Introducing the HIFIMAN Sundara Closed-Back
Aug 31, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #91 of 203
I can wait for the reviews......but at initial glance they look.....odd? Maybe it's just bc Im so used to what the Sundara looks like but it def does look a little frankensteiny like they just kinda mish mashed a bunch of parts together. Could just be the color of the wood against the black headband.....
I think the color of the wood too orange maybe? If it was a more neutral / darker wood maybe it would blend more?

Though usually colors from pictures aren't that accurate, I guess we have to wait to see it in person for final judgement.

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #92 of 203
Ahhh that's a shame, ok I'll buy a dac first then LOL.

Maybe Sundara Closed I'll shoot for Christmas present, or Black Friday purchase????? LOL.

Thanks for the update though, much appreciated!
I’m trying the Sundara closed back too I hope soon - let’s hope they ship soon !

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #93 of 203
@Hyde00 @elee703 first impressions are really nice. I can say it still sounds like HiFiMan. I'm borrowing normal Sundara for the weekend, and I'll see what's up.
My review setup will be JDS Labs Element III, HFM EF400, Sundara, HE400se. Any other headphones I should try to get for comparison?

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #94 of 203
Tempting at that price. But I can wait for reviews..
Wait 3 months and Adorama will be blowing them out for $129 with free USA shipping

I am still looking for a closed back planar which I can mod mic for gaming. This looks like the one I need.

Europe sales when?

Right now, just buy them from China :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #95 of 203
@Hyde00 @elee703 first impressions are really nice. I can say it still sounds like HiFiMan. I'm borrowing normal Sundara for the weekend, and I'll see what's up.
My review setup will be JDS Labs Element III, HFM EF400, Sundara, HE400se. Any other headphones I should try to get for comparison?
Ohhhh awesome, I only have R7DX so it's not exactly a popular model for comparison LOL. Otherwise I've been mainly using Fostex/Denon headphones.

But still curious on your impression in general hahaha. :thumbsup:

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #97 of 203
If you have an HE-400 OG it would be a nice addition.

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #99 of 203
Super interesting watching the breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

Sep 15, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #100 of 203
Sep 15, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #102 of 203
Sep 16, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #104 of 203
I have just got my hands on some. Initial thoughts is that the bass is very impressive - they stay flat all the way down to 10Hz. They are a much warmer sounding headphone than the open sundaras and the mids are a bit more forward. They don't have the same delicate airy treble but that is often the way with a closed headphone.
I have pulled them apart in a video if you fancy seeing what is inside.

That's my thoughts exactly.
I like them more than I like classic Sundara. They fit my taste better. Classic Sundara can feel hollow sometimes.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #105 of 203
Now I’m glad I waited to pull the trigger on the dynamic R9, which I feared would be as loose and floppy as the R7DX. I love my Ananda, which shares this same headband and fits very well on my head - not too loose, not too clampy.

I’ve never owned the Sundara, but figured it was mostly redundant since I have the HE-560 v1, Ananda, and HE-6se v2, but a closed back Sundara is a definite buy for me!
Curious to hear your thoughts after you get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back