iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Oct 26, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,966 of 1,973
I'm going to buy fiio e12. Can fiio e12 really improve the sound quality ? i'm mostly using iem ( e12a is too expensive to me )  

Just wait for an A5 which will be cheaper than E12A (by about $30). But with IEMs you're better off with HO, E12 is pretty powerful and you're going to hear the noise floor if they're sensitive.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #1,967 of 1,973
hey guys need some info about neutron and iphone.   

I'm a heavy eq user and love neutron on my android, but i've switch to a iphone 6s for my dedicated player.  I'm wondering is it easy to put FLAC  into neutron?  I'm using onkyo hf right now and its pretty much drag n' drop inside itunes.  is it the same with neutron?

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,968 of 1,973
Hi everyone 
Just thought I post a surprising re-discovery yesterday. I was digging around in my man cave storage bins and found my old M2Tech Hiface 2 USB dac - it is a USB thumbstick device. I stuck on a Canon adapter and then into my Iphone 6s. Thought I can do 128DSD - 5.6 Mhz (which the Hiface 2 can do on DOP on a PC) but no success. Just high frequency hiss, No music. Downed it to 192 kHz PCM --- Hey beautiful upsampled PCM music in glorious 192 kHz. It is much more portable than my iDSD micro.
But you have to use iAudiogate IOS music player. Neutron and onkyo hf player - not compatible.

Good Listening everyone.
Ooh Battery drains quite fast. So keep a battery pack for the iphone handy if you are out and about.

Sep 1, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #1,971 of 1,973
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,973 of 1,973
Thank you!

Rockwell's measurements are likely accurate, and the iPhone 6S's headphone output is excellent -
still a Mojo (or equivalent) is an obviously big upgrade assuming your headphone's are capable of revealing the difference,
so his cynical view that an outboard DAC is unlikely to improve the sound and that any assertions
that it will is only to support the advertisers is an exaggeration....I would say b.s.....
., (as his assertion in another review that a Grado SR80E's sound is indistinguishable from an SR325e's if the pads from the 325 are put on the 80e...yeah sure).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back