iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,606 of 1,973
Aug 11, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #1,607 of 1,973

Bit the bullet and got Kaisertone app. Very impressed with the quality and definitely a serious step up from Onkyo HD.
Not to discredit Onkyo HD but with my Westone UM-Pro50 I can also attest to better layering, better soundstage and tighter punchier bass. Vocals are very smooth and detailed yet warm enough. Overall better definition in sound.
Very pleased. The EQ options are endless but I don't even need it playing everything flat. Using iMazing on OSX to transfer flac files to the iPhone. Too bad it doesn't allow streaming from Tidal etc. But I'm not complaining ^_^

I was going to get the KaiserTone Audioplayer but as soon as I saw how they advertise the app in the Appstore with Nickelback cover art, I immediately decided to stay with Neutron. 

Don't judge a book by its cover :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #1,608 of 1,973

Does anybody know if the iPhone 6+ uses full bits when you're using it with a HP directly plugged with volume not maxed out?

In other words, does its DAC deliver full bits to the amp section withiut being affected by the amp volume?

Well, without an oscilloscope no one will can tell. 

I would guess it uses a digital volume, since their priority is space in the design.

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,609 of 1,973
I would guess it uses a digital volume, since their priority is space in the design.

If it's digital volume is it sure to assume only max volume is full bits? There are desktop DACs that use digital volume but always puts out full bits, right? (Not sure)

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,610 of 1,973
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread but I have just started to use the "late night" EQ setting on the 6 and it sounds noticeably louder with no loss in dynamics ...btw I have a uk volume caped phone.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,611 of 1,973
Hy guy's ,
The kaisertone app is renewed and it sounds better than ever . It was in my opinion already the best sounding EQ for the iPhone 6 ,better than the onkyo app ,but it is now mind blowing. Just want to share.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #1,613 of 1,973
How is Kaisertone different from Neutron or CanOpener? Does it sound better than Neutron, which I think is the best sounding player app I have? Any comparisons?

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #1,614 of 1,973
I definitely found Kaisertone superior to neutron and Onkyo HF player. Better definition, better extension in lower and higher frequencies, more power and cleaner but without losing warmth. neutron seems to add some ringing to the higher mids causing listening fatigue. I've been using Kaisertone for a month now and I can confirm that the latest update took it a notch up. Very pleased with it using Westone UM-Pro 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #1,616 of 1,973
Different player apps use different sound engines. That's where the difference is.
There is a nice synergy with the iPhone 6 series and the AQS-V engine that Kaisertone employs.
Neutron has similar dynamics and extension but I found it added some ringing in the mid highs.
That's what made me look for other apps that are capable of playing FLAC files.
I never use EQ so always play my music flat.

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #1,617 of 1,973
Thanks smaragd! 
Your inputs combined with that I see, that Kaisertone stopped using Nickleback in their preview photos in the App store...... time to give it a try! :wink:

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,618 of 1,973
With all the KaiserTone praise i went ahead and purchased it. The sound quality is awesome via my 6+, but i have one major issue thus far. I cannot get playlists, albums etc to automatically advance to the next track. I manually have to press the forward button. Am i missing something? Is there an option or button i need to select in order for it to do this automatically?

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,619 of 1,973
With all the KaiserTone praise i went ahead and purchased it. The sound quality is awesome via my 6+, but i have one major issue thus far. I cannot get playlists, albums etc to automatically advance to the next track. I manually have to press the forward button. Am i missing something? Is there an option or button i need to select in order for it to do this automatically?

Go to settings, general and toggle on "song selections with shuffle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back