Introducing the LCD-i3
Dec 28, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #978 of 1,041
Any recommendations for a replacement cable? Not looking for any "high end" stuff, just something at the same level of the original cable.
Well the stock cable isn't good lol but there are tripowin cables on Amazon that are great and have swappable jacks. I usually pick one up and remove the ear hook plastic for perfect use with the 3i.

Dec 28, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #980 of 1,041
Well the stock cable isn't good lol but there are tripowin cables on Amazon that are great and have swappable jacks. I usually pick one up and remove the ear hook plastic for perfect use with the 3i.

Just got a Tripowin Noire cable for $40 off Amazon and it's so much better than the stock tangly mess. Plus it comes with 2.5 3.5 and 4.4 swappable connectors. Can't hear a difference in terms of SQ.

Thanks guys!

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #981 of 1,041
Thanks guys!
Just purchased a set of LCD-i3s recently, B stock and no cipher cable, only the Bluetooth one. I have an iPhone and would love to buy a cipher cable to use with it, if anyone has one that they would like to sell let me know. I’m in Australia if that makes a difference. Was going to post a wanted ad, but couldn’t work it out easily.

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #982 of 1,041
I’m loving my newly purchased LCDi3’s!!
iPhone 14+ Pro>Schiit Wyrd>Schiit Modi Multibit Dac>ALO Audio The National+ amp the or the CypherLabs Picollo amp. Just so enveloping. Cheers and happy listening!

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #983 of 1,041
61FEC9EB-693C-4422-A190-0DCA2C1CE733.jpeg

Jan 31, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #984 of 1,041
Has anyone found other IEMs or headphones that achieve a similar sound? Particularly with auto EQ.
Always disliked the sound of Audezes immensely, but the i3 with EQ is really landing well with me for some reason, and am considering getting on or something similar.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #985 of 1,041
Hi guys,

I just bought myself the Audeze LCD-i3 a week ago. Unfortunately it came without the lightning cipher cable. A few questions about this:

1) How is the lightning cipher vs the BT cipher? Any bigger differences in sound signature? I must say as of right now I have just been listening over my Iphone and the BT cipher cable and must say its okay. Not amazing. Hard to imagine the lightning cipher would change much there, right?

2) Any good recommendations for DAC/Amp´s for the LCD-i3?

Much appreciated!!

Best

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #986 of 1,041
Hi guys,

I just bought myself the Audeze LCD-i3 a week ago. Unfortunately it came without the lightning cipher cable. A few questions about this:

1) How is the lightning cipher vs the BT cipher? Any bigger differences in sound signature? I must say as of right now I have just been listening over my Iphone and the BT cipher cable and must say its okay. Not amazing. Hard to imagine the lightning cipher would change much there, right?

Much appreciated!!

Best
The thing about the Lightning Cipher cable is that you can download the Audeze app and add your own EQ. In my experience, the Lighting Cipher was far better than the BT Cipher. I was lucky that I bought mine back when they were putting both options in the box

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #987 of 1,041
The thing about the Lightning Cipher cable is that you can download the Audeze app and add your own EQ. In my experience, the Lighting Cipher was far better than the BT Cipher. I was lucky that I bought mine back when they were putting both options in the box
Thanks for the reply! Any effect on soundstage/imaging?
And have you tried any amp/Dacs with it?

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #988 of 1,041
Hi guys,

Much appreciated!!

Best
Get a Qudelix Q5k so you can add a proper eq. The Bluetooth cipher does next to nothing - and without EQ, like most Audeze, they’re pretty terrible, in my experience. It completely transforms them.

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #989 of 1,041
Thanks for the reply! Any effect on soundstage/imaging?
And have you tried any amp/Dacs with it?
I've used the E1DA PowerDac with the appropriate EQ and it's excellent, but overkill for these and obviously not as flexible as BT as they're sensitive, so no need for anything other than a 5K IMHO. The other great thing about the 5K is that it automatically switches between my Mac and iPhone so very handy.
I've hardly used the BT Cipher as it just didn't sound up to much, but for my Mac, I'm currently using the eqMac App and this would allow you to get a lot more from the BT Cipher (or the equivalent app for Windows I guess). Haven't tried it since I bought eqMac so can't comment.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #990 of 1,041
I've used the E1DA PowerDac with the appropriate EQ and it's excellent, but overkill for these and obviously not as flexible as BT as they're sensitive, so no need for anything other than a 5K IMHO. The other great thing about the 5K is that it automatically switches between my Mac and iPhone so very handy.
I've hardly used the BT Cipher as it just didn't sound up to much, but for my Mac, I'm currently using the eqMac App and this would allow you to get a lot more from the BT Cipher (or the equivalent app for Windows I guess). Haven't tried it since I bought eqMac so can't comment.
Alright awesome, thank your for the reply! I can actually get my hands on a lightning cipher cable, so i will be able to ditch the BT cipher haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back