Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 11, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #4,471 of 4,765
This thread is really quiet lately...

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #4,472 of 4,765
Okay, Lotoo Paw Gold vs Sony NW-WM1Z? What do you like better, and why?

Yes, I know I'm being a pain in the ass tonight but I have some things going through my mind...

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #4,473 of 4,765
Okay, Lotoo Paw Gold vs Sony NW-WM1Z? What do you like better, and why?

Yes, I know I'm being a pain in the ass tonight but I have some things going through my mind...
I don't have either of those daps but I hope your ok

Aug 10, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #4,474 of 4,765
Not at all, it sounds completely different, neutral and boring, whereas the LPG is quite exciting.

I just saw this. I am here right now comparing my LPG with my new LPGT. (To do this I had put my SD card back in my LPG and am using the LPGT in USB DAC mode. This should favour the LPG, but perhaps not. See below.)

These DAPs are so similar that volume matching is essential. Having done that I can hear some subtle differences that explain your view. Slightly more treble energy in the LPG; a slightly smoother presentation in the LPGT.

So I cannot argue with your subjective view, although our tastes in equipment differ. (For example, I remember that you were not impressed by the Lab 1 whereas that is my go-to IEM).

My subjective view is that the LPGT is slightly more refined with smoother integration in the sound stage, i.e. it is right is to my tastes.

But seriously, the difference is only noticeable on rapid back and forth. Both sound superb when you settle in. Feature-wise there is no comparison. "LTOS" with the large bright screen is a pleasure to navigate. (There are more useful features than I can possibly mention here...) And the asynchronous USB DAC mode on the LPGT is excellent. At my desk on the road (like now in HK), I can switch to the convenience of Foobar with no real price paid in SQ that I can yet discern. The world of movies and music videos opens up too, which was a big reason for my upgrade. (Also I am sick of the LPG screen; my second one is already starting to fade. This is definitely the Achilles Heel on an otherwise excellent DAP.)

YMMV for sure. But match volumes on the comparison!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #4,475 of 4,765
I should add that, as always, synergy is everything. I was very impressed by the combination of my LPGT with the Sony IER-Z1R that I spent some time listening to today. I will not buy the IER-Z1R. I will not. I will not go back to Let's Go Audio. I will not. Repeat until I fly out tomorrow.

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #4,476 of 4,765
Quick update having listened obsessively to and tinkered with the LPGT over the past ten days. I agree with Mimouille now. The LPGT is dull out of the box by comparison with the LPG. It is tuned to utter neutral, a blank canvass that has to be painted on. And I think that there may be another issue that is impeding its commercial success.

The whole thing is looking like is a tragic market misadventure. The LPG came out of the gate like a rocket, whereas the LPGT is looking to be the most wonderful DAP that no one will ever hear. Anyway I need to get back home to my LPG and other IEMs to do some proper comparisons. More to follow.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #4,477 of 4,765
I am loving the LPG with my AKG K812 headphones today. Dignis cases are the absolute best!

0905191954.jpg

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #4,478 of 4,765
@Quadfather , I love my Lotoo PAW Gold too. However, I have not figured out how to display albums covers on it...have you?

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #4,479 of 4,765
@Quadfather , I love my Lotoo PAW Gold too. However, I have not figured out how to display albums covers on it...have you?

I have not really figured that out either. Having said that, I have a few albums that do show up, and the album art is so grainy and horrible that it's not even worth doing. The player that displays my album art best right now is my Sony

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #4,480 of 4,765
Hello, I have a LPG Diana edition and the screen is getting that pink color that was already a problem discussed here.

May I ask if this us just cosmetic or in the long term I may be without screen to use the LPG? I am not able to replace the screen by myself and sending it to Lotoo fro where I live can be a challenge.

Thanks

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #4,481 of 4,765
Hello, I have a LPG Diana edition and the screen is getting that pink color that was already a problem discussed here.

May I ask if this us just cosmetic or in the long term I may be without screen to use the LPG? I am not able to replace the screen by myself and sending it to Lotoo fro where I live can be a challenge.

Thanks

Pink color is a sign, but you'll be able to use it. The lcd will get darker but you can adjust the brightness to mid-high. eventually, you'll need to replace it.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #4,482 of 4,765

Thanks

If you don't have anyone local, I will replace the screen for you if sending to the UK is easier/cheaper for you?

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #4,483 of 4,765
I am alarmed that he pink screen problem plagues the more recent Diana editions of the Lotoo PAW Gold. I had the problem in my older one, but understood it to have been fixed for the more recent versions. Guess not. Drat!

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #4,484 of 4,765
Just purchased a second hand LPG and I'm trying to download the latest firmware from the Lotoo site, but can't. When I try to download any of the firmware on their downloads page my PC (or Mac) starts the download and then just stops (after anywhere from 4k to 48k of a 2M download). Can't figure out why, have turned off the virus scanner (on PC) and doesn't make any difference. Tried over the last two days and makes no difference - anyone have any suggestions? Also trying to download firmware for my PAW5000 MkII and same things happens??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back