iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Oct 16, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,952 of 1,973
Been using the lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter cable (the same cable that comes standard with the iPhone 7) for a week now and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome. My Westone Um-Pro50 sound more dynamic and the bass more controlled through this adapter cable compared with the iPhone 6plus headphone output... anyone experiencing the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,953 of 1,973
Been using the lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter cable (the same cable that comes standard with the iPhone 7) for a week now and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome. My Westone Um-Pro50 sound more dynamic and the bass more controlled through this adapter cable compared with the iPhone 6plus headphone output... anyone experiencing the same ?

I thought that when I tried it with my 6S yesterday but thought it may be placebo! Time will tell. :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,954 of 1,973
I could (and still can) clearly hear the difference when swapping between both... from the headphones out the Mid bass is a bit more elevated and muddy... dynamics a bit more recessed...

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,955 of 1,973
I could (and still can) clearly hear the difference when swapping between both... from the headphones out the Mid bass is a bit more elevated and muddy... dynamics a bit more recessed...

Not a bad upgrade for £9. Ehh? :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,956 of 1,973
I have been holding back from upgrading to iOS 10 my iPhone 6 but when i give in the dongle is gonna get plenty of playback time as it fits like a glove to my SE846s.

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,958 of 1,973
I have been holding back from upgrading to iOS 10 my iPhone 6 but when i give in the dongle is gonna get plenty of playback time as it fits like a glove to my SE846s.

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm

I wouldn't worry about upgrading to iOS 10, unless you have important apps that don't work with 10. For me this has been the smoothest iOS update ever - nothing appears to be broken, and if anything my devices with iOS 10 seem a tad more responsive than they were with iOS 9, and with no noticeable loss in battery life.

I dislike the removal of "Swipe to Unlock" as the home button has been the first thing to fail on around half the iOS devices that I've owned, but I've got around that using the assistive touch option to give me a virtual home button. Other than that iOS 10 has been absolutely fine with everything.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,959 of 1,973
I wouldn't worry about upgrading to iOS 10, unless you have important apps that don't work with 10. For me this has been the smoothest iOS update ever - nothing appears to be broken, and if anything my devices with iOS 10 seem a tad more responsive than they were with iOS 9, and with no noticeable loss in battery life.

I dislike the removal of "Swipe to Unlock" as the home button has been the first thing to fail on around half the iOS devices that I've owned, but I've got around that using the assistive touch option to give me a virtual home button. Other than that iOS 10 has been absolutely fine with everything.

Apple offers a temporary workaround if home button fails on iPhone 7.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/15/apple-workaround-home-button-fails-iphone-7/

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #1,961 of 1,973
Sorry if this is OT.Can anyone point me to a thread that addresses the SQ of the iPhone 7?

This is really the main thread on the iPhone 7 - http://www.head-fi.org/t/794101/iphone-7-will-revolutionize-portable-audio-for-the-first-time-in-a-decade/1080#post_12948963.

That said the iPhone 7's sound quality is highly dependent on what DAC/Amp you use with it (either the supplied lightning to HP adapter, or something else), as it's lightning only - no HP jack, but you already knew that, didn't you.

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,962 of 1,973
Sorry if this is OT.Can anyone point me to a thread that addresses the SQ of the iPhone 7?

This thread has become something of a de facto iPhone 7 dongle sound quality thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794101/iphone-7-will-revolutionize-portable-audio-for-the-first-time-in-a-decade

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,963 of 1,973
This is really the main thread on the iPhone 7 - http://www.head-fi.org/t/794101/iphone-7-will-revolutionize-portable-audio-for-the-first-time-in-a-decade/1080#post_12948963.

That said the iPhone 7's sound quality is highly dependent on what DAC/Amp you use with it (either the supplied lightning to HP adapter, or something else), as it's lightning only - no HP jack, but you already knew that, didn't you.

The dongle doesn't seem like a problem to use. Unless you want to use an external battery while listening.

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,965 of 1,973
  I'm going to buy fiio e12. Can fiio e12 really improve the sound quality ? i'm mostly using iem ( e12a is too expensive to me )  

I'm going to buy fiio e12. Can fiio e12 really improve the sound quality ? i'm mostly using iem ( e12a is too expensive to me )  

For amping iems the iPhone is fine on its own. And now you can even choose between the headphone out or the dongle (for ideal output impedance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back