Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 28, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #1,231 of 4,830
Seems like there's a lot of enthusiasm for the Delta and Techne. The Hyperion feels left out, so I'm going to help out...

The Hyperion is the first IEM I can lay down on my side with comfortably, not have sound cut out, and retain its seal. I think it's the tiny size!

Hyperion vs. Standard USB Connector

Burn-in will commence in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

I'm absolutely sure it's the small form factor. My Flare R2A is so far the only one I could lay on my side with and not have any issues, be it comfort or sound. So size would definitely be my bet. An IEM can obviously be labeled small when the shell would be able to fin IN the tip that's on it.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #1,234 of 4,830
Oh man, these things are SUPER comfortable. I am using the silicon double flang tips and it doesn't feel like anything is in my ear - just music. A big relief for someone who isn't terribly used to IEMs. 

Today is gunmetal day. So far, no complaints at all. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #1,237 of 4,830
Blown away yet?
biggrin.gif

Had a bit of trouble getting a proper fit (I like the way the ear tips feel that came on the IEMs already but I used to use double flange tips on my old IEMs, so I sometimes get the feeling that they aren't 'securely' in my ears, even though they are) but the sound is phenomenal. Thrown some pop music at them, bit of rock, jazz, dance, even some Yiruma in there, handled with ease by stock tips and stock filters. Haven't even tried the others yet. 

I finally found the upgrade I was looking for. The cable on these is gorgeous by the way; it was basically the weakest part of my old ones (Where the cable enters the housings) but I can't fault these build quality wise at all.

Bravo.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,238 of 4,830
Had a bit of trouble getting a proper fit (I like the way the ear tips feel that came on the IEMs already but I used to use double flange tips on my old IEMs, so I sometimes get the feeling that they aren't 'securely' in my ears, even though they are) but the sound is phenomenal. Thrown some pop music at them, bit of rock, jazz, dance, even some Yiruma in there, handled with ease by stock tips and stock filters. Haven't even tried the others yet. 

I finally found the upgrade I was looking for. The cable on these is gorgeous by the way; it was basically the weakest part of my old ones (Where the cable enters the housings) but I can't fault these build quality wise at all.

Bravo.

Thank you Mackem.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,239 of 4,830
Wow! Thank you so much Bob and amazing team :sparkling_heart:. Opened by package just now after the mrs found the parcel abandoned outside .( Cuh APC! )Anyway, it was the best xmas type experience since getting a bigtrak . (Think Ive dated myself here :dizzy_face:)
Simply and magically gorgeous on the eye , and a crackin sound is ringing in my eyes. Looking forward to many a happy time with these beauties. Not even tried the different filters yet or burn in .
Thanks for all the super human efforts Bob et al.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,240 of 4,830
Wow! Thank you so much Bob and amazing team :sparkling_heart:. Opened by package just now after the mrs found the parcel abandoned outside .( Cuh APC! )Anyway, it was the best xmas type experience since getting a bigtrak . (Think Ive dated myself here :dizzy_face:)
Simply and magically gorgeous on the eye , and a crackin sound is ringing in my eyes. Looking forward to many a happy time with these beauties. Not even tried the different filters yet or burn in .
Thanks for all the super human efforts Bob et al.

Thank you so much.

Always wanted a bigtrak as a kid

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #1,241 of 4,830

Bravo.

you can hang those tenores now, they served you well :D

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,242 of 4,830
  While I'm waiting for my Delta +2 Hyperions how 'bout some of the Hyperion owners chime in with some sonic impressions?  I keep reading good things about the Delta but the Hyperion appears to be overlooked.

I love the Hyperion, well balanced and for what Bob's asking are a steal. Just got through listening to this (A little band from my home town) and these are the most comfortable iem's out of the box since my old and beloved Ety 6i's
biggrin.gif

As much as I like my new KZ threesome (ATE/ED9 and 10) the Hyperion's easily best them all from build quality to SQ
wink_face.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,243 of 4,830
I love the Hyperion, well balanced and for what Bob's asking are a steal. Just got through listening to this (A little band from my home town) and these are the most comfortable iem's out of the box since my old and beloved Ety 6i's:D

As much as I like my new KZ threesome (ATE/ED9 and 10) the Hyperion's easily best them all from build quality to SQ:wink_face:

Glad your happy with them :D

I like to think of them as technical but lots of fun

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #1,244 of 4,830
Hopefully I will get my Hyperions in 2-3 days. 
popcorn.gif
 Really excited to hear them.

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,245 of 4,830
  Hopefully I will get my Hyperions in 2-3 days. 
popcorn.gif
 Really excited to hear them.

I can hope, but I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. The shipping speed is like a week or so from the post date for overseas stuff right? Cuz the wait is killing me. The R2As are keeping on life support until the Hyperion and Delta show up
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back