Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 28, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,246 of 4,830

I can hope, but I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. The shipping speed is like a week or so from the post date for overseas stuff right? Cuz the wait is killing me. The R2As are keeping on life support until the Hyperion and Delta show up
biggrin.gif

It is my considered medical opinion that no one will die due to a prolonged wait for their IEMs to arrive.  Of course in real life I'm not a doctor, I only play one on Head-Fi. 
tongue.gif

Cheer up, I'm in the same boat... waiting... the worst part for me is they might arrive here AFTER I change countries and will be away for a few months.

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #1,247 of 4,830
  It is my considered medical opinion that no one will die due to a prolonged wait for their IEMs to arrive.  Of course in real life I'm not a doctor, I only play one on Head-Fi. 
tongue.gif

Cheer up, I'm in the same boat... waiting... the worst part for me is they might arrive here AFTER I change countries and will be away for a few months.

Ouch, could be an even more agonizing wait for you haha. Head-Fi: a reputable audio forum where members can offer sound medical opinions.....as long as those medical opinions involve audio issues......and don't involve medical training
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #1,249 of 4,830
I think I remember Hyperion described as a baby Altone200. I love Altone200, and I think I just fell in love with the Hyperion :heart_eyes:

Listened to Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast album. It was really good, Bob!

Stop it! You're making me start to regret not grabbing a pair too.

Any impression on the deltas yet (but is nice seeing some thoughts on the other models)

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,250 of 4,830
Stop it! You're making me start to regret not grabbing a pair too.

Any impression on the deltas yet (but is nice seeing some thoughts on the other models)

Nope, I intentionally chose to only listen to the Hyperion since they weren't getting any love, and I'm glad I did because they fit my taste pretty darn well :L3000:

And they're tiny and shiny, which is cool to geek out on :wink_face:

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,252 of 4,830

I can hope, but I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. The shipping speed is like a week or so from the post date for overseas stuff right? Cuz the wait is killing me. The R2As are keeping on life support until the Hyperion and Delta show up
biggrin.gif

Urgh same here. First order of the day, everyday, is logging into email and Kickstarter. All the fantastic impressions are most definitely not helpingg (they totally negated any sort of buyer's remorse though). I've resorted to going to LMUE for borrowed FLC life support. Which also doesn't help much I guess. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #1,254 of 4,830
Hyperion + Delta were the last audio gear I purchased before my work site got shut down. Now that I've heard how good these are, I'm really regretting not purchasing the Techne while I was still gainfully employed...

Well, at least you got the other 2. Both the big and little brothers. Or sisters. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,255 of 4,830
Bobtrinity was the tri-force on the little case an Easter egg?

Anyway the husband loves the Hyperions, so small and light, I was surprised at exactly how small ans light they were, even after seeing scale pictures. First thing he did was put his favorite dubstep mix on and he had a smile on his face. Said they are absolutely perfect in terms of sound and build, like everyone else his favorite bit out the build was the cable, oh and the fact they actually stay in his ears. He seemed impressed with the detail and enjoyed the overall balance between base, mids and treble.

Unpacking them and handling them it is difficult to believe they retail for only £30, due to the look, feel and the amount of accessories, this is emphasized even more when you hear them. For this price and size I half expected them to sound a little tinny but they didnt at all. Seriously if £30 quid is a steal, the kickstarter price was just plain dirty.

I have had a little listen to them myself and I mean little - hour or so, when I wrestled them away from him. Initial impressions are that they are surprising and just not what I expected from something so tiny and light weight, they sound clean and have maybe an airiness to them? Handles base well and gets low, is not overpowering, mids I would say sound detailed and clear, the treble shimmers and didnt seem harsh from my very limited time with them. I have paid much more than this and not been as happy with the product, for what it is worth from a audio n00b like me, I am impressed.

I looking forward to seeing the new stuff soon. Will you send test units out like last time to some of the reviewers Bob?

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,256 of 4,830
  Had a bit of trouble getting a proper fit (I like the way the ear tips feel that came on the IEMs already but I used to use double flange tips on my old IEMs, so I sometimes get the feeling that they aren't 'securely' in my ears, even though they are) but the sound is phenomenal. Thrown some pop music at them, bit of rock, jazz, dance, even some Yiruma in there, handled with ease by stock tips and stock filters. Haven't even tried the others yet. 

I finally found the upgrade I was looking for. The cable on these is gorgeous by the way; it was basically the weakest part of my old ones (Where the cable enters the housings) but I can't fault these build quality wise at all.

Bravo.

You got the Delta?  More comparison to Tenore please :D

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,257 of 4,830
Brooko, can you put the filter colors and their sound description in the first post?  Might help prospective buyers.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,258 of 4,830
Brooko, can you put the filter colors and their sound description in the first post?  Might help prospective buyers.

In my experience :

Gun metal: thick and smooth
Silver: lively and airy
Pink: all about the treble

:wink:

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,260 of 4,830
In my experience :

Gun metal: thick and smooth
Silver: lively and airy
Pink: all about the treble

wink.gif

So it seems like you prefer the Silver :D