Introducing the LCD-i3
Nov 7, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #961 of 1,041
They have very similar sound, you’re not far off there. With the added benefit of not being heavy like their overhead headphones.
And I'm probably going to not need both of them but just picked up the i4 cause Audeze has some ludicrous pricing right now.

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #963 of 1,041
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #964 of 1,041
Audeze shared the cipher cable EQ profile with me when I emailed asking about the lightning cipher cable (it's been posted many pages back but I'm posting it here again)-- I use this profile, with a low shelf added to boost the bass by a bit (and no "shift" filter), with my 5K and love it. They are truly phenomenal headphones. I feel like this EQ choice provides a bit more clarity and detail than the auto-eq profile but it's a matter of taste.

LCD-i3-i4-target.png

Which Q value did you use for the low shelf to match Audeze's graph? 0.4 seems to be the closest to that graph line.

I also found a very stupid solution to the ear-hooks problem: a few minutes with a Dremel to cut notches for them into the case Audeze provides. It doesn't seem to impact the rigidity of the case but I can now slip the i3's in and out of the case in seconds, with the ear-hooks on. I'm sure one can do a cleaner job cutting than I did, but it's just a case:

i3_case_cutouts.jpg

I also did that to the case! But I first enlarged the holes to about 20mm and then I cut from the hole to the edge with a utility knife. That way it won't melt the plastic and it gives a cleaner result. But in the end I just decided to place my IEMs and their accessories in a small toolbox. Managing all the individual cases is just a pain.

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #966 of 1,041
love mine so much so, that still i hope for an usb-c cypher. what made audeze skip this?
Hopefully it's to develop a USB C version. In all reality though with chip shortages it probably just became cost prohibited.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #968 of 1,041
you cannot buy earhooks and accessorys anymore. this is a shame counting in the poor quality they gave us with a 1000 dollar headphone.
Interesting, that's the first time I've the accessories sold out.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #969 of 1,041
you cannot buy earhooks and accessorys anymore. this is a shame counting in the poor quality they gave us with a 1000 dollar headphone.
We still have accessories, you would have to contact us at support@audeze.com to make these purchase requests, as we do not have high enough stock to put up on the accessories page.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 23, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #970 of 1,041
Folks definitely give these a try as they seem to be the most comfortable solution to wings/tips/hooks. Someone else in the thread suggested them and they work great for my weird ears.
PXL_20221123_123353685.jpg

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #972 of 1,041
Along these lines, can anyone recommend memory foam tops that fit these headphones? Getting a good deal makes a huge difference but I’ve found that to be tricky at times.
I've gotten dekoni tips to fit on with some work but they weren't comfortable for me. Try out azla crystals or the xelastec tips for a silicone tip that has excellent seal.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #973 of 1,041
Has anyone tried the LCD-i3 with the Ifi Go Blu?

I’ve been using the Qudelix 5k and love the ability to EQ in great detail. I know the Ifi Go Blue can’t match the Qudelix in the EQ department. If anyone has experience of using the LCD-i3 with the Ifi Go Blu, I’d appreciate your views on this combination.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #974 of 1,041

I’ve been using the Qudelix 5k and love the ability to EQ in great detail. I know the Ifi Go Blue can’t match the Qudelix in the EQ department. If anyone has experience of using the LCD-i3 with the Ifi Go Blu, I’d appreciate your views on this combination.

To get an idea of how the Go Blu will sound, just run the i3 with the Qudelix with EQ OFF. Personally I'm unable to use the LCD-i3 without EQ. The LCD-i3 sound without EQ is just too harsh for my taste.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #975 of 1,041

I have an iFi xCan, and don't like the i3 sound without EQ very much so don't use it. For what it's worth the sound through my 5K and xCan with the same PEQ applied (through neutron player) is pretty much identical... my feeling on DACs is once you get to a basic quality threshold (which the 5K definitely surpasses), and have enough power to drive the headphones, the differences become really minor and very small compared to changes in PEQ settings. The extra analog filters (xBass and 3D+) in the iFi are nice but don't add enough to be worth it over the general convenience of the 5K in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back