Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
May 12, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,616 of 4,830

A lot of questions x) well i did a write up of my impressions when i bought the deltas (link). I did my best describing the sound. On that same thread you'll find some graphs of the delta too (link), when @Brooko measured them. They helped me a lot.

Since there are too many filters, it's difficult to find a specific IEM of mine that match these (the filters really change it a lot), specially because the only hybrid I have now is the xiaomi hybrid and it's completely different since the xiaomi had a really laid back treble. I had the DN1000 but it was a long time ago and i remember that i complained a lot about sibilance, it doesn't happen with the deltas.

About the crossovers, Bob said this:

This is for the master 6 of course.

The master 4 is on pre-order now, the only one who can probably help you is either Bob or one of the headfiers who helped tuning it.

I hope i helped a little 
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Oh i almost forgot, this seems important too, since you're checking both delta and master 4. In a question that mentioned how were the master 4 compared to the deltas, here's the answer:

I read your review and asked you some questions about it in the same thread! Haha. Didn't realize it was the same person who responded to my question in that thread. I hope I'm not annoying you so much. There really aren't that many DeltaV2 reviews on the internet. I'm curious but at the same time very apprehensive because of my past experience with hybrids.

Thank you for the link to Brooko's impressions. I'll probably wait some more for detailed reviews since there's like thirty days until the preorder discount ends.

The discussion on crossovers was also very useful too, although I can't really understand what he's saying or how it works in technical terms. But hey as long as it sounds good right!

May 12, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,617 of 4,830

I read your review and asked you some questions about it in the same thread! Haha. Didn't realize it was the same person who responded to my question in that thread. I hope I'm not annoying you so much. There really aren't that many DeltaV2 reviews on the internet. I'm curious but at the same time very apprehensive because of my past experience with hybrids.

Thank you for the link to Brooko's impressions. I'll probably wait some more for detailed reviews since there's like thirty days until the preorder discount ends.

The discussion on crossovers was also very useful too, although I can't really understand what he's saying or how it works in technical terms. But hey as long as it sounds good right!

Omg i didn't notice it was you either, so so sorry 
biggrin.gif
. Not being annoying at all, i'm always happy to help.

About the crossovers, if i understood correctly every driver is tuned in a way that it only reproduces the frequency that is supposed to, instead of having a crossover that sends the correct signal for each driver. This could be wrong of course.
I'm sure they will sound good though 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #3,618 of 4,830
I placed an order for the new Delta yesterday.  Can't wait.   It hits all the marks for me:

a hybrid IEM to complement my BA-only custom, 
 a mic to handle phone calls 
detachable cable at this price point which is unheard of 
tuning filters so I can get the exact sound sig I want.
doesn't break the bank

It may sound like a tall order, but if I can get something with a treble that is less rolled off than my neutral 64 Audio V6, then I will be happy.   Everytime I listen to my HD800 and then put on my V6, I am stunned by how much treble detail is missing in the v6.  It's amazing, there are two dedicated BAs for the high frequencies, and yet they sound rolled off at the top.  Similar to Sennheiser HD 650.   In fact, all the single BA driver IEMs I have listened to have more treble detail than my 6 driver V6.  Part of that is the fact that they are  CIEM, and i have to hold them in my ear canal a certain way or else certain frequencies get cut off.   

I listen to a lot of classical, and I need a IEM (never doing CIEMs again) that doesn't subdue the highs for me.  I suspect that having a single BA design for the mids and highs will actually help, if my old Etymotics were any indication.   And the tuning filters will help me get it just right.  And since I also listen to alot of bass-heavy electronic and rap, the dynamic driver for the lows will be a game-changer for me.   Can't wait for them to come in.  

May 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3,620 of 4,830
  was going to buy Master 4. but from the replies here, seems like Master 6 is the only thing worth going for........in a dilemma now....

any thoughts?

Well "the only thing worth going for" line is kind of stout
redface.gif
I happen to love my Trinity's at all the price points so far, I love my Techne's but also having Phonaks I get the metal body with the Techne
wink_face.gif
I've pretty much made up my mind to send my Delta V1 back for trade in pounds that I can just apply towards a 4, I have no doubt the 4 will sound better than the Sabre although everyone may not think so (that subjectivity thing again). They have basically proven to me they know what they are doing in the iem business and I trust they'll keep offering the best of the best for less (I mean that in price ranges)
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #3,621 of 4,830

Well "the only thing worth going for" line is kind of stout
redface.gif
I happen to love my Trinity's at all the price points so far, I love my Techne's but also having Phonaks I get the metal body with the Techne
wink_face.gif
I've pretty much made up my mind to send my Delta V1 back for trade in pounds that I can just apply towards a 4, I have no doubt the 4 will sound better than the Sabre although everyone may not think so (that subjectivity thing again). They have basically proven to me they know what they are doing in the iem business and I trust they'll keep offering the best of the best for less (I mean that in price ranges)
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Yeah, this really is one of those "do what your budget allows" sort of things. Cuz with Trinity's IEMs, you're bound to get some of the best sound you can in any given price bracket.

May 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,622 of 4,830
was going to buy Master 4. but from the replies here, seems like Master 6 is a good bargain that one must not missed........in a dilemma now....

any thoughts?

There is no doubt since the Master 6 has 6 drivers it will sound better but only you will know if the extra cost is worth it.

Personally based on the price I think the master 4 is a steal as well

I'm sure you will not be disappointed in anyway with either choice.

May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #3,623 of 4,830
There is no doubt since the Master 6 has 6 drivers it will sound better but only you will know if the extra cost is worth it.

Personally based on the price I think the master 4 is a steal as well

I'm sure you will not be disappointed in anyway with either choice.

Well, the Phantom Master 6 isn't necessarily gonna be better because it has more drivers, but rather because that Bob's using those drivers the right way.

Agreed though that I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of which one you choose.

May 13, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,624 of 4,830
Well, the Phantom Master 6 isn't necessarily gonna be better because it has more drivers, but rather because that Bob's using those drivers the right way.

Agreed though that I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of which one you choose.

Good point and my mistake for not being more clear, your 100% correct. Parts alone don't make a product.

Bob's design description sounds fantastic on the Master 6(as well as Master 4). The description alone draws one to appreciate the detail it puts into these IEMs.

May 13, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,625 of 4,830
Well "the only thing worth going for" line is kind of stout:xf_eek: I happen to love my Trinity's at all the price points so far, I love my Techne's but also having Phonaks I get the metal body with the Techne:wink_face: I've pretty much made up my mind to send my Delta V1 back for trade in pounds that I can just apply towards a 4, I have no doubt the 4 will sound better than the Sabre although everyone may not think so (that subjectivity thing again). They have basically proven to me they know what they are doing in the iem business and I trust they'll keep offering the best of the best for less (I mean that in price ranges):bigsmile_face:
:beerchug:

Does the trade-in program include the 4?

May 13, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,626 of 4,830
Does the trade-in program include the 4?

not according to the trinity site.

What products can you upgrade too? [sic]
  1. Trinity Atlas
  2. Trinity Delta V II 

May 14, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,627 of 4,830
Posting newbie here (although I have been reading Head-fi periodically for a couple of years I never bothered to join).  

Have spent several years poking around looking for good quality earbuds for a price I could afford and have bought some pretty decent earbuds and headphones and some not so good ones along the way.  By no means an audiophile, I do not have component DACs and/or Amps but just listen to music on my iPhone 6 at home, walking around, and at work.  And at that, it's mostly streaming music. 

Anyway, just wanted to take a moment to say that the people that post on Head-fi are awesomely helpful (for the most part) and I have learned a lot lurking here.  Some of you people are bat$hit crazy with how much money you spend on audio gear 
biggrin.gif
 but its cool to find people so passionate about their hobby without being jerkwads about it.

So why post on this particular forum?  Since I'm an old guy, I don't even remember how I first heard about Trinity.  May have been a post from Brooko (another unbelievably generous contributor), but anyway, somehow I ended up here.   And I started out thinking that BobTrinity is one of the coolest people I've never met.  It's just brilliant that he is so committed to making exceptional quality earbuds at an affordable price and the time he spends on these boards answering questions and bantering with other members amazes me.  But since then, I've come to the realization he is just like the local drug dealer...

First, he offers a smoking good deal on the Delta V1.  After hearing how good they were I had to buy two more as gifts (godson and his brother) but that would be it because I only have 2 ears and Christmas was over.  Well, okay, maybe Atlas because I was hoping to start working out (I'm still hoping to) but of course they turned out to be even better than the Delta V1 with more filters and replaceable cables.   Definitely done this time because with home-and-away buds I was completely set, so naturally, Bob just happened to show up with another limited-time offer and I had no real choice but to upgrade to the Delta V2.   At least this time there was some relief cash-wise because Trinity offers an excellent trade-in program.   Or so I hear, because unfortunately when the Delta V2s arrived I made the small miscalculation of letting my wife try the Delta V1s.  So much for the trade-in as now I can't get them out of her ears long enough to box them up and send them back.  

I knew I would be strong enough to resist the Master 4s though.  After all, given my relatively poor audio source I wouldn't be able to hear any difference between them and the Delta V2s would I?  Uh huh, along comes "crack dealer Bob" with "they're like the Delta V2s on steroids" and dammit, now I just have to have another hit.  But there's no way I'm ever going to let him talk me into his heroin, the Master 6.   Is there??

Anyway, it's back to lurking for me as I know less about audio equipment than just about every member of Head-fi so have nothing useful to add.  Just wanted to say thanks to the community, and warn you all to stay away from Bob as he is evil and will keep selling amazing products and providing outstanding customer service until he has extracted every last dollar from your wallet.  And if you are like me, you will be powerless to resist...
beerchug.gif

May 14, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #3,628 of 4,830
Posting newbie here (although I have been reading Head-fi periodically for a couple of years I never bothered to join).  

Have spent several years poking around looking for good quality earbuds for a price I could afford and have bought some pretty decent earbuds and headphones and some not so good ones along the way.  By no means an audiophile, I do not have component DACs and/or Amps but just listen to music on my iPhone 6 at home, walking around, and at work.  And at that, it's mostly streaming music. 

Anyway, just wanted to take a moment to say that the people that post on Head-fi are awesomely helpful (for the most part) and I have learned a lot lurking here.  Some of you people are bat$hit crazy with how much money you spend on audio gear :D  but its cool to find people so passionate about their hobby without being jerkwads about it.

So why post on this particular forum?  Since I'm an old guy, I don't even remember how I first heard about Trinity.  May have been a post from Brooko (another unbelievably generous contributor), but anyway, somehow I ended up here.   And I started out thinking that BobTrinity is one of the coolest people I've never met.  It's just brilliant that he is so committed to making exceptional quality earbuds at an affordable price and the time he spends on these boards answering questions and bantering with other members amazes me.  But since then, I've come to the realization he is just like the local drug dealer...

First, he offers a smoking good deal on the Delta V1.  After hearing how good they were I had to buy two more as gifts (godson and his brother) but that would be it because I only have 2 ears and Christmas was over.  Well, okay, maybe Atlas because I was hoping to start working out (I'm still hoping to) but of course they turned out to be even better than the Delta V1 with more filters and replaceable cables.   Definitely done this time because with home-and-away buds I was completely set, so naturally, Bob just happened to show up with another limited-time offer and I had no real choice but to upgrade to the Delta V2.   At least this time there was some relief cash-wise because Trinity offers an excellent trade-in program.   Or so I hear, because unfortunately when the Delta V2s arrived I made the small miscalculation of letting my wife try the Delta V1s.  So much for the trade-in as now I can't get them out of her ears long enough to box them up and send them back.  

I knew I would be strong enough to resist the Master 4s though.  After all, given my relatively poor audio source I wouldn't be able to hear any difference between them and the Delta V2s would I?  Uh huh, along comes "crack dealer Bob" with "they're like the Delta V2s on steroids" and dammit, now I just have to have another hit.  But there's no way I'm ever going to let him talk me into his heroin, the Master 6.   Is there??

Anyway, it's back to lurking for me as I know less about audio equipment than just about every member of Head-fi so have nothing useful to add.  Just wanted to say thanks to the community, and warn you all to stay away from Bob as he is evil and will keep selling amazing products and providing outstanding customer service until he has extracted every last dollar from your wallet.  And if you are like me, you will be powerless to resist...

Lol, best description of Trinity Audio ever. :D

May 14, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #3,629 of 4,830

Anyway, just wanted to take a moment to say that the people that post on Head-fi are awesomely helpful (for the most part) and I have learned a lot lurking here.  Some of you people are bat$hit crazy with how much money you spend on audio gear :D  but its cool to find people so passionate about their hobby without being jerkwads about it.

Your brought one massive smile to my face and giggling to myself as i read that.

I solemly swear to stop making new iems after the announced master series for a while............well maybe 2 more things :wink:

Enjoy your Trinity opiates :D

Much love from your resident audio Junkie

Bob

May 14, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #3,630 of 4,830
Your brought one massive smile to my face and giggling to myself as i read that.

I solemly swear to stop making new iems after the announced master series for a while............well maybe 2 more things :wink:

Enjoy your Trinity opiates :D

Much love from your resident audio Junkie

Bob

Omg. Your doing it again us!!!

Keep your dangling carrots away from us poor addicted fools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back