Introducing LUNA by DUNU, the world's first pure beryllium rolled foil diaphragm flagship dynamic in-ear! (Page 18: Loan Tour Announcement)
Nov 15, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 422
I'm out. lol

No worries for Dunu ... It'll sell. That's just reality nowadays in headfi and has always been in HiFi. If you want the best you have to pay. And I mean PAY, because nothing gets overlooked more by we audiophiles than the law of diminishing returns.

This piece of gear is not about price performance ratio. The value in this case is in knowing you have the best, the first, or the newest.

Consumer vs hobbyist psychology.

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #17 of 422
Nov 15, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 422
Love dunu dk 3001. Looking forward to this one.

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 422
"LUNA will retail for $1699 US dollars and ¥11800 RMB"
For this price, hum. ?Have to wait. In this price have lots of exceptional iems. I was thinking that they will come, maybe, at 1.199 or 1.299 to fight with ak T9iE.

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 422
No worries for Dunu ... It'll sell. That's just reality nowadays in headfi and has always been in HiFi. If you want the best you have to pay. And I mean PAY, because nothing gets overlooked more by we audiophiles than the law of diminishing returns.

This piece of gear is not about price performance ratio. The value in this case is in knowing you have the best, the first, or the newest.

I sometimes do not condone this to be too mainstream. Totls become overprice lately.

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 422
oof, a worthy iem to demo first before blind buying. Dunu has good past totls and this one should perform well but with that price, i will stay away from blind buying! thanks for quoting, i missed that retail

Working hard to secure a tour unit for Head-Fi members! :smile: We should be able to start production next month, and so January is a good goal for us to get people to start listening!

Additionally, we're looking to send Jude a unit once we're done with the cosmetic side of things (need to make minor adjustments to the CNC programming to carry out the designer's vision), and he can do a full battery of tests with his fancy new B&K 5128 (we only have a 4128C) and high-resolution GRAS rigs. :nerd:

Our own test equipment indicates LUNA has vanishingly low distortion figures, and as people can see from the vibrometry video, the pistonic motion it produces is highly uniform, far better than conventional drivers that even we have made.

Ground breaking audio requires sacrifice my friend.
Option #1
Why pay your mortgage. You can skip out on a month or two. They say you can refinance with better mortgage rates now a days and skip out on a month of payment on most terms. Skipping out a month of pay means new audio!

Option #2
Sell something. You know most of what you got is not going to cut it after you get such ground breaking audio. Might as well sell the goods the whole lot. None of what you have is gonna matter afterwards. Places take clothes for cash as well. Look into that as a bonus

Option #3
Uber and Lyft. Yes it might be time to get that side hustle. Requirements can't be that tight if you see news of Uber driver shooting passengers. If you know what I mean.

Option #4
If you be kinda hard on your body, party too much ect and you know your life has some limitations. There are dark places in China and some 3rd world countries that will gladly pay you in cash for an organ you don't need. Cus blood and sperm don't pay out as much as you think.

Option #5
I know you all have a collection of something in your house. Most folks have a prized possestion of something old and spendy. An old family heriloom perhaps. Time to use the ebay.

Option #6
If you have good credit. Time to take out a small loan for a down payment on a car. But you know where that money is going. OR a sub option is to actually go for a car but get a junker that requires not much down so you can spend the rest where it counts. Car might be a lemon but at least you got good sound to cruise around with your lemon.

Option #7
People all have someone in their family thats got some cash. You know what to do there cus you haven't asked that person yet to let you borrow $1700. It has to be a first time cus if you asked in the past. They will most certainly not let you borrow cus they don't want that to be a habit. Promise you will pay em back of course and you can then now use options #1-#6, #8-#11 to repay that family member or friend.

Option #8
Try your hand at gambling. You never know but if this option gets you more in the hole,it usually does. Hey at least it is an option with what money you got.

Option # 10
I got a call from a Lawyer from Uganda. Says I have a long lost uncle that left me a lot of money. But the catch is I have to pay a small fee in order to get that long lost money.
He said a small fee which equated to about $5000 but it would have been better it if was $1700. You know where I am going with that. This tactic evidently works as it exists. I saw it on the news too so I know it works.

Final Option #11
All else fails. Time to dig into your life savings. Life is short as you all know. Why not treat your hearing with something ground breaking. Enjoy the best of what audio has to offer in the short span of life that we all have. If your significant other has a fit as that was money you was putting away for a vacation. Most vacations are overrated anyway.

We certainly wouldn't recommend some of these options, though certainly they were suggested in jest. However, we will look hard at financing options for LUNA. The issue with financing options is that "mini-loans" from companies like Affirm, Afterpay, Klarna, etc. do impact a consumer's credit score, especially if the person cannot pay it down quickly. We would not wish for people to have to take a hit on their credit in order to afford LUNA.

then that would mean that the Luna is not the world's first to use one. :sweat_smile:

We have high confidence in our statement -- let's leave it at that! :angel:

We have always maintained a goal of giving consumers the most value, even at this price point. That's why we've had some trouble attracting distributors, as our margins are very, very slim. However, the raw materials and further advanced processing associated with LUNA are exorbitantly high.

In the coming months, we will detail the entire speaker production process, from cutting out the material, forming it, and bonding it to its suspension, before setting it on its support structure. Not only are the materials costly, but the labor is beyond intensive. There's not too much we can automate. We've already offset some R&D costs to minimize the hit on the sticker price.

Could we have priced it lower? Perhaps if we went with a stainless steel or plastic housing. But where's the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 15, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #22 of 422
A few pictures from CanJam Shanghai and our press conference there:

IMG_5753a_Square.jpg IMG_5752a_Square.jpg
From the moment the show opened at 10 AM on 11/9, we were swamped with show-goers hoping to listen to the LUNA.
We had to start handing out waiting list number cards on 11/10, going all the way up to #55.

IMG_7059a_Square.jpg IMG_7063a_Square.jpg
Part of the reason why the line was so long was that people spent a long time listening, sometimes up to 25 minutes at a time.
We will have to curb listening times at our next show --- actually there's one this weekend at one of FUJIYA-AVIC's locations.

IMG_7069a_Square_Cropped.jpg IMG_7113a_Square.jpg
The show's spokesmodels helped us out with displaying the LUNA on the show floor and at the press conference.

IMG_7096a_Square.jpg IMG_7100a_Square.jpg
Media members present at the press conference were mostly local to China, but @Frank I was there! Thanks for coming out, Frank!

IMG_7103a_Square.jpg IMG_7117a_Square.jpg
@FiiO 's Scottish Blackface mascot even made an appearance at the press conference!

IMG_7107a.jpg IMG_7120a_Square.jpg
IMG_7124a_Square.jpg IMG_7133a_Square.jpg
Our head acoustic engineer Andy Zhao headlined the technical presentation to describe why LUNA is an engineering breakthrough,
while our industrial designer Moses gave a great overview of the intricate design elements of the LUNA.​

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 16, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 422
I look forward to adding this to my collection. I love how dynamic driver sound, the bass, the midrange, the naturalness and coherency.

As far as pricing goes, it is along with other flagship dynamic IEM pricing, or dare say far below it.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #30 of 422
Would have liked a fun bass sound rather than reference.

But let see how things go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back