Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,777 of 4,830
That's a point. But... If you listen to the purple filters via qobuz or indeed tidal flac you can seriously get that bass and detail. As try for yourself. If you can't afford you can always get a fre trial

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2,779 of 4,830

Absolutely wrong, I'm not using a bad source at all. The purple filters just completely lack body and impact for me. If they're your stars, then more power to you, but you won't sway me from my gunmetals!
tongue.gif

Anyone else with me, the purples were just lacking for their music tastes?

I honestly couldn't stand them for more than 20min, not because they're bad but I'm just quite treble sensitive. And so happens that most of my music is in that range with high pitch female singers and plucked strings so I got a headache after that. Gunmetal for me definitely, and the tape and prick mod helps a little with the mids body. I do wish it could it a bit more lush though, just a bit thin and recessed compared to the rest of the spectrum.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,780 of 4,830
I received a pair of Delta's through a trade yesterday and my initial impressions are pretty mixed. I think, for the first time, I'll actually do a proper review for these but they definitely have some issues , not with the build though...that is stellar for sure.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2,781 of 4,830
I honestly couldn't stand them for more than 20min, not because they're bad but I'm just quite treble sensitive. And so happens that most of my music is in that range with high pitch female singers and plucked strings so I got a headache after that. Gunmetal for me definitely, and the tape and prick mod helps a little with the mids body. I do wish it could it a bit more lush though, just a bit thin and recessed compared to the rest of the spectrum.

Have you tried JVC Spiral Dots with Delta? Maybe they can tame the treble and add some body to the mids. Just a guess though.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,782 of 4,830
That's ok, just wondering what is your source and player. To me purple filters are for people who really know and appreciate the finer details about how music should sound. Clarity is the key. If you're source is MP3 don't bother with the purple filters.

If portable, iPod Touch 5th gen, which isn't necessarily bad and I'm pretty sure many agree with me on that, but it's certainly not great. But my comments only refer to how they sounded through my desktop setup, a Topping D20/TP30MkII pairing. Lossless files (used to be FLAC, converted to ALAC since I'm using iTunes), but IMO, only audiophile snobs hear a difference between lossless and a well-encoded MP3 (I check mine using Spectro, well-encoded MP3s I consider to be ones that are only missing the 20kHz+ frequencies but have everything else). If you fall into said audiophile snob camp and feel offended, then sorry for that but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. You are very much welcome to think only people who appreciate detailed music will appreciate the purples (I strongly disagree with that, but so be it, we all have different opinions). Isolating more of the upper registers (which is what the purple filter does basically) will bring out the strengths of the BA in the Delta, which does a good job and as such will offer the perception of more clarity. Using the gunmetals doesn't take away the ability of the BA to produce clear and detailed highs, but rather layers the low and mid range on top. For me, that creates a much more complete musical experience; if that's not what it does for you, it just proves that the world isn't made of 7.5 billion clones (thank god!). The purple filters absolutely won't fit my needs and is missing too much of the lower and mid range to be of any use to me. I would guess that for you, the gunmetals would probably just feel too congested since the purples feel far too thin to me. Question for you though: since the purples work out so well for you, does that make the gunmetal and silvers bass cannons? Or just the silvers and maybe the gunmetals are just a bit too much for your taste, but not quite bass cannons?

I'd have to agree with Midgetguy about the purple nozzles. I'm sure they're awesome with some harpsichord concertos or other music that doesn't have a strong bass foundation.
What tunes are you listening to?

Oh good, someone agrees with me haha. But therein lies that problem, no body and impact just won't work for me cuz a large chunk of my library is EDM, though there's still some jazz and orchestral stuff in it as well as some pop and rock. The purples aren't necessarily bad, no one could say that in a universal sense and be correct, but they really just don't fit what I listen to.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #2,784 of 4,830
Hi guys, apologies if I offended anybody regarding my personal views on the purple filters. I just find the silver and gunmetal filters are a bit overpowering to my ears. One thing though, is that I am not an audiophile snob. My music preference is mainly classical and electronic . Played via Qobuz sublime. Again this just my opinion from tip and filter rolling. :sound:

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,785 of 4,830
Hi guys, apologies if I offended anybody regarding my personal views on the purple filters. I just find the silver and gunmetal filters are a bit overpowering to my ears. One thing though, is that I am not an audiophile snob. My music preference is mainly classical and electronic . Played via Qobuz sublime. Again this just my opinion from tip and filter rolling. :sound:

Haha, no worries man, the important thing here is we're all enjoying the music pumping outta these
beerchug.gif
. I am surprised that you feel the purple filters are enough for electronic, but like I said before, different ears. But this is exactly the reason Bob went with the filter system. It seems to me that most people are rocking the gunmetal filters, but if he didn't have the purple filters, you wouldn't be enjoying these nice IEMs along with the rest of us now would you? What kind of electronic are you listening to? Cuz I find myself listening to a lotta chill, future bass, and house (progressive and tropical). The Deltas offer great balance of detail highs while still providing enough kick to satisfy electronic tracks. Sometimes I'll switch to the Hyperion if I'm wanting a bit more bass response though. Wearing the Hyperions right now actually.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #2,786 of 4,830
Nice reply, appreciate it. :beers:. You know what... Just listening to early English electronic stuff from the 80's likes of John Foxx and such like. Appreciate artists that experimented with synths in the decades before. Imo thanks to these guys they evolved music. But again that's just my view. Interested in your general view on the Hyperions. How do they stack up to the Delta's? Like yourself I do appreciate Bob and have found him a pleasure to deal with.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #2,787 of 4,830
Nice reply, appreciate it. :beers:. You know what... Just listening to early English electronic stuff from the 80's likes of John Foxx and such like. Appreciate artists that experimented with synths in the decades before. Imo thanks to these guys they evolved music. But again that's just my view. Interested in your general view on the Hyperions. How do they stack up to the Delta's? Like yourself I do appreciate Bob and have found him a pleasure to deal with.

I haven't looked that far back into electronic haha, so barring my lack of knowledge, I'll take your word for it. The Hyperions are very good for what they are I think, might not be your cup of tea though. I find it to be a very v-shaped signature, much treble and lots of bass. It can seem boomy at times, but I think the dynamic driver of the Hyperion can do bass better than the one in the Delta given the right tuning. As it stands, it feels looser and boomier than the Deltas, but very still very good. the mid range is recessed though to my ears, but Bob's actually working on that as we speak, tweaking the next gen Hyperion to tame the treble a little and bring out some more of the mids. I'd say that for under $50 USD, it's my overall best pick. On sound quality under $50, I think I might just barely give the edge to the VSonic VSD3S (mostly due to sound sig as fidelity is pretty neck and neck), but that thing's build quality is absolute rubbish in comparison to the Hyperion. Plus, its bulky shell means it's far less comfortable; the Hyperion's just disappear into your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back