device and currently the reigning king.

It's only a guess but I think apple is omitting the headphone jack in 7 partially due to this shielding issue. Maybe providing an external dac adapter that would help to get a crystal clear audio output. Just my thought..

P.s. I believe thinner profile is not much of a cause. Ipod touch or Ipod nano is way thinner and yet has this jack. And anything thinner than iPad nano is just absurd.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #563 of 881
Sorry, maybe I don't use my iPhone that heavily so I may not be aware, but I don't get this Safari reloading argument. Many times I have 5-6 tabs open on my IPhone 6 and I can scroll across, check one tab, visiting another, going back to the previous one, without problems or delays. I didn't realize whether it's reloading or not, but I never missed the page I was visiting on each particular tab. Maybe I don't understand what you mean though...

Yea, it's really overkill but it happens. I doubt it's a concern for most users (like this EMI noise lol). Say you have head-fi open and like 10 other tabs because you were say opening different items from an online store into separate tabs. Then you start to type a response into the head-fi mobile site. Stop for a second because you need to check another tab. Go back into the head-fi tab and it reloads because the system was trying to free up memory and you lose whatever you typed in. Frustrating to say the least.

On the 6S, it rarely happens, even if I have like 20, or however many the max number of, tabs open.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #565 of 881
Apple is claiming a way better audio quality through the lightning port.

Maybe iPhone 7 would be the ideal iPhone for us..

That's why people use an external dac + amp for hi-res audio with the iPhone? Don't need the iPhone 7 for that. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #567 of 881

That's why people use an external dac + amp for hi-res audio with the iPhone? Don't need the iPhone 7 for that. 

Yeah I think Apple is probably going to offer a dac/amp add-on to get in on that business.  But to pair that with their Beats headphones?  ew.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense as lightning is a digital port, and it's not directly comparable to their headphone out.  Look for iPhone 7 to bring an external dac/amp option with the ability to play hi-res music which will coincidentally be offered through Apple music.  Then we won't have to use the Onkyo player anymore.  I hope they don't make something as ugly as their add on battery pack.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #568 of 881
Yeah I think Apple is probably going to offer a dac/amp add-on to get in on that business.  But to pair that with their Beats headphones?  ew.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense as lightning is a digital port, and it's not directly comparable to their headphone out.  Look for iPhone 7 to bring an external dac/amp option with the ability to play hi-res music which will coincidentally be offered through Apple music.  Then we won't have to use the Onkyo player anymore.  I hope they don't make something as ugly as their add on battery pack.  

You are behind in the Beats matter. Check the reviews and critics. Solo2 is one of the best headphones in its category. Old Beats are gone anymore and new line has got a really high SQ.

Of course Apple Music will offer the hi-res files alternative, and don't worry, Apple does not produce ugly things...IPhone 7 will be perfect, I am quite sure about that...

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #569 of 881
You are behind in the Beats matter. Check the reviews and critics. Solo2 is one of the best headphones in its category. Old Beats are gone anymore and new line has got a really high SQ.

Of course Apple Music will offer the hi-res files alternative, and don't worry, Apple does not produce ugly things...IPhone 7 will be perfect, I am quite sure about that...

Sure, but do you have a pair of the Solo2?  To even worry about hi-res, you need to go to basically TOTL headphones.  I've tried many times and can't tell the difference (same master).  

Apple usually doesn't produce ugly items.  But have you seen the battery case?  
http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/apple-iphone-smart-battery-extender-case/

I use an iPhone btw, partly because I like how it looks.  Mainly because the battery life is superior.  Both Android and Apple both make great mobile OSs now.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #570 of 881
Sure, but do you have a pair of the Solo2?  To even worry about hi-res, you need to go to basically TOTL headphones.  I've tried many times and can't tell the difference (same master).  

Apple usually doesn't produce ugly items.  But have you seen the battery case?  
http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/apple-iphone-smart-battery-extender-case/

I use an iPhone btw, partly because I like how it looks.  Mainly because the battery life is superior.  Both Android and Apple both make great mobile OSs now.  

Yes I have got a pair of Solo2 and it's one of my all time favorite HPs. No I had not seen that battery case. I cannot comment on Android because I've never had another "smartphone", just iPhone!...I have been psychologically attached to Apple for the last 10 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back