iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Jul 22, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,591 of 1,973
Anyone else using the Kaisertone music player? Currently using the Onkyo HD player for flac files and contemplating Kaisertone reading somewhere that it's adding a bit more depth and layering, but can't find the review right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #1,593 of 1,973
On the same subject, does anyone know if spotify / tidal streaming services can be played through the Kaisertone app, can't find any reviews on this either..
That would be nice , but it is unfortunaly not possible. However the app is a perfect match with the iPhone 6+ and it sounds wonderful with my Sennheiser IE 800 . I' very happy with it . I have also the Onkyo app but barely use it anymore , for me the Kaisertone app sounds better. It opens up the music ,more space ,better definition of the instruments and a tighter bass The Kaisertone app has also a 30 band equalizer and more fine tune possibilities. The Kaisertone app is in my configuration perfect and. more appealing than the Onkyo app . This off course is my personal opinion You should give it a try

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,594 of 1,973
On the same subject, does anyone know if spotify / tidal streaming services can be played through the Kaisertone app, can't find any reviews on this either..

The only app that will play Spotify that I have found is SpotEQ. It doesn't affect SQ except that it has a much better EQ than Spotify. It also alphabetises playlists. Which Spotify does not!?!

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,595 of 1,973
That would be nice , but it is unfortunaly not possible. However the app is a perfect match with the iPhone 6+ and it sounds wonderful with my Sennheiser IE 800 . I' very happy with it . I have also the Onkyo app but barely use it anymore , for me the Kaisertone app sounds better. It opens up the music ,more space ,better definition of the instruments and a tighter bass The Kaisertone app has also a 30 band equalizer and more fine tune possibilities. The Kaisertone app is in my configuration perfect and. more appealing than the Onkyo app . This off course is my personal opinion You should give it a try
Thanks for that. I use a pair of se846's with my iPhone, although I love them the soundstage isn't the largest, so I'm looking forward to giving this a try.... Great info

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #1,596 of 1,973

Bit the bullet and got Kaisertone app. Very impressed with the quality and definitely a serious step up from Onkyo HD.
Not to discredit Onkyo HD but with my Westone UM-Pro50 I can also attest to better layering, better soundstage and tighter punchier bass. Vocals are very smooth and detailed yet warm enough. Overall better definition in sound.
Very pleased. The EQ options are endless but I don't even need it playing everything flat. Using iMazing on OSX to transfer flac files to the iPhone. Too bad it doesn't allow streaming from Tidal etc. But I'm not complaining ^_^

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,598 of 1,973
I recently bought a secondhand iPod Touch 5G and to be honest the sound quality on my iPhone 6 Plus is much better. The soundstage and bass is better on the 6 Plus than the iPod Touch 5G. I find the sound quality and soundstage of the Touch 5G disappointing. I'm in the process of buying the new iPod Touch 6G and hopefully the sound quality on that is on par with the 6 Plus or better.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,599 of 1,973
I recently bought a secondhand iPod Touch 5G and to be honest the sound quality on my iPhone 6 Plus is much better. The soundstage and bass is better on the 6 Plus than the iPod Touch 5G. I find the sound quality and soundstage of the Touch 5G disappointing. I'm in the process of buying the new iPod Touch 6G and hopefully the sound quality on that is on par with the 6 Plus or better.

Yeah, it's not that great. Why they measure good and doesn't sound that good is beyond me.

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,600 of 1,973

Bit the bullet and got Kaisertone app. Very impressed with the quality and definitely a serious step up from Onkyo HD.
Not to discredit Onkyo HD but with my Westone UM-Pro50 I can also attest to better layering, better soundstage and tighter punchier bass. Vocals are very smooth and detailed yet warm enough. Overall better definition in sound.
Very pleased. The EQ options are endless but I don't even need it playing everything flat. Using iMazing on OSX to transfer flac files to the iPhone. Too bad it doesn't allow streaming from Tidal etc. But I'm not complaining ^_^

I was going to get the KaiserTone Audioplayer but as soon as I saw how they advertise the app in the Appstore with Nickelback cover art, I immediately decided to stay with Neutron. 

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,601 of 1,973
  any iphone 6 and Touch 6G comparisons yet?

I just picked up the 16 Gig Touch 6G yesterday intending to use it as a source for Apple Music. I didn't have any pocket portable Apple device other than my phone that was new enough to run iOS 8.4 so the touch is a good idea for me.

It has a distinctly different sound signature than both my 6+ or iPad Air 2 and I am surprised to find it is considerably superior for music playback IMHO than either of those two devices. It seems to be more musical and lush, while possessing the same detail. It's as if they tried to marry the Wolfson and Cirrus sounds in one package and I really like it.

I plan on trying it out today with some different phones and see where that goes, but so far I am really pleased. 

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,602 of 1,973
I just picked up the 16 Gig Touch 6G yesterday intending to use it as a source for Apple Music. I didn't have any pocket portable Apple device other than my phone that was new enough to run iOS 8.4 so the touch is a good idea for me.

It has a distinctly different sound signature than both my 6+ or iPad Air 2 and I am surprised to find it is considerably superior for music playback IMHO than either of those two devices. It seems to be more musical and lush, while possessing the same detail. It's as if they tried to marry the Wolfson and Cirrus sounds in one package and I really like it.

I plan on trying it out today with some different phones and see where that goes, but so far I am really pleased. 
please do let us know when you'll be able to test it with other headphones, am really curious on the sound quality. if it's better than the 5th gen iTouch and iPhone 6 then am off to the Apple Store right away.

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,603 of 1,973
 any iphone 6 and Touch 6G comparisons yet?

I It seems to be more musical and lush, while possessing the same detail. It's as if they tried to marry the Wolfson and Cirrus sounds in one package and I really like it.

I . 
sounds similar to what i found comparing the Touch 5G to the Touch 6G. Good to hear some else is hearing what i thought i did :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766380/apple-touch-6g-128gb-info-and-impressions-5g-vs-6g/30#post_11784443

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,604 of 1,973
Does anybody know if the iPhone 6+ uses full bits when you're using it with a HP directly plugged with volume not maxed out?

In other words, does its DAC deliver full bits to the amp section withiut being affected by the amp volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back