INTRODUCING REDESIGNED PLUSSOUND BLUETOOTH CABLES - BT5.0, APTXHD, LDAC, USB DAC/AMP, TYPE-C, AND MORE. COMPATIBLE WITH IEMs AND FULL-SIZE HEADPHONES.
Jun 24, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #121 of 122
I see that but I don't think I can talk myself into the Tri-Silver. The US dollar has not faired well.

Besides my Luna uses the MMCX and not the 2 pin connector.
Make me a bold offer!

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #122 of 122
Device Quality and Customer Service Disappointment

Recently purchased one of these Bluetooth cables and like others I notice a hiss. Using the cable with a set of CTM IEMs. The hiss has varied, sometimes it's quite loud. For the price this is very disappointing. Especially considering how the cheap, overseas products seem to be able to eliminate hiss for much, mush less money. Has anyone resolved this his?

Now the customer service part. Frustrating.
The hiss and some disappointing responses lead me to request a return. Seemed simple and reasonable. The return policy does not (at least not clearly) specifically identify the Bluetooth cables as not returnable. I should note I purchased a pre-made, ready to ship item. Not a custom one. But was told that it can't be returned as a hand made item. I thought all the items were hand made here. So is the return policy a misleading waste? There is enough ambiguity to lead me to wonder if anything can be returned? A simple website update could prevent this disappointment by helping customers make a more informed purchase decision.
To help address the hiss I was given two options, both poor customer service in my opinion. One was to update the firmware. Indicating there is no QC process. Why not ship with the latest firmware? Asking your customers to fix your products is not great. But I went to website to look at the update process and low and behold, it says they do actually ship with the latest firmware. Hmmm, odd, I guess updating the firmware isn't needed. Still a concern as the company rep. doesn't seem to know what the website says, or what the website says isn't true and devices ship with old firmware.
The second option was a suggestion to wait for and then buy an upgrade in the future. Really? Why would a customer who has a poor performing, new device first wait for a positive listening experience and spend more money on a future upgrade to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place at this price point? I don't see a positive here.
Another point, it was stated that the module is made to drive both IEM's and headphones. It's apparently powerful. Left me wondering, so high power prevents a low noise floor? Not convinced. It's more likely poor circuit component placement, electrical trace layout, and/or poor grounding on the circuit board. In general the hiss indicates poor electrical circuity design. Not good at this price.
Will reflash the firmware, even though it's already at the current version in the hope that it helps. If not, considering opening up the case and having one of my coworker EE's take a look. Not with an expectation to fix it, just to get an electrical circuit designer's perspective.

Glass half full part...When the music mostly drowns out the hiss (it's always noticeable to some degree) the sound is as good or better than other Bluetooth devices I have. Including on Apple. Surprising given the codec used on iPhones. Balanced with good detail. Though the CTM's deserve some credit here, detail is why I bought them.

I chose this company and product as it seemed to focus on quality, not quantity like the large players in the audio world. But after this experience, I'm not likely to purchase from this company again. This experience is an example of why people buy mass produced products from large companies and retailers. Maybe that Airpods/Samsung/etc. sound is an acceptable tradeoff after all. At least returns are more likely to be accepted. It's not fun feeling like I just threw hundreds of dollars out the window.

I'm not convinced this company understands or cares about customer service. Am I alone in this experience? What am I missing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back