Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Aug 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #82 of 515
Interested in what the ceramic housing (and driver) will sound like - anyone have any idea what the expected tuning / benefits of using the ceramic plate driver are?

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #84 of 515
Interested in what the ceramic housing (and driver) will sound like - anyone have any idea what the expected tuning / benefits of using the ceramic plate driver are?

My assessment is this: The piezo driver should be VERY fast, as in electrostat fast. Ceramic materials can have a modulus of elasticity that is 2-3 times higher than titanium (the stiffest metal used in IEMs), which should translate to reduced ringing in the lower frequencies. Wrap such a housing around RHA's magic CL Dynamic driver and you should have very accurate, extended lows. All of the aforementioned combined could very well exhibit amazing, if not end game, sonics IMHO.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #85 of 515
  My assessment is this: The piezo driver should be VERY fast, as in electrostat fast. Ceramic materials can have a modulus of elasticity that is 2-3 times higher than titanium (the stiffest metal used in IEMs), which should translate to reduced ringing in the lower frequencies. Wrap such a housing around RHA's magic CL Dynamic driver and you should have very accurate, extended lows. All of the aforementioned combined could very well exhibit amazing, if not end game, sonics IMHO.

Well, for the price tag, I expect at least that. Come on now.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #89 of 515

because of previous rha iems, i have lost trust in rha already. hope the cl1 will bring them back on track.

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #90 of 515
Hey guys, thanks for all the enthusiasm so far!

Lots of questions in the thread, I'll be running through them all tomorrow morning in a big post!

Couple of things that might be worth noting just now: CL1 is 150 ohms, and yes, we are looking into bundles for CL1 + Dacamp L1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back