Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Nov 5, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #2,761 of 4,830
Preference at play.  I personally love the Deltas with Jazz.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2,762 of 4,830
Little over 20 hrs now with the Delta. The top end has smoothed out real nice, and the low end has tightened up a fair amount. On some tracks I still find the bass ever so slightly boomy, but with 95% of what I am playing now it is a very balanced iem.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #2,765 of 4,830
Just my cent worth..... Have the delta's since they were launched. One has to play around with both tips and filters. Don't know about you guys but the purple filters suit me the best. Of course this depends on the source and devices that one is playing through to optimise them. A little trick is to close your mouth, squeez your nose and blow. :smile:

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,766 of 4,830

Then I'd understand why they don't quite hit the spot for you for Jazz. I've felt that the Delta overall could use just a bit more presence in the midrange for my tastes.

I think it's mostly textural. The timbre and tone of the Delta's is quite lush and lovely, but it's also a wee bit thin, which helps give it that wonderful sense of clarity, transparency and separation that it has. It works quite great in most music, from pop to classical. But I think things like saxophone do feel a bit unnatural, particularly in chamber music or big band contexts. I was listening to Kamasi Washington's The Epic and it felt papery.

Piano is quite lovely in the Delta's, though. I think the Deltas excel with pop, hip hop, electronic music and vocals. They are still my favorite iem I own (I have the re-400s, the vsd3s, cx300ii...)

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2,767 of 4,830

I think it's mostly textural. The timbre and tone of the Delta's is quite lush and lovely, but it's also a wee bit thin, which helps give it that wonderful sense of clarity, transparency and separation that it has. It works quite great in most music, from pop to classical. But I think things like saxophone do feel a bit unnatural, particularly in chamber music or big band contexts. I was listening to Kamasi Washington's The Epic and it felt papery.

Piano is quite lovely in the Deltas, though. I think they excel with pop, hip hop, electronic music and vocals. They are still my favorite iem I own (I have the re-400s, the vsd3s, cx300ii...) I think I still prefer the vsd3s for jazz. The re-400s are basically useless now; they are so ridiculously bass shy it ruins the music for me. Anyone who claims the bass 'is just right' with the re-400, as I routinely read in the forums, are fooling themselves, or others.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,768 of 4,830
I've had the Deltas for a couple of days now. VERY happy with the purchase. Gunmetals FTW!

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #2,769 of 4,830
Just my cent worth..... Have the delta's since they were launched. One has to play around with both tips and filters. Don't know about you guys but the purple filters suit me the best. Of course this depends on the source and devices that one is playing through to optimise them. A little trick is to close your mouth, squeez your nose and blow. :smile:

Interesting, haven't heard of many people choosing the purple filters as their favorite. It really is about sound signature preference, the whole reason for having multiple filters. I personally prefer the gunmetals the best of the original 3 filters. The purples were just way too thin for me and had no body at all, not to mention zero bass response. Just didn't fit me or the music I listen to.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #2,773 of 4,830
Obviously you have a bad source. Listen them through qobuz sublime and you will appreciate the sq via the purple filters. :scream:

Absolutely wrong, I'm not using a bad source at all. The purple filters just completely lack body and impact for me. If they're your stars, then more power to you, but you won't sway me from my gunmetals!
tongue.gif

Anyone else with me, the purples were just lacking for their music tastes?

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,774 of 4,830
That's ok, just wondering what is your source and player. To me purple filters are for people who really know and appreciate the finer details about how music should sound. Clarity is the key. If you're source is MP3 don't bother with the purple filters.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #2,775 of 4,830
That's ok, just wondering what is your source and player. To me purple filters are for people who really know and appreciate the finer details about how music should sound. Clarity is the key. If you're source is MP3 don't bother with the purple filters.

I don't think that is a fair comment. I think the emphasized treble gives the feeling of  increased detail, rather than actually given more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back